Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Thanks for your answer and great work, niabi.

Well I decided to try a megadrive rom and the system detected it without any problem but not c64. Then I went in es_sytems.cfg and could not find any C64 system with it's own path. This mean I will always have to pass by retroarch to play C64 games?

• Thanks for your answer and great work, niabi.

Well I decided to try a megadrive rom and the system detected it without any problem but not c64. Then I went in es_sytems.cfg and could not find any C64 system with it's own path. This mean I will always have to pass by retroarch to play C64 games?

Well if its not there you could always add it. I will add it for the next release, do you know the core for c64 games ?

• Ok I did not know I could simply add it like the other ones (top newb here).

The core is Commodore 64 and the emulator is vice-x64, but something tells me this is not really what you want to know :blush:

Edited once, last by candien (March 7, 2018 at 7:59 PM).

• I've added it to github but in the meantime if you want to add it yourself you need to SSH into your box and then

Code
    nano /storage/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

and add this:

Code
    <system>
    <name>c64</name>
    <fullname>Commodore 64</fullname>
    <path>/storage/roms/c64</path>
    <extension>.c64 .C64 .zip .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/usr/bin/retroarch -L /tmp/cores/vice_x64_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
    <platform>c64</platform>
    <theme>c64</theme>
    </system>
  • niabi Hello and thanks for this!

I have installed your image at nand and works very fine! But sometimes I am a little comfortable and I would like to be able to read the roms from my server.

They are in \\NORMANDYSERVER\roms, but adding that path to the es_systems.cfg file doesn't detect anything, the sx05reroms file is there, trying rebooting but no success

I've been reading something about mounting the unit in samba, but I'm a denier with linux and I'm a little confuse... How should I proceed to read the folder where the roms are? I suppose that in retroarch I could also explore this folder and choose to save the states there to continue them on my pc for example?

Thanks again for this!

• niabi Hello and thanks for this!

I have installed your image at nand and works very fine! But sometimes I am a little comfortable and I would like to be able to read the roms from my server.

They are in \\NORMANDYSERVER\roms, but adding that path to the es_systems.cfg file doesn't detect anything, the sx05reroms file is there, trying rebooting but no success

I've been reading something about mounting the unit in samba, but I'm a denier with linux and I'm a little confuse... How should I proceed to read the folder where the roms are? I suppose that in retroarch I could also explore this folder and choose to save the states there to continue them on my pc for example?

Thanks again for this!

Unfortunately I am not that familiar with samba on linux. but reading up a bit it seems you need to mount it first, try with this (I copied it from Google)

Code
    mv /storage/roms /storage/roms2
    smbmount "\\\\NORMANDYSERVER\\roms" -U rtg2t -c 'mount /storage/roms -u 500 -g 100'

That should hopefully mount your shared in the rom path that ES is looking for, hopefully you won't need to change any other setting.

The script to detect roms is not enabled for samba, as it would make it extremely hard to detect the shares (I think) but if someone knows how to enable it I would love to see code for that.

• I'm afraid there's something that is not right :\

Code
    Sx05RE:~ # mv /storage/roms /storage/roms2
    Sx05RE:~ # smbmount "\\\\NORMANDYSERVER\\roms" -U rtg2t -c 'mount /storage/roms
    -u 500 -g 100'
    -sh: smbmount: not found
    Sx05RE:~ #
  • Try with

mount -t cifs //server/share /mnt/abc -o user=user,pass=password,dom=domain

Or try this

Mounting network shares [LibreELEC.wiki]

Using the Wiki I did everything but when I check status...

the "***" is my pass.

It seems that I am on the right path but there is something that I can't with my server

• Using the Wiki I did everything but when I check status...

the "***" is my pass.

It seems that I am on the right path but there is something that I can't with my serve

Have you tried with //NORMANDYSERVER/roms instead of \\NORMANDYSERVER\roms ?

Code
    [Mount]
    What=//192.168.1.222/recordings
    Where=/storage/recordings
    Options=username=nasuser1,password=123nas,rw,vers=2.1
    Type=cifs
  • Hi,

to the mounting problem i found these. But i ve not tested yet. But i will, cause i have my roms also on a linux Network Server. This is a string for the FSTAB - so its stays connected after a reboot. Hope this helps IF cifs is installad on libreelec :o

Code
    //192.168.X.X/roms /media/roms/ cifs defaults,noauto,nofail,username=youruser,passwd=yourpassword,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target 0 0
  • Hi,

to the mounting problem i found these. But i ve not tested yet. But i will, cause i have my roms also on a linux Network Server. This is a string for the FSTAB - so its stays connected after a reboot. Hope this helps IF cifs is installad on libreelec :o

Code
    //192.168.X.X/roms /media/roms/ cifs defaults,noauto,nofail,username=youruser,passwd=yourpassword,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target 0 0

hmmm etc/fstab?

editing says that

Code
    Read 0 lines (Warning: No write permission) ]

So is impossible to edit via ssh at least

• hmmm etc/fstab?

editing says that

Code
    Read 0 lines (Warning: No write permission) ]

So is impossible to edit via ssh at least

This is what i meant, there are parts you have write rights to change things and on some you havent ... so you can only test the code i send you by ssh your box and copy it into the shell, but if you reboot your box, you must do it again,

• DarzLir can you show me your full .mount file?

the storage-normandyroms.mount that I created?

and the other that I tried

If I put "//NORMANDYSERVER/roms in windows doesn't exist, with the \\ yes.

This is what i meant, there are parts you have write rights to change things and on some you havent ... so you can only test the code i send you by ssh your box and copy it into the shell, but if you reboot your box, you must do it again,

Wow, it looks like it's going to be a good headache

• First of all, thank you very much for all the work you done.

I spent some time today setting all up (added NFS automount to autostart.sh, indexed some folders, added C64) all without major issues.

I did run into one issue, and that is that I wanted to add Atari ST and Commodore Amiga options as well, but these cores are not in this version.

I was thinking of just copying over the cores from the current Lakka for S905, but i suspect there is something more involved.

Anybody have experience with adding cores ?