Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Fixed the release, please let me know if it works for you guys.

Having the same issue with your build that I did when I compiled myself.

When booting, it sticks at the Sx05RE logo. I did some troubleshooting and think I have narrowed down my issue to commit 67fcda1 (Readd condition to kodi.service).

I am commenting out lines in autostart.sh (per your instructions) so that Kodi starts on boot instead of emulationstation. This method worked in v1.5 but no longer works in v1.6 without executing the following:

Code
    touch /var/lock/start.kodi 
    systemctl start kodi

As a temp workaround I created a copy of kodi.service in /storage/.config/system.d/kodi.service (in effect overriding /usr/lib/system.d/system/kodi.service) with the following line commented out:

Code
    ConditionPathExists=/var/lock/start.kodi

With that line commented out, Kodi now starts at boot as it did in v1.5.

2 more things I noticed after resolving the above issue:

1) The default audio device is set to "ALSA: Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog), PCM" which only produces static when playing. I can change to HDMI and then audio is back to normal. So this is only a minor inconvenience at most though this same setting in v1.5 did not produce static audio.

2) The skin/interface is noticeably darker than before but video playback appears normal.

I am using a Nexbox A95X installed to internal memory.

• Well I am an idiot, it seems I forgot to re-add the service that creates the start.kodi file. I pushed a fix for that and fixed the release.

Sorry about that and thanks for helping me find these errors!

As for the audio this also happens to me on Kszaq's build, I assumed it was my box. not something that bothers me though as once you change it sticks.

• niabi Indeed your SYSTEM image is too big. You might want to change compression method to gzip or xz, whichever fits 512MB.

Edit: I noticed that you changed the size some days ago. This is generally not a good idea, users cannot upgrade after size change. Using a different compression may help you keep the size below 512MB.

kszaq, can you help niabi fix the CVBS output under ES and Lakka for his build? The CVBS outputof niabi's build is OK under KODI, but doesn't work properly under ES and Lakka. Since his box is without CVBS output, he can not fix it. We talked about it on github, however, I can't help him since I'm a Linux noob. You can see the issue here: How can I change the resolution for ES and Retroarch? · Issue #42 · shantigilbert/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub. Thanks in advance.

• Well I am an idiot, it seems I forgot to re-add the service that creates the start.kodi file. I pushed a fix for that and fixed the release.

Sorry about that and thanks for helping me find these errors!

As for the audio this also happens to me on Kszaq's build, I assumed it was my box. not something that bothers me though as once you change it sticks.

Alright...looks like I am going to stick with the 1.6 upgrade now.

It now boots fully into Kodi without manual workaround.

One time audio work around is no big deal.

The dark GUI issue goes away after playing a video (same as kszaq's build).

I was skeptical about the comic theme for ES, but I must say that I ended up really liking it a lot.

Great job!

• I did not remove anything (at least not on purpose), but I can double check. Has it always had drivers for the K-Series? or just recently?

• The Comic theme became my favorite really fast! it just looks very good on screen.

But if for some reason you want to change it, just copy your preferred theme to /storage/.emulationstation/themes

• As far as i did read just recently.

By the way, i made a test with the 8.0.2d build he published today. It is superb!

My K1Plus and my Wetek Play 2 are running perfectly with it.

Since this release both necessary DVB drivers for both devices are included.

TVHeadend and VDR are working flawlessly with it and the overall performance

but also stability until now is just perfect.

Maybe you could switch to this release in your next build. I guess a lot of people

would be very happy about.

• kszaq

Thank you for clarify this. But in @niabis release the K1Plus tuner

is defintely not detected in TVHeadend and VDR. So there is something

missing. Anyhow, must say it again. Your latest release is superb.

Thank you very much for all the hard work again!

• niabi + kszaq

Thank you both for your feedback. I used the matching device tree from kszaq.

But it doesn´t matter now. I am still using on my boxes the newest release from kszaq,

because it is more easier to keep both boxes on the same overall configuration.

I will wait for your next release, which is maybe also based then on the new kszaq image with both dvb drivers (K1Plus + WP2) inside.

• does anybody else have massive distortion on the gui sounds using this build?

doesn't happen on @kszaq's builds?

Matt

edit, seems to be all 2.0 audio, doesn't happen with DTS or DD?

Matt

• does anybody else have massive distortion on the gui sounds using this build?

doesn't happen on @kszaq's builds?

Matt

edit, seems to be all 2.0 audio, doesn't happen with DTS or DD?

Matt

see this comment:

1) The default audio device is set to "ALSA: Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog), PCM" which only produces static when playing. I can change to HDMI and then audio is back to normal. So this is only a minor inconvenience at most though this same setting in v1.5 did not produce static audio.