v7.95.1 BETA: Missing Bluetooth firmware for Kaby Lake NUCs (Intel Wireless-AC 8265)

• Hi,

Booting a NUC7i3BNH with LibreELEC v.7.95.1 BETA results in non-working Bluetooth, as the firmware is missing:

Downloading the firmware from kernel.org into /storage/.config/firmware/intel/ibt-12-16.* fixes the issue.

The firmware was added to the kernel in November 2016:
    kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git - Repository of firmware blobs for use with the Linux kernel

Any chance to get this firmware included in LibreELEC v8.0? Thanks..

• Noted, thanks. Please continue copying the firmware for now until we have a supportable solution (possibly LE 8.0.1)

Hi Milhouse, I just migrated my old NUC to a new NUC7i3BNK (Intel 8265) with LE 8.01 and I have the same issue on BT.

I guess the firmware was not included in 8.01, right? Should I copy it manually?

Thanks a lot.

Edited once, last by Axel Foley (April 10, 2017 at 6:08 PM).

• hey guys - apologies in advance - I'm a total LE noob. I put together a NUC based system and can't get BT to work. Running latest gen Kaby Lake i5 (Intel 8265 wireless chipset I believe) and LE 8.0.2 installed to the SSD. Downloaded and installed using the official tool. PLEASE HELP! I am able to to enable BT but see only wifi networks in the connections tab.