[SOLVED!] MX3 Air Mouse Remote no functioning

• All I can say, is this works 100%! Thanks so much for posting this, I really thought this remote was just going to gather dust on the side.

• Brilliant! Thank you very much! :D

• Wonder if this fix is required now, on the major 8.0 release?

ANSWER: Yes!

hey guys ive been a long time user of kodi on windows and had openelec for a while i want to use this in pie but am having issues getting this to function... i cd into the correct folder using ssh and then using the vi command i create the file named above and copy the list directly. i have the c120 controller but i can only assume its the same manufacturer because it comes up the same under the input and i am having the same issue where only the ok button and mouse function work

Figured it out i used the usb device command and changed the product id and vender stuff sorry guys and thank you for the good qwork its awesome

Edited once, last by goody1928 (April 4, 2017 at 12:56 AM).

• hey guys ive been a long time user of kodi on windows and had openelec for a while i want to use this in pie but am having issues getting this to function... i cd into the correct folder using ssh and then using the vi command i create the file named above and copy the list directly. i have the c120 controller but i can only assume its the same manufacturer because it comes up the same under the input and i am having the same issue where only the ok button and mouse function work

Figured it out i used the usb device command and changed the product id and vender stuff sorry guys and thank you for the good qwork its awesome

Hey there's no need to complicate things. Just make that file as described, on a PC. Then browse to \\IP OF YOUR PIE Eg: \\192.168.1.11

You'll see a config share there and you just copy the file over, reboot the Pi, job done.

• hoping for somebody's guidance here. :)

I have an MXQ Pro 4k android tv box S905 Amlogic doing a dual boot via SD card Libreelec 8, with Kodi 17.2 rc. Works fine including the factory remote. I also have a 2.4G Air mouse (worked ok under Kodi 17.1 pre Libreelec) that loses all controls when booting to Libreelec. Only the power button works.

I tried following the steps here to make this remote work again. I tried the instructions above by making a 'rule' file (51-these-are-not-joysticks-rm.rules) and dumped it inside udev.rules.d folder but still the remote won't work.

is there something i missed along the way?

thanks in advance!

Edited once, last by jaimsitecom (April 7, 2017 at 12:41 PM).

• Wonder if this fix is required now, on the major 8.0 release?

ANSWER: Yes!

So will this be actually fixed in a future release, or will every installation require tweaking?

I have a T5 remote/keyboard that works on all earlier versions of Kodi but falls flat on Krypton, I wonder if this will fix it's problem.

• Only one way to find out [emoji16]

Yes, I do need to play with the T5, But my question is: Do all users need to Kludge nearly every remote that worked (mostly) Out-of-box on previous versions?

I understand that Upgrading an OS often breaks things, but did something fundamental with peripherals break that should be addressed before release, or is a fix already in the pipeline?

• Guys,

I have the the air-mouse and I have tried all the above to no avail. Remote works nicely with mouse. Cursor moves and Okay button works but when turning that off, nothing works. No keyboard, arrow keys, back button never works, etc.

Running OSMC on KODI 17 on Raspberry Pi. I don't seem to have the directory /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/

Where should I put the file named "51-these-are-not-joysticks-rm.rules" ? I put it under /etc/dev/rules.d/ but still doesn't work. Copied appcommand.xml and mouse.xml under keymaps directory and that breaks all functionality.

I can't tell if when switching remote out of mouse or cursor mode if anything is being sent. I have test remote on windows machine and arrows and keyboard work fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Is that because you're running OSMC and not Libreelec? Dunno if that folder exists under a different guise somewhere else, maybe?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by sharpey (April 11, 2017 at 10:15 PM).

• Is that because you're running OSMC and not Libreelec? Dunno if that folder exists under a different guise somewhere else, maybe?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I dunno either and am hoping someone can help. I did put appcommand.xml and mouse.xml under keymaps directory as well but still nothing.

Anyone hav other suggestions?

Thanks.

• On Libreelec 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1 I need to copy 51-these-are-not-joysticks.rules instead of 51-these-are-not-joysticks-rm.rules

It seems there are several versions of the same remote

I went to GitHub - denilsonsa/udev-joystick-blacklist: Fix for keyboard/mouse/tablet being detected as joystick in Linux and downloaded both files.

I copied both on /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/ in my Raspberry 2.0 within ssh and rebooted it, and all was perfect.

If your remote it's very new the idVendor and the idProduct should not be on the previous files.

You can check the codes for your remote connecting with SSH to your Raspberry and running the command usb-devices

You should look for devices with driver=usbhid

On my Raspberry I got this:

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=03 Cnt=02 Dev#= 4 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
    D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
    P: Vendor=1d57 ProdID=ad03 Rev=02.00
    S: Manufacturer=FREEWAY TECHNOLOGY
    C: #Ifs= 4 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=100mA
    I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=01(audio) Sub=01 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audio
    I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=01(audio) Sub=02 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audio
    I: If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=usbhid
    I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usbhid

That's why I discovered the ATTRS{idVendor}=="1d57", ATTRS{idProduct}=="ad03" doesn't worked for my, and how I got to the url I pasted before.

Thanks for the info, and I wait next people with the same problem get it's remote working too ;)

• Hi NetVicious I was looking and I see the link you say, this work for my T3 buy in Aliexpress, but not work te button with two windows up to the cursor keys in the rigth.

Do you work this button?

Is possible map that button and the button Enter to do other functions?

I tried to see the scancodes with command getscandodes but the screen not shown any code or similar so I find this:

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop eventlircd
    evtest /dev/input/event0

You can change for the T3 evtest /dev/input/event0 for evtest /dev/input/event1 for test the air mouse or evtest /dev/input/event2 for key specials like explorer, mail and others.

Then you can map the keys yo can see this link HOW-TO:Modify keymaps - Official Kodi Wiki

After you can restar the services:

Code
    systemctl start eventlircd
    systemctl start kodi
    evtest /dev/input/event0

I see the any blue keys not send any scancode if airmouse is disabled, this can be changed to assign other function?

Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by javierc: Find solution to the problem and change the question (December 10, 2017 at 6:51 PM).