Amlogic specs to look for

• The guidelines always change and the branded boxes are twice the price of the clones with the same specs. Instead of telling us what particular box we should get and assuming we are running LE, what should we look for in an am logic box? Ex:

Processor: S905 Amlogic processor (best support?)
    GPU: Octo-Core Mali-450Mali 450
    Ram: 2GB
    Wifi / BT Chip: Broadcom 4335 Wifi or clone of

Etc.

Thanks!

• Read #1

Read my reply #22

And this thread you started is the same subject as the link i gave you.

• Processor: S905 Amlogic processor (best support?)

Looks pretty reasonable. I wouldn't discount s905x as an option either.

I understand that some people just NEED to use wifi for whatever reason, but until they start supporting wireless-ac I don't even factor it in. If at all possible you really, really want a wired connection for any Kodi box. If I really had to do wifi I think I would just repurpose an old router and use it in Client Mode despite the little bit of overhead.

As far as bluetooth goes I also pay no attention. I got really tired of struggling with BT on previous boxes I had. I ended up getting 4 nano size BT adapters off ebay for 99 cents each. They work flawlessly and its now something I don't have to worry about.

• The only reason I listed the S905 instead of S905X is it seems faster than the 905X in benchmarks. Mind you the point is moot seeing as the we can't get new 905 boxes, they all moved to 905X.

So here is the revised list:

Processor: S905X Amlogic processor 2.0 GHz
    Additional ram: 8GB or more

So far this one seems to fit the bill in Canada: ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1486012724&sr=8-27&keywords=s905x 2gb

Has dual band WiFi but more importantly, 1000mb LAN! Hope the chips are supported, will order soon.

Edited once, last by Skripo (February 2, 2017 at 5:28 AM).

• Well its from Amazon.ca so easy to return if not.

Should look at the actual pics.

100MB.

NO 905X chip has 1000MB net. Not in the chip, won't have it, and no box manufacturer is going to go through the trouble of adding a whole networking chip/stack/etc to a board just to add it.

905X is if you need 10bit HDR 4K,

otherwise 905 is nicer for 1000mb net.

• Odroids have a great support from a manufacturer and good (albeit not that big) community around it. It's a bit DIY platform but once you get it to work, it's a really nice device.

• So I got the box and installed kszqs latest Krypton build and everything works perfect.

Wifi is AC but I am not sure how to confirm network hardware speed.

In any case I will buy a couple more.

Edited once, last by vpeter (February 10, 2017 at 8:29 AM).

• So I got the box and installed kszqs latest Krypton build and everything works perfect.

You might want to stop quoting your own quotes with the same oversized image again and again.
    It's ridiculous and just takes up more pages for no reason.

• You might want to stop quoting your own quotes with the same oversized image again and again.
    It's ridiculous and just takes up more pages for no reason.

I never put up that image and I was working from my phone so I didn't see the final result when I quoted. I will be sure to be more diligent the next time around.

• Just a quick note to let you know that I just installed kszaq's build and everything works out of the box, even bluetooth! WiFi radio chip is AP6255.

Going to get a few of them.

what exact box did you purchase? I'm looking to purchase a few boxes and usually get MXQ Pro's but from recent experience some are a mixed bag and aren't always compatible.

• Link on post #4, pics on #8

So
    Kekilo TX95 TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 6.0 Marshmallow Quad Core 2GB/16GB 3D 4K HD Bluetooth Dual WiFi H.265 Google Smart TV Box

Awesome , let us know if you get any that have issues after flashing like no wifi etc . Just in case the manufacturer uses a mixed bag of components like MXQ's
    I'm in Toronto so I'm looking for cheap locations to grab these because I usually get the MXQs for $40 CAD locally