tvheadend, ATSC and epg...

• I turned off the OTA grabbers. Didn't have any effect.

The grab occurs according to the log and then nothing.

I guess I will look into moving to 4.2 if I can get the web interface to work.

• I've has issues when installing versions in the past where I couldn't get into the web interface. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall the tvheadend addons...and make sure to delete the userdata files as well. When you uninstall through kodi - it doesn't delete your settings...so you have to do that manually to get a clean install.

Definitely check the epg source list for multiple versions of the same channel first. If there are more than one - select all the versions that have the correct channel number/name. You only need the one that is the "right" one - but it's easiest to select them all for now and see if that gets things working.

• I've has issues when installing versions in the past where I couldn't get into the web interface. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall the tvheadend addons...and make sure to delete the userdata files as well. When you uninstall through kodi - it doesn't delete your settings...so you have to do that manually to get a clean install.

Definitely check the epg source list for multiple versions of the same channel first. If there are more than one - select all the versions that have the correct channel number/name. You only need the one that is the "right" one - but it's easiest to select them all for now and see if that gets things working.

How do you delete them manually?

• First - uninstall the addon. In this case just tvheadend...you won't need to delete zap2xml.

Then from windows explorer (the program that looks like a folder icon) Navigate to your network and find your librelec system. Here is a screengrab for reference:

Dropbox - Screengrab network.jpg

Then make your way to the \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data folder and delete any tvheadend folders. You may have a 4.0 and a 4.2

Then reboot the system...reinstall the tvheadend addon and then you'll have to setup tvheadend again including scanning your muxes...turning off the other grabbers and connecting the zap2xml epg source to the channels.

A little time consuming - but the only way to get a "clean" install. You should only see your favorites in the epg source channel list if zap2xml is setup right with your account.

One more thing - if you want before you do all of this - just navigate to the same folder - and look for the channel folder in tvheadend...then delete the files in that folder - reboot and see if it cleans the list under epg source.

• I know it doesn't show in this thread, but, I'm pretty computer savvy.

I can't seem to get 4.0 working. The video that was put together used 4.0. However, it was on an android box. Just perhaps there is a difference there.

For the life of me I can't access 4.2 through the web interface so that is a no go.

Where did you get the tvheadend 4.2 build that you linked through dropbox? I know you said that was the original LE version.

Edited once, last by ekincaid (August 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM).

• ok - seems strange. Let's confirm a few things...

First - you are running a raspberry pi 3 and libreelec 7.0.2?

You have been able to run and web access tvheadend addon 4.0 but not 4.2 from the LE repository?

What happened when you deleted all the files in the \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42\channel folder? (likely the 4.0 folder instead)

You have tried uninstalling all versions of the tvheadend addon and then through another computer deleted all tvheadend folders in the \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data folder?

One thing we can check is what is getting downloaded...it seems from the log that zap2xml is running and pulling data. From your windows computer, go to the following folder \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\tools.module.zap2xml

You should see an xmltv.xml file there - open it (it's just a text document so use wordpad) and see if there is program listing in there. The program info will start after the channel listing data, which will be the first set of lines. A program listing will look something like this:

If that info is not in the xmltv file - then we can target zap2xml. Otherwise we are targeting a tvheadend issue.

The tvheadend versions I have are from CVH's builds. Here is the last version of 4.2 that contained the working list of muxes:

Dropbox - service.tvheadend42-7.0.101-1928.zip

You try uninstalling all versions of tvh, deleting the tvh folders in the userdata folder, reboot and then install this addon. If you install and can't access the web interface let me know and we can target that issue.

• I will do as you ask and make sure all folders are deleted and reinstall. Hopefully that will get me there. I really appreciate the time you have taken to help me out with this.

Edited once, last by ekincaid (August 5, 2016 at 8:11 PM).

• No worries - your xmltv.xml file looks great! That means you're getting the data downloaded for the channels you setup on tvguide as favorites.

That means we just need to figure out why tvheadend is not connecting the channel to the epg source data.

If you're now running 7.90.003 that should be a completely clean install of everything (including zap2xml) - unless you did it as an upgrade from the version of 7.0.2 that you were running. Either way - we can walk through the process. Let's work off of 4.2 as it has some better options for forcing the internal grabber to run. If you need to manually enter the muxes (because the predefined list is missing) I'll explain how to do that when you get back to the machine.

Happy to help - it's my goal to get to a point where an affordable dvr is just easy to get running. Unfortunately, most of the people who work on all the software are in Europe - so our messed up US ATSC stuff doesn't get a lot of love. One day the US will get a better OTA tv system...but likely not for awhile!

• OK...

Pulled the sdcard and loaded a fresh install of LE 7.90.003

Installed the last version of 4.2 that contained the working list of muxes:from the link you provided and installed the update
    The web interface will not work.

I'm going to uninstall and clean it up and install 4.2 from the repo.

I will then need some guidance on installing the muxes manually....

• The versions of tvheadend that I uploaded are only for 7.0-7.02 they don't work on the alpha 7.90 builds. For that - just install from the repository. I'll post the muxes settings in a couple of minutes.
    [hr]
    To setup the muxes manually - you need to go to the CONFIGURATION/DVB INPUTS/MUXES tab. This is after you have setup the ATSC network and enabled your TVADAPTER for the ATSC network. Don't worry that you don't have any muxes yet when you create the ATSC network - we'll do that next.

From the MUXES tab, click add - in the popup window select your ATSC network.

The only field you need to change is the frequency line. For each main digital channel you will create a mux. Below I have included a list of all the transmitting stations in your area. I apologize - some of the formatting might be messy in the list. You may not be able to receive them all - but you can start with the channels you know you can receive. So in the list below, you'll see that WUNC channel 4 transmits 4 channels (4.1 4.2 4.3 and 4.4) on digital main channel 25. don't worry about all the . channels. In the second list I have below you'll find the digital transmission channel number, and then the Khz of that frequency. So for digital channel 25 the frequency is 545 Khz.

Raleigh Stations.txt

ATSC frequncies.txt

Now back to our tvheadend mux setup. To setup the mux for digital channel 25 - in the frequency field you'll enter the Khz value but converted to Mhz - so 545 should be entered as 545028000 -- don't ask where the 028 comes from :) basically just add 028000 to the end of the Khz number.

Once you enter that - save it and it will scan the channel in the background and find the services (which you will setup as the channels)

Repeat this step for each of the digital channels you want to receive and then you'll have all your muxes. Based on your xmltv file you'll setup 7 muxes and the system will then find 19 services that you will map to channels.

This should get you started...once you have channels setup - we'll connect again to see if we can get the guide data in! Good luck!!

Edited once, last by edit4ever (August 5, 2016 at 10:59 PM).

• I apologize - in copying and pasting the frequencies - I moved the numbers in the wrong direction. All the Khz numbers on the list should be 6 lower then what I sent you. My mistake.

Here's an updated list:

Sorry about that!

Not a problem. I probably deserve it.

Going to quit for a while and watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony with the family.

I'll let you know what happens.

• Pretty sure I got everything setup and still nothing in the Electronic Program Guide.

I cleared everything before installing 4.2 from the repo.

The grab is being performed and it is populated.

Here are the three epg screen grabs ....

Dropbox - epg1.png
    Dropbox - epg2.png
    Dropbox - epg3.png
    [hr]
    I just rebooted and I have one program showing in the Guide. Nothing else though... at least it's progress.

Edited once, last by ekincaid (August 6, 2016 at 4:07 AM).