tvheadend, ATSC and epg...

• Thank you for that information, I just sent a note to zap2it, hope they will fix this. Because of this is not only cinemax, i need some more SD channels those doesn't have HD.

• Hi edit4ever

Could you please check my setting for Cron addon if it's right? I am not a coder, just following your instructions and the WIKI:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<cron>

<job addon="service.cronxbmc" command="RunScript(Special://home/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py[,args]*])" expression="0 0 * * *" name="zap2epg" show_notification="true"/>

</cron>

Thank you very much

• How often do you want to update? If you want twice a day at 00:21 and 12:21...you would write like this:

Code
    <job addon="service.cronxbmc" command="RunScript(Special://home/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py)" expression="21 */12 * * *" name="zap2epg" show_notification="true"/>
  • yes - if you mean midnight. In your command line, you don't need the [,args]*] part is that is just a reference to the optional arguments - which in this case, zap2epg doesn't have any.

• Cron notice to run command="RunScript(Special://home/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py) but nothing happen.

I replace it by command="ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://script.module.zap2epg/run",return)" it runs normally.

Do you have any idea about this?

I want to upload xmltv.xml to FTP after zap2epg, can you help?

• sorry - that will be beyond my LE knowledge. Why ftp vs local network? If you're trying to access xmltv.xml from a different system (not locally) just install zap2epg on that system.

And by nothing happens - do you mean you don't see anything on the screen or the xmltv.xml file does not get generated?

• Cron just notice: zap2epg is executing, but nothing run, xmltv.xml is not generated.

but with command="ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://script.module.zap2epg/run",return)", the script run with the spin about 5 minutes, at this time I can't do any task on the box.

• You should not need to run the addon - just the zap2epg.py script.

I am not familiar with the cron addon you're using - so you may need to create a new post thread with a question about running a script from cron. Sorry - my original intention for the addon was to be used with tvheadend.

• Miker You have a permission issue when trying to run the zap2epg script manually from the addon folder. Since LE doesn't give you write permission in that folder - you can't generate the log and xmltv.xml files from there. This is handled by the addon when running from within kodi and handled by the grabber for tvh.

In your case - copy the zap2epg.py file to the script.module.zap2epg userdata folder and run from there. That way you can use the kodi interface to configure the zap2epg addon - and then manually run it from userdata folder with the command below.

Code
    command="RunScript(/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py)

In case you don't know how to access the .kodi/addon folder - just download the zip from github, extract the zap2epg.py file and then you can copy to the userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2epg folder over samba.

• Any idea why whenever I try and choose channel lineup in the addon I get an error? I'm running your latest version on Kodi 17.6 with TVH disabled and am just pulling the DirecTV lineup for my zip code. It pulls the data just fine, but having it pull for all 900 or so channels is way more than I need so it would be nice to be able to choose which channels.

• If you installed 0.7.2 - please re-select your location first. There was a change in digital cable and satellite lineups on the website that messed with the headend info. Then you should be able to reconfigure your channels in the addon.

Let me know if that solves the issue.

• Still no luck. I even tried uninstalling the addon, deleting the userdata folder, and reinstalling 0.7.2.