LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile build for Odroid C2, Rock64, WeTek Hub, WeTek Play2

• Unless you want to intentionally break internal tuner support and connect superior USB Dual Tuner DVB's to the Play2.

I can look at a standard 64bit media_build for the WeTek Hub. Now we have the 64bit memory allocation problem fixed. This would then be compatible with the official 64bit LibreELEC Hub builds, so users can flip between them easily if they wish.

You are not right. Internal tuner support is possible move to media_build to avoid build conflict. I already done it for KI Plus.

• You are not right. Internal tuner support is possible move to media_build to avoid build conflict. I already done it for KI Plus.

Wetek internal tuner drivers a closed source and prebuilt there is nothing to move for me.

• Wetek internal tuner drivers a closed source and prebuilt there is nothing to move for me.

This is a big disadvantage for Wetek Play 2 comparing to KI Plus / KII Pro as I am able build multi tuner device.

Edited once, last by afl1 (February 9, 2017 at 5:52 PM).

• Still seeing lots of freezes in the beginning this clip running beta-3 on my C2, particularly in the motion-heavy scene with the bats and the transition to the kids running. I can play the same video back in VLC on my Mac smoothly. I was hoping that the 23.976fps playback fix would address this, but it hasn't.

Full log is here: batman-begins.log
    Trimmed down sample is here: Batman Begins-trim.mkv

The whole clip is only around 20 seconds. There's a lot of debug in the log during playback, but I don't see any obvious errors. It does look like the framerate drops quite a bit during the motion-heavy sequences - like down to 12-13fps - and then comes back to ~24 afterward. Does the C2 just lack the horsepower to decode this?

Rob

• The whole clip is only around 20 seconds. There's a lot of debug in the log during playback, but I don't see any obvious errors. It does look like the framerate drops quite a bit during the motion-heavy sequences - like down to 12-13fps - and then comes back to ~24 afterward. Does the C2 just lack the horsepower to decode this?

I remuxed that Batman test clip into a .mp4 container (same Video Bitrate & Audio) using the iFFmpeg App on my iMAC and it then plays smoothly with Krypton on the C2.

So the C2 is definitely not lacking in Horsepower to do the job and more to do with either the VC-1 clip itself, container used, or the current AML VC-1 decoder implementation.

Edited once, last by wrxtasy (February 14, 2017 at 6:49 AM).

• Ok... now i figuered, that the massive lag from my post thread-4248-post-32241.html#pid32241 was a wrong ip address in my sources.xml :rolleyes: took me three days to figure this out...

A new question: i changed from the new LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.95.3.img.gz 64 image like you told in your 1st note to 32bit.
    Now i`ve got the problem, that i don`t know which repo to use for binary addons. I guess the update info i am getting is always for 64bit, because i get the following error for inputstream addon:

Log entry:

Code
    ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.1.0.7, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.1.0.7: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Linux itself tells me its an 64bit arch:

Code
    odroid:~/.kodi/cdm # uname -a
    Linux odroid 3.14.29 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 11 12:03:51 CET 2017 aarch64 GNU/Linux

But the correct libwidevinecdm is installed:

Code
    odroid:~ # sh /tmp/getwidevine.sh
    Detected ARCH: arm
    Download directory: /storage/.kodi/cdm
    Downloading: libwidevinecdm.so for arm...
    ######################################################################## 100.0%

Successfully installed libwidevinecdm.so!

My Repo`s are:

Code
    Kodi Add-on repository (Team Kodi -2.5.8)
    Kodi game add-on repository (alpha) (Team Kodi -1.0.0)
    Kodinerds Add-ons (Kodinerds.net -8.1.102.102)
    LibreELEC Add-ons (Team LibreELEC - 8.1.0)
    Sandmann79s Repository (Sandmann79 - 1.0.2)

Which one is to delete and which one is to install ?

Edited once, last by SPo (February 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM).

• I remuxed that Batman test clip into a .mp4 container (same Video Bitrate & Audio) using the iFFmpeg App on my iMAC and it then plays smoothly with Krypton on the C2.

So the C2 is definitely not lacking in Horsepower to do the job and more to do with either the VC-1 clip itself, container used, or the current AML VC-1 decoder implementation.

Okay, thanks for checking it out. It came straight off of the Blu Ray like that from MakeMKV, so I'll try to re-rip with the latest version and see if it gets better.

• i`ve got the problem, that i don`t know which repo to use for binary addons. I guess the update info i am getting is always for 64bit, because i get the following error for inputstream addon:

Log entry:

Code
    ERROR: Unable to load /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.1.0.7, reason: /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/inputstream.adaptive.so.1.0.7: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I have a Script to works equally for 32bit to 64bit and back down to 32bit again.

It nukes ALL Addons to prevent these Binary incompatibility issues.

So I do not have to repeat myself, just follow instructions over on the C2 forums:
    ODROID Forum • View topic - Krypton 32bit to 64bit upgrade instructions.

You may have to go into Addons > MyAddons > Press left and check for updates when doing the 32bit <-->64bit switch.
    [hr]

Okay, thanks for checking it out. It came straight off of the Blu Ray like that from MakeMKV, so I'll try to re-rip with the latest version and see if it gets better.

Interestingly my latest LE 7.1.3 Jarvis that now includes the recent AML VC-1 & mpeg4 Video - Kernel updates plays back that Batman test clip.mkv perfectly.
    The old AML Kodi Jarvis uses bypass rendering compared to Kodi Krypton which now decodes and does its timing and rendering via a different route.

Edited once, last by wrxtasy (February 15, 2017 at 5:22 AM).

• rb-krypton1 released.
    Release rb-krypton1 · Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    -Based on recent LE master
    -Bumped Kodi to post Krypton final commits (17.1RC)
    -Rebrand Repo. No more LibreELEC addon repository. It was
    confusing and people might think it is official while in
    reality it was always build by me.
    Users that still use my older builds need to install the repo from zip:

Release 8.1.1 · Raybuntu/rb-addons · GitHub

These are still Addons build from LE master for arm just the name and location changed. I will no longer use LE community server and I'll remove all builds and addons from it.
    From now on I'll release on github. Fast servers and unlimited storage.

• Seems Lirc isn't working on Odroid-C2 with rb-leia1a build, even though it was enable by default. Plug the SD card with rb-krypton1 build, my Microsoft MCE remote works right away.

Quite possible. I didn't test it that much. It's pre alpha quality.