Posts by rccoleman

I remuxed that Batman test clip into a .mp4 container (same Video Bitrate & Audio) using the iFFmpeg App on my iMAC and it then plays smoothly with Krypton on the C2.

So the C2 is definitely not lacking in Horsepower to do the job and more to do with either the VC-1 clip itself, container used, or the current AML VC-1 decoder implementation.

Okay, thanks for checking it out. It came straight off of the Blu Ray like that from MakeMKV, so I'll try to re-rip with the latest version and see if it gets better.

Still seeing lots of freezes in the beginning this clip running beta-3 on my C2, particularly in the motion-heavy scene with the bats and the transition to the kids running. I can play the same video back in VLC on my Mac smoothly. I was hoping that the 23.976fps playback fix would address this, but it hasn't.

Full log is here: batman-begins.log
    Trimmed down sample is here: Batman Begins-trim.mkv

The whole clip is only around 20 seconds. There's a lot of debug in the log during playback, but I don't see any obvious errors. It does look like the framerate drops quite a bit during the motion-heavy sequences - like down to 12-13fps - and then comes back to ~24 afterward. Does the C2 just lack the horsepower to decode this?

Rob

Running the 7.95.3 beta on my C2, this build looks great for most of the test files that I use, including the complex rain scene in the beginning of the 1408 BluRay. That's been a killer for a while, and just cleared up in the last few builds. I'm still seeing some jerkiness in the beginning of Batman Begins, particularly in the motion-heavy scene with the bats and the transition to the kids running. I've tried lots of different settings, including changing the TV frame rate (sample is 23.976), syncing the playback to the display, playing back locally vs. from my NAS, creating a new, empty profile, but all result in jerkiness in the same spots. I can play the same video back in VLC on my Mac smoothly. Is this still an artifact of the 23.976fps playback issues from the earlier versions? It's so close to flawlessly playing my entire library.

Full log is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/761 ... begins.log
    Trimmed down sample is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/761 ... s-trim.mkv

The whole clip is only around 20 seconds. Does anyone else see the periodic stuttering?

Rob