Libreelec on NUC 7

• 4k 8bit hevc should work without any issues. But HD Audio doesn't work at all. Intel has to fix it in his driver. So you can only get Dolby Digital and DTS.

thats not strictly true, HD audio does work for LPCM just not for bitstream.

Edited once, last by binhex (August 16, 2017 at 10:09 AM).

• HD-Audio via PCM is fine until it comes to DolbyAtmos or DTS:x. The latter can´t be decoded yet.

Beside that, HD-audio via PCM is pretty fine as you won´t hear any difference.

But what does not work for the moment is passthrough/biststreaming. That´s still a bug Intel has to fix. Nothing wrong on our or Kodis side.

• I've Gigabyte Brix GB-BKi7A-7500. Kaby Lake, Intel® Core™ i7-7500U and Intel® HD Graphics 620.

I tried the latest LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.1.0 BETA and I could play all my files. HDR-metadata is not being sent to the TV, but 10 bit HEVC UHD clips plays very smoothly.

However, I can not select 50 Hz or 59,97 Hz (which I can when using Windows 10 and Kodi). Not sure why? I've some interlaced Blu-rays and want to be able to use these modes together with auto-switching refresh rate.

Is there anyway to enable these modes?

• However, I can not select 50 Hz or 59,97 Hz (which I can when using Windows 10 and Kodi). Not sure why?

i too have an issue with my Intel NUC7i5BNH, i can now playback 10 bit HEVC and it uses the GPU for decoding (awesome work guys!), but im not able to select a refresh rate higher than 30hz when the resolution is set to 3840 × 2160, i know the NUC is capable of 4k at 60hz output, the cable i have is high speed hdmi, and my TV is capable of running 4k at 60hz (Samsung UE49KS8000) what am i missing? anybody got this working?.

edit - and just to make things simple, right now the NUC is plugged directly into the TV, so no passthrough via audio equipment.

solved:- Getting 4k resolution at 60hz on Intel NUC 7th Gen

Edited once, last by binhex (August 22, 2017 at 1:10 PM).