DVB issue since LE switched to kernel 4.9.x

  • Anymore hints? Otherwise I'll try to reinstall everything... And maybe switch to LE9


    In that case I would test whether the situation is improved in the LE9 millhouse builds.


    I have two MyGica T230 sticks too which work just fine for me under LE 8.2.3 on my Generic machine, though I use DVB-T2 rather than DVB-C which could be the difference.


    Presumably, you've only enabled DVB-C in the TVHeadend adapter settings and have not enabled DVB-T?

  • In that case I would test whether the situation is improved in the LE9 millhouse builds.


    I have two MyGica T230 sticks too which work just fine for me under LE 8.2.3 on my Generic machine, though I use DVB-T2 rather than DVB-C which could be the difference.


    Presumably, you've only enabled DVB-C in the TVHeadend adapter settings and have not enabled DVB-T?

    Yes - I only use the DVB-C tuner in TVHeadend. I lightly overclocked the RPi3 now and seem to get less freezes - but still once in 10-20 minutes, where picture and video freezes for a few seconds.


    Which logfile could I post here to possible get some hints in the right direction here? Maybe the service.log from the tvheadend-folder?


    Thanks!

  • I'm on 8.2.5 here and still have problems, although it's different now - either the channels will play fine with no issues (no green gunge like before), or not at all and throw constant "Continuity counter" errors. It appears to be channels on certain muxes that are less reliable than others, e.g. 10847V on 28.2 °E - but for some reason if I tune to some other mux (e.g. 10773H) then back to the unreliable one it is much more likely to work. It seems somewhat consistent with changing between polarisation, but I'm not sure if that's just coincidental.


    I'm on an RPi3 with a DVBSky S960 (reported as Montage Technology M88DS3103 in tvheadend).

  • I still have continuity errors on Rpi2 and DVBSky S960, on 8.2.5 or latest 9 build.

    What would you recommend?

  • Kernel issue that was causing DVB stream corruption was fixed months ago.

    DVBsky devices do have an unresolved issue with new kernels as described in this thread but this has nothing to do with continuity errors in tvh.


    What would you recommend?

    Did it ever work without errors? Check if you have a good signal. Try a clean LE installation without any unnecessary addons. Make sure that there are no background processes that could interfere with the DVB stream.

  • Thanks. I thought so that continuity errors were resolved. Still, I get them. Will try a clean install, maybe that can be the problem.

    I did see the new issue on another device when scanning sat, time out on no signal lock. :(

  • Hi community,

    Have a problem (since when exactly, I really don‘t know).

    I‘m using TV Moscai as PVR backend. The TV Mosaic server runs on a Windows Server machine

    LibreElec run‘s on a small Intel Unit

    I‘m using the milhouse-builds and doing updates quite regular (current running the build 1102)

    I‘ve the artefacts on some TV channels, on some not (eg ORF1 has no problems, PRO 7 shows the artefacts)

    When showing live tv on an ipad with the tv mosaic app, the colors look regular and there are no artefacts


    Since I found no other thread, i posted my question here. Maybe someon could lead me to a solution, that would be great!


    Thx, —muehlberger