S802 devices

• Running the s82 version on a beelink M7b and it looks very good from first impressions. I'd previously been running a custom ROM for MXiii 2gb as the box is apparantly the same inside the case.

I'm a librelec convert via the MXQ S805 builds but this has renewed my interest in the S802 box (I have 3 rooms with boxes in them). Thank you so much for your work on this.

• On the index page for M8 s802, there three files, a :img : tar : zip. Going from OpenElec to LibreElec can one put the tar in the update folder and reboot? Also unzipping the zip there are two files; the factory and the upgrade did not see the recovery.img, is this not needed to be able to use the toothpick SDCard method to flash?

• On the index page for M8 s802, there three files, a :img : tar : zip. Going from OpenElec to LibreElec can one put the tar in the update folder and reboot? Also unzipping the zip there are two files; the factory and the upgrade did not see the recovery.img, is this not needed to be able to use the toothpick SDCard method to flash?

It depends ... If you have installed a recent build of OpenELEC you can put the tar in the update folder.
    But i think it is generally advisable to start with a full install. So unzip the zip file to the root of an sdcard and start the device with the toothpic method, LibreELEC is then installed to the NAND of the device.
    [hr]

Hi there,

I own an Orbsmart S82, which is identically to Tronsmart Vega S89 or Beelink S82. I would like to bring Libreelec to it. But I don't have much experience in building device projects for OE/LE. But with some help from the community (and some lessons in building a device project) I am sure that we could work that out. Is there some interest in supporting S802 devices? I would contribute it to LE if we get it to work.

Cheers
    drieschel

Hi Drieschel!

I registered to say Thank You for this great release! I also have an Orbsmart S82 and installed the 7.0.2-2-devel.zip. Everything works except the few things you mentioned in your release post!

During the configuration of the WLAN the device rebooted one or two times, but it finally did what it should. So I'm not sure whether there is a small problem or not...

But here is an issue:
    UPNP isn't working properly. As a client it doesn't recognize UPNP/DLNA servers in the local network.
    I stumbled on it, when trying to add a music source from a "upnp device". Even giving the upnp-ID explicitly does not solve it - the server is still not seen by the S82 device.

I use 2 other clients in my network (Kodi 17alpha on Windows, Kodi 16.1 on Android), both do recognize the server. That's why I think it's not a Kodi issue.
    It is probably an issue in the LibreELEC build.

Edited once, last by meonS82 (August 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM).

• meonS82
    Thanks for the reply; I did both methods, and both give the same. Splash screen "LibreElec" loaded then boot with half of the screen was black outed, with the other half black & white vertical lines.

Reflash OE 6.0, load the "LE .tar" in the update folder, reboot, same result.

Boot into recovery mode, wipe the cache, then reload with toothpick same again.

My unit is square M8 s802 Amlogic with the k200b original firmware.

Still trying to figure this out.

• I don't have a solution for you...
    If I remember that right, the round M8 is almost the same hardware as Orbsmart S82, Tronsmart S89, Beelink S82 ... but isn't the square M8 a different one? Maybe the build is incompatible with that device?

Edited once, last by meonS82 (August 13, 2016 at 7:34 AM).

• I just flash m8 square with 7.2-2. Everything went well. But tried to restore from a custom build onjarvis LE after reboot it just stay stuck LE screen.
    So I reflashed it again when I try to add video add on it will freeze. Any idea why it's doing it??

• During the configuration of the WLAN the device rebooted one or two times, but it finally did what it should. So I'm not sure whether there is a small problem or not...

Didn't have this problem with my Orbsmart S82.

But here is an issue:
    UPNP isn't working properly. As a client it doesn't recognize UPNP/DLNA servers in the local network.
    I stumbled on it, when trying to add a music source from a "upnp device". Even giving the upnp-ID explicitly does not solve it - the server is still not seen by the S82 device.

I use 2 other clients in my network (Kodi 17alpha on Windows, Kodi 16.1 on Android), both do recognize the server. That's why I think it's not a Kodi issue.
    It is probably an issue in the LibreELEC build.

Will check this.

meonS82
    Thanks for the reply; I did both methods, and both give the same. Splash screen "LibreElec" loaded then boot with half of the screen was black outed, with the other half black & white vertical lines.

Reflash OE 6.0, load the "LE .tar" in the update folder, reboot, same result.

Boot into recovery mode, wipe the cache, then reload with toothpick same again.

My unit is square M8 s802 Amlogic with the k200b original firmware.

Still trying to figure this out.

Did you try flashing it in recovery mode instead of updating OE?

I just flash m8 square with 7.2-2. Everything went well. But tried to restore from a custom build onjarvis LE after reboot it just stay stuck LE screen.
    So I reflashed it again when I try to add video add on it will freeze. Any idea why it's doing it??

Is your box connected to the internet?

Edited once, last by drieschel (August 13, 2016 at 8:20 PM).

• Yep, did it in recovery mode, and also tried update folder in OE. Tried on two SQ M8, same result. Both have OE 6.0.0.

Still loss.

Can you please tell me - step by step - how did you tried to flash the box in recovery mode?

• Can you please tell me - step by step - how did you tried to flash the box in recovery mode?

I downloaded the FW 7.0.2.2, unzip, place the two files on SDCard. With OE on unit, Boot unit without SDCard while holding down reset button, enter recovery. wipe cache, wipe data, apply update from EXT select. Choose update from SDCard, select ...... 7.0-devel-update.zip, got image installed successfully. Reboot.

Got LibreELEC splash screen, after a few seconds screen flicker and vercital black & white lines, reboot same.

Tried also:

Reload Android, go to settings, other, system update, check wipe media, wipe data. Select file, unit rebooted, file loaded, reboot, LibreELEC splash screen, few seconds, same lines.

• drieschel, congrats for the build!

I have a M9&M8_V0.92, M8 square, and flashed with your LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel.zip and its working greate. Just the IR is not working, im tryied to use Key Editor to reconfigure teh remote but there is no response. Theres a way to patch it?

thanks!

Did you try using a different remote.conf? Try this one. You only need to copy it into the config ("/storage/.config" over ssh or "Configfiles" over smb) folder on the box.

I downloaded the FW 7.0.2.2, unzip, place the two files on SDCard. With OE on unit, Boot unit without SDCard while holding down reset button, enter recovery. wipe cache, wipe data, apply update from EXT select. Choose update from SDCard, select ...... 7.0-devel-update.zip, got image installed successfully. Reboot.

Got LibreELEC splash screen, after a few seconds screen flicker and vercital black & white lines, reboot same.

Tried also:

Reload Android, go to settings, other, system update, check wipe media, wipe data. Select file, unit rebooted, file loaded, reboot, LibreELEC splash screen, few seconds, same lines.

Does your box have 1GB or 2GB RAM?

• It has 2GB DDR3 Ram, and 8GB flash memory. Yep unplugged, replugged. Still same.

Also I downloaded the .img.gz unzip, but the img file failed to load in Amlogic USB_Burning tool.

• It has 2GB DDR3 Ram, and 8GB flash memory.

Then should the build work with yours. Don't know what the problem could be.

Yep unplugged, replugged. Still same.

It's my signature.^^

Also I downloaded the .img.gz unzip, but the img file failed to load in Amlogic USB_Burning tool.

You can only install Android firmwares with the burning tool.

Edited once, last by drieschel (August 15, 2016 at 8:47 AM).

• It is the same board in Post #31 M9&M8_v0.92. I can reload Android or OE both reloaded fine, tried 8.0.0-2 A and 7.0.0.2-2 both FW giving the same. Tried hooking it up to two different TVs same. Very weired.

update:

Open a New M8, never was touched. Loaded with stock Android.

Load LE 8.0.0-2 A, via update UI in Android, got this on reboot
    "Event an Automatic repair attempt continuing"
    "any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds"

I rebooted same words printed on the screen.

After a like 5mins just resting there another error message appeared," that the system is broken beyong repair. Re-install LibreELEC".

Reloaded Android

Tried this time with 7.0.2-2, same message printed across the screen.

I am starting beleive LE do not like these three boxes, or the other way around.

Edited once, last by node (August 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM).

• drieschel

Still no joy, same issue.

on all the FW, last three lines after flashing I get:
    Image installed successfully.
    script succeeded result was ( Image Installed successfully).
    Install from sdcard completed.
    Then I select reboot system now.
    on reboot LIbreELEC splash screen.
    then vertical lines.

Changed HDMI Cable switch TV same.

Sure getting above my pay grade. Reloaded OE all okay.