S802 devices

• Hi there,

I own an Orbsmart S82, which is identically to Tronsmart Vega S89 or Beelink S82. I would like to bring Libreelec to it. But I don't have much experience in building device projects for OE/LE. But with some help from the community (and some lessons in building a device project) I am sure that we could work that out. Is there some interest in supporting S802 devices? I would contribute it to LE if we get it to work.

Cheers
    drieschel

• Hi there,

I own an Orbsmart S82, which is identically to Tronsmart Vega S89 or Beelink S82. I would like to bring Libreelec to it. But I don't have much experience in building device projects for OE/LE. But with some help from the community (and some lessons in building a device project) I am sure that we could work that out. Is there some interest in supporting S802 devices? I would contribute it to LE if we get it to work.

Cheers
    drieschel

Hey,

i own the Tronsmart Vega S89 and using the openelec builds from codesnake on it. Would be cool to play around with LibreElec on that awesome box. Performance differences between wetek play and s802 boxes are big. The only sad thing is that it don't have an tuner build in, but as far i know TS Stream isn't supported on that CPU.

kind regards,

Fossy

• Hey,

i own the Tronsmart Vega S89 and using the openelec builds from codesnake on it. Would be cool to play around with LibreElec on that awesome box. Performance differences between wetek play and s802 boxes are big. The only sad thing is that it don't have an tuner build in, but as far i know TS Stream isn't supported on that CPU.

kind regards,

Fossy

Hi Fossy,

there is a workling build for your device. Everything is working fine, except power off/suspend. Here is the link: 7.0.2

Don't know very much about tuner built-ins and TS streams, so I can't make a profound statement about that.

• Not exactly sure but something kernel related. If you have some knowledge about kernels, you probably could give me some hints about kernel debugging after power down/suspend call. Problem is that I don't have a serial console and the fs seems to be unmounted already. So printk messages get lost during that time.

• Will this work on the M8 S802 boxes?

Yes it should work! I will add the M8 device to the project so I can make a build for it where also the remote control will work.

Edit: I included the M8 device in the project and made a build you can download here! Feedback is much appreciated.
    Edit2: And source can be viewed here!

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 13, 2016 at 1:51 PM).

• Have a look at this page, download the right version for your device (which you hopefully find there) and copy the remote.conf file to /storage/.config.

Thanks ! Can you also add support for mce remote in your builds ? Kerber had it working in his OE m8 builds :)

• I tried installing the T8 libreELEC build to SD card but it didn't work. Can someone post instruction on how to install to SD card correctly, please? I would like to try LibreELEC before installing it to NAND flash. I have OpeneELEC installed on the box but I prefer LibreELEC.
    Thank you very much.

• If you know that your device can boot from sdcard, You could try. You can find instructions for installing LE on sdcard here.

PS: The thread is now moved into the Amlogic forum.

Edited once, last by drieschel (August 9, 2016 at 6:52 PM).