Tvheadend nightly builds for LE

• Since I own a RPi3 and an Odroid C2, both running Media-Build-Editions of LE8, I can compare both systems. I noticed that switching channels is extremely fast on RPi3, but takes about 2 seconds on C2, in addition there are some artifacts during the first seconds. Is this an issue of TVHeadend or is this due to PVR client?

In addition, I tried to update (on C2) from TVHeadend .2415 to .2449 just by copying service.tvheadend42 into the addons directory. After rebooting the service.log says

Code
    1. /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend42.start: exec: line 167: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend: not found

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much!

------------------------
    EDIT: Maybe this has to do with 32 bit vs. 64 bit? Media-build-edition of LE8 for C2 is 32 bit.

EDIT2: Aha, 32 bit version for RPi 3 works on C2! Still with the channel switching issue mentioned above. Okay, I'll try to be happy with that.

Edited once, last by Philos ().

• EDIT: Maybe this has to do with 32 bit vs. 64 bit? Media-build-edition of LE8 for C2 is 32 bit.

yes it only works for 64bit

EDIT2: Aha, 32 bit version for RPi 3 works on C2! Still with the channel switching issue mentioned above. Okay,

O_o lol ... okay why not :D

the switch issue should be a problem of the AML render engine - just setup tvh and connect with an windows kodi + hts client to check if tvh works like desired

• the switch issue should be a problem of the AML render engine - just setup tvh and connect with an windows kodi + hts client to check if tvh works like desired

I observed that issue for a while. With Odroid C2, artifacts are present from time to time (unfortunately not only within the first seconds, as I said before), no matter which version of TVHeadend I use. TVHeadend log then says

Code
    1. Continuity counter error

This does not happen when I use a Pi 3.

• Hello CVH!

Thank you for your TVHeadend builds!

Is there a chanve to get TVHeadend 4.2 stable builds for x86 LE7 AND LE8?

Last build I saw is 4.1 build on April 10.

Regards
    Nicolas

• the current 4.1.25xx are more or less the same as 4.2

an official update for LE is coming soon (I wait if some errors pop up with the current 4.2 stable)

• I have a Wetek Play 2 running the latest Krypton 8.01 and was wondering which of your builds would be suitable for Freeview in the UK

LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV4K, NowTV, Apple Extremes

• Now that v4.2 is released, will you move over to the new 4.3 nightly builds?

There's a fix for Greek DVB-T LCN in 4.3-32 that I want to test out. :)

• 4.3-35 (this commit) fixes an IPTV issue for me. (Checked under Raspbian Stretch) So I am eagerly waiting for a new nightly, too ... keep up your nice work!

Edited once, last by LeoD ().

• 1) THANK YOU CvH!!!! these nightlie builds have been a blessing for my rpi3.

2) Can somebody please explain why comskip is not included with these builds for the raspberry pi (3)?

I understand that the pi 1+2 are probably not able to really transcode successfully, but I have had success transcoding with my pi 3 in the past using ffmpeg. I use a HDhomerun connect box for ATSC-T broadcasts in USA

Thank you!