After Update on Raspberry Pi 2 Bootloop

• Hey @ all

I used OpenElec Kodi 15.2 and just wanted to Update to the latest Version from the download section.
    So i did everything as in the video, downloaded the manual file, and pasted it in the "Update" Section of my Pi.

I restarted the System, all was shown as okay, and all seemed to be updated, but now it stucks in a Bootloop. Showing the Jarvis Logo for 2 secs with a following reboot. What can I do? Please help.

Hopefully i didnt destroy anything...

• Hey @ all

I used OpenElec Kodi 15.2 and just wanted to Update to the latest Version from the download section.
    So i did everything as in the video, downloaded the manual file, and pasted it in the "Update" Section of my Pi.

I restarted the System, all was shown as okay, and all seemed to be updated, but now it stucks in a Bootloop. Showing the Jarvis Logo for 2 secs with a following reboot. What can I do? Please help.

Hopefully i didnt destroy anything...

I don't have a Pi, but did you put the tar file in the update folder (which is correct) or the img.gz (which is not correct)

tar is to go from openelec to libreelec, img.gz is to update libreelec to a newer version.

Just a thought

• Hard to guess what the root issue is but something add-on related would be my guess. If you took a backup in OE before starting it will be quickest to create a new SD card and then selectively restore things of importance. If you didn't and you are only seeing the Jarvis splash screen you can SSH into the box and rename /storage/.kodi to /storage/.kodi-old - then once the system is up you can stop Kodi and selectively restore things as required. If you are seeing the first LE boot splash and the box is fully rebooting that won't be possible and you'll need to remove the SD card and mount the storage partition in Linux to rename .kodi to .kodi-old before doing the same selective restore. You can also try clean install and restoring the backup, but that probably gets you back to the same boot-loop point.

• Probably some broken or incompatible add-on is causing the new Kodi to crash - a crash log would reveal all. If ssh hasn't been enabled, add "ssh" to the end of the line in cmdline.txt (it's in the root of the SD card), boot the RPi, then login using ssh (username: root, password: libreelec) and run:

Code
    paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

then post the link.

• Probably some broken or incompatible add-on is causing the new Kodi to crash - a crash log would reveal all. If ssh hasn't been enabled, add "ssh" to the end of the line in cmdline.txt (it's in the root of the SD card), boot the RPi, then login using ssh (username: root, password: libreelec) and run:

Code
    paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

then post the link.

Hi, I have same problem.
    I upgraded from 6.0.3 OE to the last LE on RPI3

My log is: YYDL

Can it be fix without clean install?

Thx in advance.

• Hi, I have same problem.
    I upgraded from 6.0.3 OE to the last LE on RPI3

My log is: YYDL

Can it be fix without clean install?

Thx in advance.

We are not helping users that have 20+ illegal addons repositories installed on their system.

If you have problems, start over with a clean setup. Either via a Hard Reset, by manually renaming your .kodi folder or by a clean installation.

• We are not helping users that have 20+ illegal addons repositories installed on their system.

If you have problems, start over with a clean setup. Either via a Hard Reset, by manually renaming your .kodi folder or by a clean installation.

Thanks for the warning, there will be a clean install and I review the repositories.

• Your problem is the language pack you are using. Go back to OpenELEC by downloading OpenELEC tar to /storage/.update/ and reboot.

After you are running OpenELEC again, change system language to English and upgrade to LibreELEC. When running LibreELEC, change language back to your preferred language.

• Code
    systemctl stop kodi.service
    rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
    systemctl start kodi.service

SSH in and run the above commands. It will drop Kodi back to defaults (skin, language, etc.) and that normally clears things back to a point where Kodi will start, download a load of updated add-ons, which normally resolves the issue with something being out of date and causing Kodi to crash.

• Your problem is the language pack you are using. Go back to OpenELEC by downloading OpenELEC tar to /storage/.update/ and reboot.

After you are running OpenELEC again, change system language to English and upgrade to LibreELEC. When running LibreELEC, change language back to your preferred language.

Thx!