Hyperion

• Hi Guys,

I'm running LibreELEC 7.1.1 on my odroid c2 with hyperion installed.

I have 2 hyperion.config.json that i want to start at boot, hyperion.config.json and hyperion.config2.json.
    hyperion.config.json is for my ws2801 ledstripes and hyperion.config2.json is for my hue lamps.

I know it is possible to start 2 different config files.
    From the commandline i can manually start hyperion.config2.json but i want this config to start after a reboot now only hyperion.config.json is start at boot.
    How to achieve that?

And how many grabbers do i have to define in my hue config file cause after a couple of minutes my ledstripes and the hue lamps turn off.
    After reboot and manually start hyperion.config2.json from commandline all is good for a couple of minutes.

These are my settings in hyperion.configs.json for my hue lamps:

Edited once, last by Marciano (December 29, 2016 at 7:49 PM).

• did you try to start the second instance of hyperion via autostart.sh located in configfiles?

don't do this.

copy the systemd service file, rename it, enable it, and start it

Code
    cp /storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/system.d/service.hyperion.service /storage/.config/system.d/service.hyperion2.service
    nano /storage/.config/system.d/service.hyperion2.service

change the path to your second hyperion config

Code
    systemctl enable service.hyperion2.service
    systemctl start service.hyperion2.service
  • don't do this.

Code
    cp /storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/system.d/service.hyperion.service /storage/.config/system.d/service.hyperion2.service
    nano /storage/.config/system.d/service.hyperion2.service

Code
    systemctl enable service.hyperion2.service
    systemctl start service.hyperion2.service

Thanks this works perfectly!

Cheers!

• Ah, thanks a lot! That's not a surprise, since most solutions end up with an Arduino. The second issue is software: Do you use Hyperion, and if yes, how did you install and configure it?

Yes i use hyperion from the LE repo.

You need a config file that you can create with hypercon.

You can download hypercon from the offical hyperion site.

Once you created a config file you have to copy you config to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion and reboot.

That's all good luck!

• Yes i use hyperion from the LE repo.

You need a config file that you can create with hypercon.

You can download hypercon from the offical hyperion site.

Once you created a config file you have to copy you config to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion and reboot.

That's all good luck!

If you're going to use Hypercon, make sure you use the one modified by the LE team. The one on the Hyperion official site doesn't copy the config files to the correct directories. The official LE Hypercon is here: Hypercon - LibreELEC

• don't do this.

Code
    nano /storage/.config/system.d/service.hyperion2.service

Code
    systemctl enable service.hyperion2.service
    systemctl start service.hyperion2.service

sorry to dig out this thread but am i correct in assuming that this info is outdated?

With my current version of hyperion there is no pointer to the .json config file in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/system.d/service.hyperion.service.

However i did find a pointer in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.hyperion/bin/hyperiond.start. So am i correct in assuming that if i want to add a second .json for Hue Lamps (first one being the LED strip) that i would have to add the path to this config file here?