Thank you for LibreELEC!

• Hi,

I switched these days from OE to LE on my WeTek Play with an simple update (no reinstall) and I'm blown away how smooth and stable everthing works till now, even Live TV improved in stability and feels more responsive (using VDR PVR/VNSI).

I really didn't expect this and I'm very happy I found this nice fork of OE.

Thanks alot!

Edited once, last by ZappoB (May 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM).

• Just switched form OpenELEC to LE. I thank the folks who contributed to OE and brought us to the next stage LibreELEC. For me, OE seemed to be slipping behind especially on newer processors. I also could'nt help but notice the ever growing importance of hardware manufacturers to OE.

I wish them well but have already made a small contribution to LE. As of Milhouse's #0518 build my Braswell NUC is once again bringing me all that I hoped.

• I switched today on RPI and really impressed. I came from OE and after the update I already notice the interface to be smoother. Im here to stay! thanks.

• as many ohers, i want to say thanks too. i love openELEC but alot more creativity seems to be going on here.
    i like the new tunes and LE 7.0.2 does run smoother/faster, especially on my old rpi's. i just pulled them out and dusted them off after a longer relationship with android and was taken back once again with the video quality, OS familiarity, and enormous versatility.
    naturally i could not help ordering the latest version (that is on its way tomorrow) to see what i missed.

thanks! i'll be staying around too.

Edited once, last by tuxen (July 10, 2016 at 9:56 PM).

• A BIG Thank You to the LibreElec team and community for developing/supporting this wonderful project. I was amazed to see how quickly I was able to flash v7.0.2 (Generic) onto my old ZOTAC ZBOXHD-ID40-PLUS which is probably around 10 years old. It's unreal to have Kodi (Jarvis) running so smooth and fast on an old box. Kudos to you

Edited once, last by ReVan (July 20, 2016 at 2:44 AM).

• Official Post

I'd like to say a thank you from a slightly different perspective. I am a moderator on the kodi forums, and moderately active on the OE forums. I was approached by an LE team member before launch to help out with moderating the forums, and was, frankly, flattered.

I am more than happy to help such a great project. There are many posts on here that I cannot answer (mainly about non x86 hardware, and stuff I don't use) and I perhaps haven't been as helpful on the forums as I had hoped to be, but man I get a kick out of being a part of LE, albeit non developer, non decision maker.

I have been made to feel very welcome by the great team. I never felt like that about OE.

• I have literally just moved from OpenELEC to LibreELEC.

The process could not have been simpler and everything just seems to be working so much better.

Thank you.

• I've been using LibreELEC now for only 1 week and I'm really satisfied!
    Everything works smooth, from bluetooth adapters, addons to smb shares and bluetooth audio.
    My music collection is now finallyup and running.

Thank you!

Coming from OSMC, this is a dream!

Keep up the good work!
    All the best
    André