Posts by ZappoB

Hello community,

I've done an LibreELEC update on my WeTek Play some weeks ago from 8.0.2 to 8.2.1 - the update was downloaded and the device rebooted, did the update massages on reboot and everything looked fine, but I didn't recognise then, that the version wasn't updated, it still says 8.0.2. Now I've seen there is an update 8.2.2 and tried that: it downloads... and then does nothing, it just closes the download dialog and stays in the LibreELEC settings. Tried it several times with reboot, still refuses to do anything.

Now I tried to connect via FTP with my standard settings, but the FTP connection is refused, Forklift (yes, macOS) only states: "Could not connect". SSH still works fine.

These two problems may or may not cohere, but this is, what I see now.

Hopefully someone can point in the right direction.

Merry Christmas to all! a050.gif

Tvheadend 4.2 has an build in Sat>IP Server which is a bit tricky to setup.

Must I use Tvheadend? I tested it at the beginning of my WeTek time and it was aweful to handle for a newbie. With VDR I'm quite happy, as it was easy to install and configure and even timeshift works quite well - which seems to be a hard thing with THE.

VDR has much internal plugins, even one called "satip", but I can't find any information how to configure the server and which client I can use (for iOS).

I have "TV Guide" which seaches for SAT-IP devices, but can't find the WeTek (unconfigured), and the app "iVDRclient" must be configured to the server, which I also don't know how to do.

Feeling a bit desperate now.

Since you've posted in the " PVR & DVB Support" I assume you're trying to forward streams from WeTek.Play to other clients.

I think, what I'm looking for is named Sat-IP or Sat>IP. There are apps for iOS for playback, but they don't find my WeTek. Must I configurate something special in the CDR plugin?

You have the option for M3u (IPTV), HTSP (Tvh protocol), Sat>IP and VDR. Tvh 4.2 can do nearly everything - VDR can of course send to other VDR/IPTV clients.

Does this work with iDevices/iOS?

Many thanks to you both for your help!

Hi,

I switched these days from OE to LE on my WeTek Play with an simple update (no reinstall) and I'm blown away how smooth and stable everthing works till now, even Live TV improved in stability and feels more responsive (using VDR PVR/VNSI).

I really didn't expect this and I'm very happy I found this nice fork of OE.

Thanks alot!

So still not a Kodi 'issue' in my point of view. But maybe our point views differ in a bit and that's fine  

I'm sorry, if I used "issue" in a wrong way, as english is not my native tongue. I meant, Kodi can't do it, for which reason ever. This should not "blame" Kodi for anything. Please don't think I'm ungrateful, I'm using Kodi since his original destination on the Xbox as XBMC and think this is the best media-software in any way.

In my second post I edited, that the actuall Kodi indeed can play Airplay audio again with iOS 9.x, when disabling the video and picture option (I'm not using the english version, so I can't name it correctly), which is a great deal for me and I'm very happy, that this works again.

It's not an issue with Kodi.

Sorry, this IS an issue with Kodi, as other software is able to simulate the Airplay protokoll. Even for Kodi seems to be an (commercial) addon, which is Airplay compatible:
    LibreELEC

EDIT: just tested with the actual release: deactivate the last option in the Airplay settings (video and picture support) and it plays at last music with iOS 9.x