[RPi5] WiFi Issues on LE 13

  • What gives i was led to believe that the Wi-Fi connectivity issues were supposed to be fixed on LE13. However i am still getting the invalid key issues in addition to see a false positive. It shows connected but with the IP address is wrong and the RPi5 does not show up as one of the connected devices in admin portal.

    I know it is not the hardware as other linux OSes (RPiOS, Ubuntu) do not ever have an issue maintaining the connection while the LE doesn't.

  • Complaints about invalid-key errors tailed right off over the last six months. So while there was never a eureka! moment that would allow a general claim of solving the issue (AFAIK nobody on staff has made one); the changes made that suggested they might have influence on the issue have either mitigated triggers, or perhaps everyone switched to Ethernet or started using other hardware or did something that changed their environment. Your guess on that is as blind as ours.

    I'm interested to know if adding this and rebooting changes anything?

    Code
    echo "options brcmfmac feature_disable=0x2000000" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/brcmfmac.conf
  • Now it keeps prompting for a password..I have rebooted so many times i am considering switching back to RPiOS

    LibreElec is a great project, don't give up so easy. A lot of people using RPi and LE with wifi, usually without issues (me too).
    Indeed is "something" with the wifi connection in the LE, but I think is influenced by the router wifi settings too.
    Try this: in the router use WPA2 encryption only (not mixed mode), in the RPi-LE set a manual IP. That should help to a stable wifi.
    The weak or unstable wifi signal isn't help in this situation, all RPi versions is notorious about the tiny wifi antenna and bad wifi signal.

    Recently was an update to enable the WPA3 wifi encryption for RPi, the command suggested by chewitt disable that. Worth a try too. Or you can try an older LE13 version (before 20260919).

  • I have tried to stick with LIbreelec for a long time. I have made a bunch of changes to make it work like keeping my wifi open (without a password) for months, and it still had issues that required a reboot to fix. I switching over to another linux disto because someone was on my network for hours on sunday and monday morning.