[RPi5] LibreELEC 12.0.2 loses connection to NVMe drive

  • Librelec is on an SD card, and my films are on an NVMe drive.

    When I’m watching a film, it sometimes freezes (the picture freezes and the sound stops). After a few seconds, it returns to the films menu on its own. But I can’t play any films then, because Kodi tells me that every film cannot be found.

    When I connect to my Raspberry Pi 5 via Samba, I’ve noticed that I can no longer access the NVMe drive when this happens.

    I’ve concluded that Librelec loses access to the NVMe drive. The only way I’ve found to restore the connection is to restart Librelec.

    Do you know what might be causing this loss of connection and how to prevent it from happening again?


    Librelec 12.0.2 (Kernel 6.6.70)

    Kodi 21.2

    Raspberry 5


    Thank you in advance for your help.

  • LE13 is still under development, so not available as a regular update. Login by SSH, and use these commands:

    Code
    cd /storage/.update
    wget https://test.libreelec.tv/13.0/RPi/RPi5/LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-13.0-nightly-20261002-1bc4065.img.gz
    reboot