Intel NUC Audio passthrough not working on alpha

• Hi,

I am running the v7.90.009 alpha on the Intel NUC5CPYH and HDMI passtrough is not working anymore.

I had it running on the previos alpha version but since the last update it is not working anmore.

If I enable HDMI passthrough there is no sound at all....but before the update passthrough was working fine (DTS and DTS-HD as well!)

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Matthias

Edited once, last by Skeesicks (January 13, 2017 at 5:46 PM).

• Debug log shows that you have the "default" audio device selected and this has no passthrough capabilities. You need to select either the S/PDIF (ALC283 Digital S/PDIF) or HDMI (PIO SC-2022 on HDMI) outputs as the passthrough audio device.

• Hi,

I also tried the latter, only with the default audio device I have menu sounds. (Passthrough device is set to the right one, I have no option to choose the default one!)

Unfortunately I don't remember the settings from the previous Version, I'll check for another harrdisk and report back with the logs!

KR,

Matthias
    [hr]

Hi,

I also tried the latter, only with the default audio device I have menu sounds. (Passthrough device is set to the right one, I have no option to choose the default one!)

Unfortunately I don't remember the settings from the previous Version, I'll check for another harrdisk and report back with the logs!

KR,

Matthias

OK, when choosing the HDMI device mit the SC-2022 (my Pioneer AV Receiver) and disabling Passthrough, I have no sound at all.

Edited once, last by Skeesicks (December 26, 2016 at 2:02 PM).

• Hi,

short follow up to my problem.

I did a vanilla install of the stable version (with passthrough working) and updating to 7.90.010 (i originally had 7.90.009) with passthrough working as well.

I then did a update to 7.90.0.10 of my main installation and passthrough is working again....maybe some bug with 7.90.009?!

Long story, short.....update to 7.9.0.10 if you have troubles with passthrough.

Thanks for your replies, and thanks to chewitt.....I think you were the one who made big contributions to the ATV part of openelec.
    I used it until HD sound became important to me.

Cheers guys!

KR,

Matthias

• I've had similar results with NUC5CPYH and my Sony STR-DG720 receiver :
    Had sound with "Default (IntelHDMI IntelHDMI)" but no passthrough and stuck with stereo sound.
    When setting to "SNY SONY AVAMP on HDMI" no more sound.

Found that after selecting "SNY SONY AVAMP on HDMI" in the default and passthrough config, i had to reboot my NUC in order to get the sound working!

I was about to post my debug log after activating this debug log and rebooting... when i found final working sound on my 7.1 receiver. Yes!

• Hi,

this did not the trick for me, I am stuck with non working passthrough again.
    Out of the blue, passthrough was disabled and after enabling it, there is no sound at all!

Rebooted the damn thing a thousand times, yet no sound.

Isn't there anybody who can solve this mystery?