RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• same problem, I did already and I recreate another source...

You certainly build your distrib because your source file is already compiled I think.

I m not expert but can't build your emu's branch.

Sorry for my english

• BlockABoots

Doesn't seem to crash here.

jaykass

Nothing I can do about Kodi bugs.

OK, regarding my issue with Kodi not starting.

On my 64GB card:
    1. Clean install of LE Alpha 4 on Pi3. Works well.
    2. Load my video db. Continues to work well.
    3. Update to your build using 20160812 TAR, Pi3 boots but Kodi will not start.
    4. Delete video DB file using WinSCP. Kodi starts again.

Thinking it might be the capacity of the card causing issues:
    1. Clean install of LE Alpha 4 on Pi3 using 2GB card. Works well.
    2. Load my video db. Continues to work well.
    3. Update to your build using 20160812 TAR, Pi3 boots but Kodi will not start.
    4. Delete video DB file using WinSCP. Kodi starts again.

So, it might be a Kodi bug but it appears tied to the version of Kodi that you currently have in the build and/or something with the patches/edits that you have made.

Has no one else had a similar issue on a pi3 with the 20160812 build? :(

EDIT: Same results with Pi2. Previous version of 20160806 did not have this issue.

Edited once, last by jaykass (August 19, 2016 at 4:07 AM).

• I've had similar results with the build on my Pi2. If I scan music files to library after a fresh install with this build, it appears to add them okay (artists no longer shows as 0 on the main menu, so the original issue I had with FLAC files is fixed, thanks Escalade!), but then as soon as you click Artists in Music to view them in the library, it crashes with a black screen and doesn't go any further. If I reboot the Pi, the LibreELEC splash screen appears but then it goes and stays black. I think there's possibly some kind of library building or access issue with this build or the version of Kodi used in the build.

Edited once, last by Fairbs (August 19, 2016 at 8:59 AM).

• Hi Escalade,
    as u have an z83 i put on it ur image x86_64 it's god but have a problem with audio, if restart the default return to bluetooth and than after 5 minute appear the second selection but if change the skin nothing appear in a second time...(confluence)...have soution??
    THX for ur support
    [hr]
    is not real what i have wrote , after the third restart the audio is only bluetooth.....

Edited once, last by crx73 (August 20, 2016 at 5:19 PM).

• I've had similar results with the build on my Pi2.

Same issue here, RPi2 and RPi3. Everything looks to be working great until I try to add anything to my library. Kodi gets stuck in a black screen crash/restart loop.

jIZi

Good to see the issue has been reproduced. Thanks Escalade.

[Edit]

I've been doing some googling and the issue could be related this one reported with odroid. They suggest the issue was with compiler optimizations causing problems in the standard C++ library with arm architure.

Their solution was to add "

Code
    --disable-libstdcxx-dual-abi" to the compiler options.

[/Edit]

Edited once, last by chrima (August 21, 2016 at 5:53 PM).

• crx73

The z83 is cherry trail, the audio code is experimental and not mainlined in the kernel yet. I am seeing the same with my Wintel Pro CX-W8.

scalpel

The RPi isn't supported by the ppsspp-libretro core. Even if it was you can forget about psp on the RPi, it's barely powerful enough to do N64.

chrima

That is some excellent googling my man, looks very likely to be the issue as I use -O2 optimization in my build compared to the regular LE releases. I'll be testing that right now ;) Been spending a lot of time looking through all my commits and at this point the differences to vanilla LE is very minor.

• chrima

That is some excellent googling my man, looks very likely to be the issue as I use -O2 optimization in my build compared to the regular LE releases. I'll be testing that right now Been spending a lot of time looking through all my commits and at this point the differences to vanilla LE is very minor.

Great job indeed! Would this have only impacted the 20160812 build though? I have the 20160806 build working with my library.

EDIT: I think I remember this is when you changed gcc versions because of a FLAC issue.

Edited once, last by jaykass (August 21, 2016 at 9:24 PM).

• New build 20160822:

- Fix RPi segmentation fault
    - Docker 1.12.1
    - xf86-video-nvidia 370.23
    - Linux 4.7.2
    - SABnzbd 1.1.0 RC3
    - uae4arm b5be69f + LED fix
    - New Sega Saturn core beetle-saturn-libretro (generic only)
    - f2fs-tools 1.7.0
    - btrfs-progs 4.7

Edited once, last by escalade (August 23, 2016 at 12:40 AM).