Posts by Fairbs

Hi Escalade,

Thanks for your ongoing work maintaining these builds, really appreciate it :) I'd happily donate if there was an option.

I've just updated to today's Raspberry Pi builds (20161220) - I've got a RPi3. After updating from your previous build using the tar file, I get a Kernel Panic error when it reboots. I tried a fresh install from the img.gz file on a different SD card and I get the same error as soon as it's boots. Screenshot below...

I've had similar results with the build on my Pi2. If I scan music files to library after a fresh install with this build, it appears to add them okay (artists no longer shows as 0 on the main menu, so the original issue I had with FLAC files is fixed, thanks Escalade!), but then as soon as you click Artists in Music to view them in the library, it crashes with a black screen and doesn't go any further. If I reboot the Pi, the LibreELEC splash screen appears but then it goes and stays black. I think there's possibly some kind of library building or access issue with this build or the version of Kodi used in the build.

Fairbs

Looks exactly the same to me:

Code
    ScanTags - No tag found for: /var/media/MediaDrive/TestMusic/Mr. Scruff/Ninja Tuna/01 Mr. Scruff - Test the Sound.flac

I'll investigate when I get the time. Seems my previous theory was incorrect, as the vorbis library doesn't handle flac at all. I'll investigate when I get the time. You can play the files though, right?

Yes, it plays FLAC files okay through file mode. It's just the tags that it doesn't seem to be able to read in your build. Thanks Escalade, it would be greatly appreciated if you get any spare time, because other than this, it's a brilliant build! :D Thanks for all your hard work.

Going through my commit log I think I found the issue, I re-enabled building shared libraries for libvorbis after it was disabled in LE. It seems like because I didn't enable shared libraries for libogg as well, there's some check in Kodi that fails and support is not built in. It should be fixed in my 20160806 build, I can see that the binaries are linked to the libvorbis libraries now.

Hi Escalade, I'm sorry to report, it still doesn't appear to like FLAC files. I've just been testing your 20160806 build. I tried scanning to the library a folder containing an album of FLACs and an album of MP3s - the MP3s are added to the library fine, but the FLACs still fail to appear. The log looks similar, but not quite the same as the Scantags error in the previous build. I've uploaded a new log from the current build here... BWBb

Any ideas what might still be causing it? Thanks in advance and really sorry to keep bugging you!

Going through my commit log I think I found the issue, I re-enabled building shared libraries for libvorbis after it was disabled in LE. It seems like because I didn't enable shared libraries for libogg as well, there's some check in Kodi that fails and support is not built in. It should be fixed in my 20160806 build, I can see that the binaries are linked to the libvorbis libraries now.

In other news, I've added a Plex Media Server launch script that will automatically download and install Plex. You can now enable Plex like the other services in my build:

Code
    # systemctl enable plex ; systemctl start plex

Thanks Escalade. Looking forward to trying it :)

No I haven't. On my way into work at the moment, I'll give a Milhouse build a try this evening. Thanks for the suggestion, the new Kodi version might explain it. I'll report back. Thanks.

Hi Escalade,

I've just tested it with a fresh image/install of LE8 Alpha 3 then updated to Milhouse's Krypton build #0804 released today. I started the scan to library once Milhouse's build had installed and it worked fine. The library was fully populated afterwards. So I'm not sure why the version on your build isn't working... Is there anything else you can think of?

Looks like it's unable to read the tag from your flac files:

Code
    21:17:13  58.190651 T:1590686624   DEBUG: ScanTags - No tag found for: /var/media/MediaDrive/Music/Aaliyah/Aaliyah/01 Aaliyah - We Need a Resolution (Feat. Timbaland).flac

There's nothing in my build that should affect this. The Alpha 3 build has an older Kodi version, have you tried a recent Milhouse build for comparison?

No I haven't. On my way into work at the moment, I'll give a Milhouse build a try this evening. Thanks for the suggestion, the new Kodi version might explain it. I'll report back. Thanks.

Hi again Escalade,

I've just tested your latest build from a fresh install and also tried updating to it from LibreELEC Alpha 3, but I'm still getting the same problem. To rule it out being a USB issue I've copied music files to the Music folder in the home directory and 'scanned to library', again it shows the names of the files during the scan, but at the end the library's still not populated. It works fine in the standard LibreELEC Alpha 3 build.

Is there something different in your build that could be affecting library scanning? Has anyone successfully scanned media to the Kodi library in this build? - I'm just curious if I'm the only person experiencing this.

Thanks

Hi Escalade,

Thank you for sharing all your hard work. There are a lot of cool features you've built into this build. However, I'm having problems scanning/adding files to the library which are stored in a folder called Music on my USB drive. When I select the folder and scan to library, Kodi appears to read and go through the subfolders and files, completes after a few minutes but the library remains empty. This is using a fresh install from your image.

If do the same thing with the LE standard Alpha build it takes a lot longer to scan, but works as all items are added to the library.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 2. Debug log is here... gXGC

Any ideas what it might be? I haven't changed any of the settings from default, but it appears to be set to read tags etc.

Thanks.