RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• You can run the previous alpha on it until the new patch is sorted out. I'm already on the latest scummvm core. Yes I'm considering dolphin if i get the spare time.

EDIT: For anyone who upgraded to the generic build yesterday, you might have noticed that Chrome/Spotify did not work. I've uploaded a new build today with the missing scripts.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 13, 2016 at 3:26 PM).

• Fresh install of LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.004 ALPHA -> LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160812.tar update doesn't want to boot up on rpi3. I can grab logs later if needed, but didn't have time to do so yet.

EDIT:
    Looks like its something to do with my music and video db files. I had copied the DBs from an OSMC installation of Kodi 16 that I am migrating from. For now, I am just recreating my library from scratch.

Edited once, last by jaykass (August 14, 2016 at 3:26 AM).

• I have noticed in retroarch when your in the shader settings and select 'Menu Shader Parameters' to try and edit the shader settings it causes RetroArch to crash, any ideas why?

• Fresh install of LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.004 ALPHA -> LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160812.tar update doesn't want to boot up on rpi3. I can grab logs later if needed, but didn't have time to do so yet.

EDIT:
    Looks like its something to do with my music and video db files. I had copied the DBs from an OSMC installation of Kodi 16 that I am migrating from. For now, I am just recreating my library from scratch.

So, it was working when I didn't copy my databases over. However, about 25% into my library scan it crashed. And then continued to crash repeatedly.

Here is the initial crash during the scan:
    libreelec_crash - Pastebin.com

And the subsequent crashes:
    libreelec_crash2 - Pastebin.com

Until I delete the Video DB then it boots once again.

• New build 20160816:

- Added Dolphin
    - Added nxengine-libretro
    - Added unclutter (hides inactive mouse cursor when starting Emulationstation)
    - Docker 1.12.1-rc1

Notes on Dolphin.

Put your roms in /storage/roms/wii and /storage/roms/gamecube. If you are upgrading from a different build, remove /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and reboot. This will ensure that Emulationstation is set up to launch Dolphin properly.

Now back to playing Mario Kart Double Dash :)

• Totally in awe and extatic ! Can't wait to update. Seriously thank you for all the time you put in to this.
    One happy chappy here I'm a big Nintendo fan.

Edited once, last by lefty420 (August 16, 2016 at 11:56 PM).

• pawnthep

Sawasdee krap to you, and of course it's possible! When you run Chrome in this build, you're basically running it in a minimal Arch installation inside a Docker container. The image used for that is pulled from my Docker hub repo, I've updated it now to include Thai fonts as well. You'll need to run this command in an SSH session:

Code
    # docker pull escalade1/arch-chrome

The next time you launch Chrome, you should be all set

lefty420

You're welcome, I'm a big Nintendo fan as well but from the GB/NES/SNES era Unfortunately for me Dolphin requires a very fast CPU, my i5 NUC wasn't able to run F-Zero but at least I can run Mario Kart smoothly.

I've uploaded a 20160816-2 build with the following changes:

- Two GC controllers pre-configured for DS4 via Bluetooth
    - You can now run dolphin.sh without any arguments in SSH to bring up the GUI
    - Removed the annoying error box about system language when starting up the GUI version

Edited once, last by escalade (August 17, 2016 at 12:41 AM).

• GameCube works a treat thanks for the gui entry point I like to mess with the settings.

Thought I'd share some pics of my set up using the Estuary MOD by Guilouz. With a mix of Internet archive rom launcher and super favourite addons as widgets.

Edited once, last by lefty420 (August 17, 2016 at 3:41 PM).

• pawnthep

Sawasdee krap to you, and of course it's possible! When you run Chrome in this build, you're basically running it in a minimal Arch installation inside a Docker container. The image used for that is pulled from my Docker hub repo, I've updated it now to include Thai fonts as well. You'll need to run this command in an SSH session:

Code
    # docker pull escalade1/arch-chrome

The next time you launch Chrome, you should be all set

escalade

Sawasdee and Khob Khun krub (Thank you)  
    You're very helpful. Chrome can display Thai font now. I can watch my local streaming service with Thai subtitle.

But I notice somethings very weird about Youtube. I hope to use this with Youtube leanback too for watching Thai MV and local content mostly. But if I choose to go to http://youtube.com/tv directly, video can't be played at all. It will play only if I first play a video in youtube.com (normal desktop version) first and pause it. Then go open http://youtube.com/tv tab, now video playing fine. I have to do this everytime I open Chrome.

Anyway, your work is very great. Very appreciated.
    Khob Khun krub agin.

Ps. It seems LibreELEC's backup function doesn't work with your build.

• I know about the http://youtube.com/tv issue, I think there's a bug in the youtube app causing the sound device to be locked. It works fine when set up to use pulseaudio, but that requires setting up pulse to use the correct alsa sink which can be a pain.

Here's how I do it on my NUC (through autostart.sh):

Code
    pactl load-module module-udev-detect
    pactl set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_03.0 output:hdmi-stereo-extra1
    pactl set-default-sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_03.0.hdmi-stereo-extra1

Then I run my Chrome container with "-e PULSE_SERVER=tcp:localhost:4713" and it works.

As for the backup function it works fine here.

• Regarding RetroArch, has anybody had issues with using overlays?. Im trying to load up a Gameboy overlay for when i play gameboy games, i have the same overlays on my mian PC which work fine in RetroArch and have copied these over the the Raspberry Pi 3, but when i loaded them up i just get slightly darker screen, if i changed the Opacity via the overlay options the screen gets darker or lighter and if i change the shrink the scale i just get a 16:9 darker (depending on the Opacity ive set) square scaling smaller on the screen. Any ideas why the actual overlay doesnt show and just a black 16:9 rectangle?