RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• So I have figured out where everything now goes and whatnot. Bought a better than no name bluetooth adapter (not the overpriced Sony one) .Controllers are working flawlessly. If I could get overlays working I would be ecstatic. I actually like 16:9 on most games but some things I would like a border or overlay. Retroarch in general has a lot of changes since the last time I worked with it. Hoping to figure this out in time as well. Just putting the overlays in the directory and selecting them does nothing as well as specifying them in retroarch and core cfgs. Thanks again for the excellent build escalade This is my first experience with libreelec at all and it is heaps better in performace than OE. Wish I would have switched sooner.

• Performance should be the same as on OE, as LE = OE (it's a fork). It's still pretty much the same software. I do have several performance tweaks in my build though, so perhaps that's what makes your experience better.

• while fiddling around with all this and jumping back and forth to get things worked out I noticed libreelec is snappier. Maybe because of my old system lol. Thanks again. its a fantastic build.

• escalade

Thanks for the quick reply. Will try multimedia-tools addon later today when I get home and give that a try. Not sure it will do what I want as everything uses alsa on my system. Volume within Kodi is ok. Dolphin doesn't seem to run through Kodi. I have my TV volume set almost to maximum & control volume through LibreELEC. I set volume lower within Retroarch settings to do the same thing.

Is there anything I can do to get Cubeb working? OpenAL cannot be made to work? From what I understood, reading your link, is that it's not shown by default but is still there. I may be wrong there. I've got no knowledge of that side.

Cheers.

• What, you don't think alsamixer can adjust your alsa volume? ;) Kodi does not have anything to do with the emulators in this build, they are entirely separate applications. Adjusting the volume in Kodi won't have any effect, but the alsa volume will.

OpenAL is disabled entirely for Linux with that PR, because it's worse than other audio backends. Never even heard about cubeb, there shouldn't be any reason to change audio backend you can adjust volume like I explained.

• Thanks for that explanation. I figured Kodi was separate to emulators. That is why I have the volume difference. I have my TV set to nearly maximum volume and usually run Kodi around 50% volume. I understand this is why the emulators sound is so loud.

Installed multimedia-tools script. Did a bit or googling to figure out how to work it. Not sure what I need to do in it.

Changing any of the volumes on the default device makes no difference. My sound goes to my TV via NVidia HDMI out. If I switch to my NVidia card, I only have SPDIF 1, 2 or 3. None of them have volume adjustments.

I've tried to read as much info about it as I could find. There was something about changing settings somewhere but that was in arch Linux. I don't understand the implementation of this or if it is even relevant in your build.

Can I do anything in my asound.conf to solve this? What info would you need?

• 20170819:

• 20170819:

it's possible en .tar for rpi2?

• The LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170809 work with my nvidia ION chipset !!! I'm so happy thank you for your work escalade.

Thnks for my old computer escalade

20170820 uploaded with the Intel AVX2/FMA optimizations mentioned here: Intel Adds AVX2/FMA Optimized Math Functions To Glibc 2.27 - Phoronix

Promises up to 50% better performance (in certain math functions) on Skylake hardware.

So this build is no more compatible with Haswell? My NUC d34010wyk seems to not be a Skylake version...

• All work perfectly for me, but i just have a probleme with emulstation and my gamepad :

My gamepad work in emulstation interface but when i start a game he' not detected... I think it's just a config file to edit but where is the location of this config file ?

thanks

• meldrak

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. There's added optimalization for any CPU that has FMA/AVX instruction set (haswell and up). It's mentioned that during testing Skylake improved up to 50% during certain operations.

alexcraft611

That depends on the type of game you launched, as I use different emulators for certain ROMs. Most likely it's RetroArch, you can find the configuration file in /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg, or joypad autoconfig files in /tmp/autoconfig.