RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• bite_your_idols

Emulationstation depends on lots of libraries that aren't included in LE8. This is the case for several LE addons as well, that is why they either link in statically or copy over a library built from addon-depends.

I think I already answered most of your questions in my previous post. If your workflow is based on copying over binaries and libraries from elsewhere, then you're going to have dependency hell no matter how you look at it. You'll want to look into static linking if you want to support several different platforms.

Hoffy

I'm not here to do support for everybody's obscure problems, you have this issue with vanilla LE as well so ask in a separate thread. If you can't solve it, just get new hardware dedicated to run LE. You can get a cheap older NUC or build something yourself using Intel preferrably. You can get a decent Intel system from China for $100 with shipping.

• Thanks for the reply. I was asking here because that's what you told me to do. A while ago, I started a thread in the normal section and you told me "As you are running my build, you should not expect support outside my topic". Admittedly, that was a question about emulation but I took that to mean in general. My error I guess.

Thanks for the help you have provided up to this point. I really do appreciate it and I understand what you are saying about support for everyone's obscure problems.

I've got most things working well now. Just trying to iron out the final bugs.

• bite_your_idols

Emulationstation depends on lots of libraries that aren't included in LE8. This is the case for several LE addons as well, that is why they either link in statically or copy over a library built from addon-depends.

I think I already answered most of your questions in my previous post. If your workflow is based on copying over binaries and libraries from elsewhere, then you're going to have dependency hell no matter how you look at it. You'll want to look into static linking if you want to support several different platforms.

thanks a lot, again.

• Hi escalade.

Fantastic job, thank you very much!

Confirmed. Wifi is running out of the box again.

Just one more issue i noticed since you switched over to 17.4.

If i choose the Arial font support for asian languages instead of the standard font type , movie subtitles will not be shown correct anymore.

Instead of the asian fonts, there are just white squares shown as subtitles on the screen now.

Edited 3 times, last by Samui (August 8, 2017 at 7:21 PM).

• I'm getting the same. Compared with @chewitt's build and it's the same there. That said, it's always been hit and miss with asian subtitles for me, some time there's white squares then some times it works.

If you find a solution, let me know. Don't really know much about fonts.

EDIT: Following this gave me proper thai subs instead of white squares, so things seems to be working as they should.

• Hi escalade,

thx so much. You are a genius! :)

I followed the links and this procedure (also tested it for e.g. chinese language):

Download arialuni.ttf from http://sourceforge.net/projects/allfonts...rce=navbar

Copy to /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts

Change subtitle font for System in Settings/Video/Subtitles - Text to use for text subtitles

Attached 2 pictures with the important settings for the Aeon Skin:

• Thanks for this build.

I am having issues with controllers on it. Maybe I missed something simple. I am using the X86_64 builds and have tried the last 3 or 4 and what ends up happening is my PS3 controller connects fine in kodi wired and wireless, can be confgured in emulationstation either way, but once retroarch starts the controller does not work. Weirder still the keyboard does not work either unless I shut off the controller. Controller messages still come up in Retroarch when disconnecting and reconnecting the controller. I have tried multiple USB ports, multiple controllers, and unplugged my 360 wireless controller receiver. Also worth noting, the controller when connected in kodi or the emulators, starts lighting up the player 1 led then immediately flips to the player 2 led. When two controllers were connected they ended up player 2 and 4. Any thought from anyone?

FWIW I have had retroarch and PS3 controllers working on this specific PC previously in OE, but after many updates and my install of RA no longer booting I decided to give this build a shot.

PS. this thread is long and the search function and advanced search do not work.

Thanks again for your work on this build.

Edited once, last by Zoltan23 (August 10, 2017 at 6:21 PM).

• Zoltan23

It appears you have the same problem as cragmuer. You don't happen to have a NUC7i5BNK?

The message about the firmware shouldn't be an issue, it looks like it's decreasing the number until it finds the correct firmware file. There's a iwlwifi-8265-27.ucode in /usr/lib/firmware if you look. Also there's no higher number in the linux firmware tree.

You could give my "haswell" build a shot, it uses the 4.13-rc4 kernel so it has the latest and greatest drivers.

• escalade

Its actually a really old AMD setup. I have been holding onto it for dear life. I think its a K8. I notice your builds are geared toward Intel. maybe that is the cause. I should have mention the system in my first post. Maybe its time for me to finally get the cobwebs out of the wallet and build a new HTPC

:)

Thanks for the quick reply. I will update if I solve the issue.

• They're not geared towards anything specific, it's LE Generic with some version bumps here and there. What kind of bluetooth controller do you have? Is it an Intel 8265? Seems to be an issue with that chip.

• I have a Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4 USB dongle. I remember having to do some things to get it working years ago with OE but can not remember what all it entailed. This is where lack of notes bites me in the rear.

• escalade

here are the logs that look to have relevant information.

I am zeroing in on this in the system log -

[ 19.643851] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM20702A1 (001.002.014) build 0000

[ 19.646721] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd failed with error -2

[ 19.646727] Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: Patch brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd not found

In the KODI.log this was repeated thousands of times -

17:08:37.095 T:139763642173184 ERROR: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: ScanEvents: failed to read joystick "Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller" on /dev/input/js1 - 19 (No such device)

17:08:37.095 T:139763642173184 ERROR: AddOnLog: Joystick Support: ScanEvents: failed to read joystick "Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller Motion Sensors" on /dev/input/js0 - 19 (No such device)

02_System.log

03_Hardware.log

06_varlog.log

07_input.log

09_Journal-cur.log

01_KODI.log

Edit: I have found said hcd file on the interweb but am not sure how to proceed from here. I can not just straight up copy it into the correct location.

Edited once, last by Zoltan23 (August 11, 2017 at 8:20 PM).

• Zoltan23

I had the exact same issue as you, literally the exact same. I wasn't using a PS3 controller, I was using a PS4 one instead, but it didn't matter which one I used; all Bluetooth controllers presented the same problem. I also had the same log entries referencing the firmware. While we don't have similar hardware, the problem is definitely the same. However, I have since purchased the Sony Bluetooth USB adapter and I no longer have any issues. So whatever the problem was, it seems that it was likely related to my Bluetooth chipset. I haven't yet had a chance to enable the internal Bluetooth to see if there are any remaining conflicts with my Bluetooth keyboard.

escalade

So everything is working great now that I added the Sony USB adapter except for the touchpad on the controller. It's super sensitive and seems like there's no acceleration being applied. I assume this is because I'm using the USB adapter, but I haven't yet had the chance to dig into where these settings are located or even if it's possible to change (I assume it is).