RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Thank you Escalade ! Is Snes9x-2010-libretro the latest version of Snes9x, or is it "snes9x-libretro" ?
    [hr]
    I also noticed that, probably because of libinput, my Buffalo SNES USB gamepad isn't recognized anymore by Kodi (but it still works with Retroarch since it uses KMS).

Edited once, last by Tromzy (February 28, 2017 at 2:25 PM).

• escalade...

a noob question :huh:

if i update "libreelec" from "Libreelec configuration" (Select "update channel" -> Libreelec 8.0) and (Available versions -> Libreelec 8.0.0), does it broke any thing, such as emulationstation or other?

or how i could update kodi versions?

Edited once, last by gark81 (February 28, 2017 at 3:23 PM).

• Tromzy

I guess snes9x-libretro is the newest codebase, although as far as the libretro ports goes I've seen the most commits on snes9x2010.

gark81

If you install vanilla LE8, it won't have my mods obviously. Update Kodi versions? The Kodi version in my build is more recent than LE8, so....

• Looks good.

Is it possible to load roms/games from usb disk or NAS?.....if yes...........how?

I've done this a long time ago under osmc or openelec and can't really remember the steps.

but what i can remember it was something like this:
    sudo mount -t nfs mynasip:/volume1/roms /home/osmc/roms
    mv RetroPie/roms RetroPie/roms.old
    ln -s /home/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms
    ls /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms

does this above edit the fstab? or isn't that used anymore? because i can't edit the file

• Hey
    Just installed this on my htpc and it runs great. Thsbkyou for all the work you've put in.
    A couple of things I have noticed.
    1. Can't update from stock libreelec as system psrtion is too large for update. So I just started from fresh install.
    2. System seems to start up with num lock enabled by default on my wireless keyboard do have to turn it off as the keys are "shared" on this particular keyboard (does not happen on stock LE8)

Just gotta get all my Rom directories right now and test gaming:)

Thanks.

• Looks good.

Is it possible to load roms/games from usb disk or NAS?.....if yes...........how?

I've done this a long time ago under osmc or openelec and can't really remember the steps.

but what i can remember it was something like this:
    sudo mount -t nfs mynasip:/volume1/roms /home/osmc/roms
    mv RetroPie/roms RetroPie/roms.old
    ln -s /home/osmc/roms /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms
    ls /home/osmc/RetroPie/roms

does this above edit the fstab? or isn't that used anymore? because i can't edit the file

I added my nfs shares in the file \\LIBREELEC\Configfiles\system.d\emulators.mount.

[Mount]
    # The share we want mount
    What=10.0.0.10:/500

• Blackhazard

Not quite sure actually, I've done most of what I set out to do feature wise. Although LE8 has stabilized I'll probably just keep bumping versions where it makes sense and don't break compatibility.

Things I might do:
    - switch from unfs3 to kernel nfs
    - switch from the old uae4arm version to amiberry (sdl2 fork of the amiga emulator on rpi)
    - plex media player (haven't actually tried the new one but it looks interesting)

zebedee

Might be due to the updated kernel or the new libinput driver for xorg. If others have issues I might revert it, although it's supposed to be better at supporting different touchpad functions.

• hi escalade ,thanks for the work ;o)

There is anyway to quit spotify whitout keyboard on my NUC or made it in background process for beeing use whit spotify connect and my smartphone ?

It would be better for the "waf" .

• Blackhazard

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Home.xml

flovanc

You can kill the process through SSH.

crimedogg25

I'm not talking about the Plex Media Server (which is already included in my build), but the Plex Media Player. They already made their own LibreELEC spin, I could either merge their packages into LE like I did with Lakka or I could rebase my commits on their fork to get a pure Plex experience (no Kodi).