RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I've got a 3 year old D54250WYK NUC, it's got a 1.3GHz i5 so nothing fancy. It's almost fast enough to run some Gamecube/Wii games full speed but not quite. Any other emulator runs perfect even with vsync and shaders turned on.

• I've got a 3 year old D54250WYK NUC, it's got a 1.3GHz i5 so nothing fancy. It's almost fast enough to run some Gamecube/Wii games full speed but not quite. Any other emulator runs perfect even with vsync and shaders turned on.

Quick question about vsync and shaders does this have to be done in Emulationstation or retroarch/retroplayer?

If in retroarch where do i go to access the settings?

• Emulationstation is simply a launcher, it has nothing to do with the emulation. Surely you can browse your way through the retroarch menus ;) vsync is enabled by default in retroarch and fs-uae.

Edited once, last by escalade (January 25, 2017 at 5:36 PM).

• Bios in bios folder, then test it. Bcracers works fine with plus_gx for Sega CD, pico for 32x not so much... ill play around with it some more...

es_systems.cfg

Thanks for advice. You are right, with genesis plus gx core it works fine. I managed to run also sega32x with picodrive core which I have copied from retropie image.

• 20170126:

Code
    - Latest Kodi Krypton
    - Added reicast emulator for RPi
    - xf86-video-nvidia 378.09
    - Linux 4.10-rc5
    - Updated packages: mesa, sabnzbd, retroarch, reicast, dolphin, glupen64-libretro, libevdev, pulseaudio

Some interesting new netplay functionality in the new RetroArch version that I haven't tested yet. Game lobbies seem promising :)

Edited once, last by escalade (January 27, 2017 at 12:25 PM).

• Thanks for the update escalade ! What's best for an Intel NUC with a Pentium n3700 CPU : Mupen64 or Glupen64 ? I get crackling sound with both...

I can't speak specifically to mupen64 or glupen64 but I had crackling sound when using mgba on my pi3 (and even worse on my pi2). I *think* it is related to running threaded audio (this is an option buried somewhere in Retroarch but I can't recall right now exactly where). However, in my case, I couldn't get it to run reasonably fast when disabling audio threading...so I just had to live with it.

• Hi escalade,

i have a problem with having no sound if i connect my pi3 with an AVR over HDMI. I found out that i can force the pi to output the sound to the hdmi interface by typing "amixer cset numid=3 2" (Audio configuration - Raspberry Pi Documentation). The problem with this "solution" is that it is not permanently. I have to type this every time i restart the pi. It is not possible to store these values by typing "alsactl store". If i try to use the asound.conf like this:

But than i get an error message:

Code
    speaker-test 1.1.2

Playback device is default
    Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
    Using 16 octaves of pink noise
    Channels count (1) not available for playbacks: Invalid argument
    Setting of hwparams failed: Invalid argument

Is there a possibility to force the hdmi output with the asound.conf? How do i have to configure the asound.conf? Can i alternativly add a script to the startup of the system or of emulationstation?

Regards,
    Jonas

Edited once, last by DoC JoNeS (January 28, 2017 at 10:31 AM).

• I only have this problem if i have my avr connected to my pi. It seems that the pi isn't recognizing the hdmi for the automatic alsa mixer output selection. As i wrote i can solve this issue by typing the "amixer cset numid=3 2" command. Is there any way starting this command when starting up emulation station? I've seen there is an emulationstation.start file which i could use but it is on the read only file system.

• I tried to use the PSX emulation but I believe, my bios isn't found. I use the file 'SCPH7003.bin' for the european version of the PSX in 'roms/bios' but in retroarch I only have a black screen.

Can anyone help please?

• Hello,
    First, thanks for all the good work that you all are doing.

I had till today Libreelec 7.0.3 (Generic build) and I wanted to try this build out.
    At the beginning it didn't allow me to update it because the lack of space. So I have used Gparted to increase the space (to 1GB).
    Afterwards, I have placed the tar file in the update folder (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170126.tar) and the update processes passed smoothly.
    However, after rebooting (after the update process) the screen is currently stuck on the syslinux 6.03 message and doesn't continue any further.
    Do you have any ideas for what went wrong here?
    Thanks in advanced

• I have just tried to create a bootable USB with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170126.img and with Rufus and with Win32Diskimager.
    The USB doesn't boot...
    I have lots of stuff on the storage partition...
    Do I have option to downgrade back to the 7.0.3 without erasing the stuff on the storage partition?
    THx

• Many thanks escalade!
    I have managed to downgrade it to 7.95.1 by overwriting the KERNEL and SYSTEM files in SDA1.
    Still, I really want to upgrade it to your build and it doesn't work on my system,
    Any thoughts why it doesn't?
    BR