Posts by nexusle

Had tried these settings in Default config. Makes not a big difference.

Will try this with a zip archive, thanks.
    [hr]
    Ok. The zip thing was a very good hint :)

Work's perfect now...

Next step: Controller

In FS-UAE the controller is recognized, but only the analog sticks of my PS3 controller from Hama. How I setup controllers for FS-UAE?

Emulationstation same thing but here the controller is completelly unrecognized. The same: how to setup my controller?

In RetroArch the controller is recognized fully. Trsted with picodrive for Sega Genesis.

Hi,

I want to start Emulationstation from the main menu. Mainly I want to use FS-UAE. I have all needed files (kick13.rom, kick30.rom, yojoe.fs-uae) copied to the prefered folders in /storage/roms.

Now, if I choose "Emulators" and Emulationstation starts, I get this message:

Code
    WE CAN'T FIND ANY SYSTEMS!
    CHECK THAT YOUR PATHS ARE CORRECT IN THE SYSTEMS
    CONFIGURATION FILE, AND YOUR GAME DIRECTORY HAS AT LEAST ONE GAME WITH THE CORRECT EXTENSION

What I doing wrong? Is there a HowTo to configure this?

Yes. The Sound is the biggest problem :-/

I'd finished the WHDLoad support. I will provide all informations here soon ;)
    [hr]
    WHDLoad Description

First:

In this solution the "ROM" files are different ".uae" files. So each game have it's own .uae config file. But don't be angry, the .uae file is most the same for all games. Only the path for the second harddrive is different.
    For this Description we use the game "Turrican".

What you need:

• a first harddrive (folder) with AmigaOS 3.1 some system files placed in /storage/emulators/bios
    • a second harddrive (folder) with WHDLoad game files stored in /storage/emulators/roms/amiga_whdload
    • kickstart files in devs:kickstarts (for some AGA games, if you want to use)
    • WHDLoad game Turrican

How to install:

To prepare the System drive copy the following files to a folder (i.e. "WHDLoad_System") in /storage/emulators/bios:

C (dir)
    Execute
    List
    SetPatch
    WHDLoad

S (dir)
    startup-sequence

Devs (dir)
    Kickstarts
    kick40068.A1200

Edit your startup-sequence before like this:

Code
    C:SetPatch QUIET

cd DH1:
    LIST "dh1:#?.slave" to RAM:Slave.txt LFORMAT "C:WHDLoad %s"
    execute RAM:Slave.txt

This will create this batch command:

Code
    C:WHDLoad Turrican.slave

Now copy the files from the install folder of your WHDLoad game Turrican to a folder in /storage/emulators/roms/amiga_whdload/Turrican.

Now let's edit a text file for the configuration of UAE (uae4arm or libretro core) for Turrican:

I have merked some lines red. These lines are essentially for a working solution. Yes, we emulate a A1200 (generally) because some games run faster with this config. For all other games, only the first "filesystem2=" line must be changed. All other settings are the same for each game.

Save this file as "Turrican.uae" and copy it to /storage/emulators/roms/amiga_whdload. It makes sense to name the .uae file exact as the folder for the game.

Now you have finished the prerequistes for my solution of WHDLoad games inside Gamestarter.

Now we must setup Gamestarter (and Advanced Emulation Launcher).

What we need:

• gamestarter_whdload.sh in /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin
    • gamestarter_whdload.start in /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin

Content of gamestarter_whdload.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    . /etc/profile

DIR="/storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter"

systemd-run $DIR/resources/bin/gamestarter_whdload.start "$@" &> /storage/.config/gamestarter.log

Content of gamestarter_whdload.start

The significant changes I made on bite_your_idols original files are the "$2". Search for it, I cant mark things red in code. Some other changes I did only for testing. They maybe don't needed.

Al least we have to modify the categories.xml of Advanced Emulator Launcher in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher

First create a new Game Launcher in Advanced Emulator Launcher in Kodi to get an ID.
    Second open the categories.xml in an editor and search for the newly created entry. I like to post my own entry to show the changes:

The other settings I've copied from Gamestarters Amiga entries.

Now you can scan for new ROMs in Kodi and you should see all your configured WHDLoad games.

Have fun...

EDIT: Note: the game config name should not have spaces!