RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Okay so getting closer.
    Xbox controller works in kodi menu and emulation station menus but not in game?

Also this is output from alsa -L what should conf file be

##############################################
    # LibreELEC #
    # LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20170108
    LibreELEC git: f5dd3bf0f25d600072fa0d355dfe2650c9dac047
    LibreELEC:~ # aplay -L
    null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    sysdefault:CARD=PCH
    HDA Intel PCH, ALC269VB Analog
    Default Audio Device
    front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    Front speakers
    surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
    surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
    surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
    surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
    surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
    surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
    hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0
    HDMI Audio Output
    hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
    HDMI Audio Output
    LibreELEC:~ #

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Unfortunately, the Emulationstation mappings are only used for ES. RetroArch has it's own controller config, so does FS-UAE, VICE and Dolphin.

You should use hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 or hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1 in asound.conf if you want sound through HDMI.

Edited once, last by escalade (January 10, 2017 at 9:47 PM).

• Unfortunately, the Emulationstation mappings are only used for ES. RetroArch has it's own controller config, so does FS-UAE, VICE and Dolphin.

You should use hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 or hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1 in asound.conf if you want sound through HDMI.

Thanks got the sound cheers, so how do I start doing retroarch mappings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• When i had this problem, my "smart" tv automatically overscanned, so i calibrated it in Kodi, but then ES resolution was butched.

When i fixed the TV panning, Kodi and ES resolution were normal (i gues they always were...)

TY. I check my TV settings and changed resolution to by size (dont know how it right in english). Now all is ok.

Отправлено с моего Nexus 5X через Tapatalk

• I have the same issue after upgrading from 20170102. Had to downgrade back to solve the boot loop.

Edited once, last by lefty420 (January 11, 2017 at 11:25 AM).

• Guys, when i try to change language in retroarch nothing occurend. How i can change language in retroarch. and the second question how (or where) i can set a gamepad button combination to easy exit from retroarch?

• No logs no error.

Will try and get a log at some point. The Mrs will kill me if kill the tv again ;) where would I locate the kernel log just in case it's not a kodi issue.
    [hr]

Guys, when i try to change language in retroarch nothing occurend. How i can change language in retroarch. and the second question how (or where) i can set a gamepad button combination to easy exit from retroarch?

Look for hot keys in retroarch input. Set a button to act as the hokey and then set a button to exit.

Edited once, last by lefty420 (January 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM).

• I need help. With controllers. I have: 1 DS3, 1 DS3 compatible (Tracer Trooper BLUETOOTH PS3) and Steam Controller. This 2 DS3 works perfectly. But I can't make to SC to work in Moonlights (so also in Steam Big Picture). I need to notice that all of them works quite well in Kodi.

I know Moonlight have maping function, but I don't know how to attach this map files to an icon in Kodi, which actually starts my Moonlight add-on? Also I think problem is with config in Moonlight. In its options you can pick a *.map file profile for controllers, but only one. So in my case, Moonlight is trying to map DS3 profile to all my controllers. As of that there is a problem with SC.

PS. In Steam run by Moonlight I am able to use all buttons, triggers, joysticks on DS3 pads, but on SC, only analog joystick works.

Any help?

• Hi,

Tried to install your version on my tronsmart iz37 based om recomendation from tronsmart forum

I already have the base libreelec installed with grub and all, and try to use your version as update from tar
    This is based or piotrasd said:
    2607-libreelec-8-special-build-for-iz37-by-tronsmart?limitstart=0#15996

But I get this, with all atom versions I tried: (latest i tried is 0108 - LibreELEC-Generic.Atom.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170108)

*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/ mmcblk0p1 ***
    ### Starting debugging shell ... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can not access tty: job control turned off
    #

Can you help me understand and fix the issue?

maybe this is because the drive is called mmcblk0 ??? (when i install the libreelec base)

Edited once, last by alon24 (January 11, 2017 at 8:21 PM).