RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• If you call getting a logfile a challenge, then I guess so :) I'm guessing you don't have a console because you upgraded from Lakka or whatever. You need "tty" in the kernel commandline (i.e. /flash/syslinux.cfg or /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg for EFI). My builds have that by default when you do a new install. Swapping the harddrive won't work because /var is on tmpfs, but you will be able to edit syslinux.cfg.

I use different HDDs for lakka and LE so it is not the problem...

I burn your build to my flash USB, plug into PC, boot from flash, install LE in HDD, after installation a reboot message appears. After rebooting, LE splash screen appears and then xorg error prompts. If I try to enter console during booting, only cursor appears and then xorg error in every console. If I try to open console after error prompts, just cursor blinking and no text input response.

I understand I need to access "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" to know what is happening, but I don't know how... How do I tty in the command line? using installation USB? Maybe using "live" version instead of installing in the HDD would help?

• Ah, I see why now. Looks like I've lost the commit between branches at some point, I'll enable it for the next release.

If you boot from USB and enter "live" at the boot prompt that should give you a tty so you can check the Xorg log.

• Ah, I see why now. Looks like I've lost the commit between branches at some point, I'll enable it for the next release.

If you boot from USB and enter "live" at the boot prompt that should give you a tty so you can check the Xorg log.

If I enter "live" it tries to boot libreelec, then the same error prompts, and I am in the same situation, no console, no write...
    I have plugged the usb to lakka hdd and I can get syslinux.cfg:

I don't know if I can edit this to "add" a console option to look for the log...

• It's already there, "tty". Missing from the "run" label though. You should have a console with CTRL+ALT+F3, that's weird...

I don't know how but finally i got it...

anything easily fixeable??

• I don't know how but finally i got it...

anything easily fixeable??

I had the same problem yesterday night, trying to test this build on an oldie Athlon desktop with nvidia GForce8200GS.. :s... I presumed the issue was caused by compatibility issues, but when testing with lakka iso's and other *elec's I realized that the problem was something related to device "mapping" with more than 2 local HDD's, one of them with other LibreELEC old installation. (maybe grub, maybe linux kernel, dunno!...) I completely remove any other drives from hardware (Bios Level deactivation at other systems) and do a fresh install. Voala... Problem Solved! Now Im dealing with DS4 configuration thorough a Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) --btusb module-- trying to pair the things up and configure it with LibreELEC UI. :-/

• bite_your_idols

Absolutely, a special version 20161123-2 is uploading for you right now :)

xel_arjona

You're way off :) If either of you actually bothered to read the log, it clearly states:

Code
    The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GPU installed in this system is
    supported through the NVIDIA 304.xx Legacy drivers. Please
    visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html for more
    information.  The 340.98 NVIDIA driver will ignore this
    Continuing probe...

Edited once, last by escalade (November 23, 2016 at 9:13 PM).

• bite_your_idols

Absolutely, a special version 20161123-2 is uploading for you right now :)

xel_arjona

You're way off :) If either of you actually bothered to read the log, it clearly states:

Code
    The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GPU installed in this system is
    supported through the NVIDIA 304.xx Legacy drivers. Please
    visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html for more
    information.  The 340.98 NVIDIA driver will ignore this
    Continuing probe...

My problem was not regarding this same issue. It was something to do with another *ELEC installed on second harddrive and booting (mapping?) problems, it seems that this issue was not liked by Xorg which never could run up. Anyways glad to find solution for bite_your_idols

I have by now my own problems: Both are giving me segfaults, EmulationStation with ld-2.24.so and RetroArch with libGL_nvidia-legacy.so.1:

Code
    [16269.566910] emulationstatio[9716]: segfault at 87 ip 00007f8fb1df4051 sp 00007ffe2ef3ee40 error 4 in ld-2.24.so[7f8fb1deb000+f000]
    [16300.374017] retroarch[9942]: segfault at 6b0 ip 00007fc9d778d769 sp 00007fc9cfa66a68 error 4 in libGL_nvidia-legacy.so.1[7fc9d777e000+2f000]

Retroarch never starts by itself, EmulationStation open quite well its GUI but quit's after trying to launch an emulator. By the way, the DS4 controllers seems to work quite well by now! :D

• Thank you! I will try it tomorrow and I will let you know the results :)

it works like a charm!!! thank you. Now I need to include emulationstation in autostart.sh, piece of cake.

Another question I have lost my ubuntu PC so I can not compile by the moment. I would like an emulationstation binary with shutdown option, so , what is your recommendation as the easiest linux installation just to make compilations? I have a win 10 based laptop. I am considering ubuntu as a dualboot or ubuntu in a VM. I use bash on ubuntu on windows and it works fine for git and basic bash scripts but it always fails when trying to make compilations...

• If you just need it for compiling, a VM is fine. Most LE devs use Ubuntu, personally I prefer Arch. Both should work fine.

Uploading a new nvidia304 build for you now with shutdown options in ES.

• If you just need it for compiling, a VM is fine. Most LE devs use Ubuntu, personally I prefer Arch. Both should work fine.

Uploading a new nvidia304 build for you now with shutdown options in ES.

The shutdown option is there, but it does not work. When selecting it, it comes back to kodi... maybe it is because kodi is waiting to start in the background since I launch emulationstation from autostart.sh

Also I've found that I need to edit kodi keyboard actions because I need to control it with my arcade control panel in case I need to exit manually or enter some setting screens...

WIP...

• thats not going to work ;] well if I will revert back to le 7.0.2 how to get plex on it? ;) do you have any zip to install maybe?

Really wish to stay on your build but its migrating an hour now... Even done reboot already and still the same