RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Ah, seems there's an easy explanation. Both Chrome and Spotify automatically use pulseaudio when run natively. For now you can run "systemctl stop pulseaudio" in ssh or put it in /storage/.config/autostart.sh to disable permanently. I'll put in a fix in the next release.

Edited once, last by escalade (October 31, 2016 at 7:26 PM).

• Ah, seems there's an easy explanation. Both Chrome and Spotify automatically use pulseaudio when run natively. For now you can run "systemctl pulseaudio stop" in ssh or put it in /storage/.config/autostart.sh to disable permanently. I'll put in a fix in the next release.

"systemctl stop pulseaudio" worked for me.

I have added it in autostart.sh and it is working after reboots.

Thanks for the fast response escalade!

• escalade
    Looking forward for the fix in the next build. :)

One more request, if it's not too much to ask, would you consider adding more Asian language font support for Chrome, like Japanese, Korean, Chinese? (Really appreciated that you added Thai font support per my request a few months back.) But if this is a lot of works to do, please ignore it.

Or is this what I can do it myself later after Chrome installed?

Regards.

• Do you actually need all those languages though? I can't imagine you speak all of them :) It's not a lot of work adding fonts, but packages need to be made built and tested. I don't know which TTF's are suitable for those either.

• First of all, great work escalade, I've been enjoying your builds for a few months now. Last update broke Vice for me though. When starting using SSH and x64.start, screen goes black, then back to Kodi, with this message in terminal:

Rate 50.00 Hz not available for this size

The only entry in x64.log is:

x64: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libreadline.so.6: undefined symbol: UP

I've tried different monitor resolutions/rates and I've tried everything I can think of in the Vice config file sdl-vicerc. Not a Linux expert so I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious? Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

• New build 20161102:

- Kodi 17 beta 5
    - Version bumps all around for RetroArch & co
    - Fixed sound in Chrome/Spotify
    - Fixed Vice
    - Mesa update promises 30% better Vulkan performance for Intel

Edited once, last by escalade (November 3, 2016 at 7:44 AM).

• Do you actually need all those languages though? I can't imagine you speak all of them :) It's not a lot of work adding fonts, but packages need to be made built and tested. I don't know which TTF's are suitable for those either.

You are right. I don't know all that languages.
    I just want Asian MV and series display their title correctly. That's all. So for now it's indeed more than ok for me. :) Chrome browsing speed in your build is fantastic. I think it's on par with my Chromebook.

BTW, the latest build still has to disable pulseaudio manually before getting sound to works on Chrome.

Thanks for your works.

• Hi guys. Could I help someone who can tell me this happens to me? I tried 20161102 and 20161103.

First, I've tried the 20161102 with the same flash drive I used to install/upgrade and with whom I have never had problems. And this time I received the error "Filesystem detected corrupted" or something like that. Then I tried to download again the same version 20161102 and I got the same error.

Well, while this has been uploaded version 20161103 and tried with her and I got the same error. I even tried another flash drive and I got the same error.

I do not know if image problem, but apparently I'm the only one with this problem, or problem of MicroSD. Because when you restart normally, the system operates as usual.

I'm sorry for my English :( . I used the google translator. Thank you very much. Greetings.

• I'm having the same issue it appears DaRKeN had. Updated my x86 USB with the 20161103.tar. Update appeared to run just fine. Now I'm getting a 'Filesystem corruption has been detected' message and can't boot libreelec from USB.