RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• l3g0r

Active Port: analog-output-headphones

mtk1

You'll need to wait until I have published the latest changes, I don't have enough disk and hosting for more images.

pletopia

If you have sound in ROMs then you should have sound in Kodi. Make sure that you've selected the correct output in Kodi system settings. Also read page 1, "how to ask support". EDIT: Oh, and LibreELEC-RR was originally based on my package set with the addition of some other frontends AFAIK.

• Hello.

Installed the distribution kit for RPI4 - RetroELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2-devel-20200306010232-251e0c5.img

KODI - loading normally, everything works.

If you load the RETROARCH from under KODI, it works well.

If you load DESKTOP - everything also opens well.

If you load the Emulationstation - it freezes on a black screen.

BUT, if you try to load the Emulationstation from DESKTOP, then it loads, but the gamepad is not detected.

What could be the reason? There may be a problem in f2fs?

• Sorry.. but you didn´t say nothing new for me.

I ask you how i can select hdmi output. What file or option I have to change.. in kodi i can`t select hdmi output..

In kodi output device I have only two options:

Default,Default output device(pulseaudio)

Built-in audio analog stero, headphones(pulseaudio)

No HDMI option:cry:

• Y9svikD.png

New generic image out:

- Added some rice to the Sway desktop (hermit font and new colors for alacritty, swaybar, tighter gaps, new background, colors)

- Focused window can now be closed by right-clicking the swaybar

- Added pamixer and set unmuted + 100% volume during boot (might help some setups)

- Updated SDL2 to fix the Emulationstation input issue

- CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_DEFERRED_TAKEOVER=y kernel option for less flickering during boot

RPi images are building.

• Hey,

can you check the CEC function in the XU4 Image?

I have updatetet to RetroELEC-OdroidXU3.arm-9.2-devel-20200309123837-251e0c5.img and now CEC don't work anymore. The boot.ini has be changed to "setenv cecenable "true" # false or true". and the settings are the same.

A older version from your image was working fine.

• RPi 4 - RetroELEC-RPi4.arm-9.2-devel-20200313023133.img

EmulationStation also does not start from under KODI - black screen :(

Providing a zip of the log files as described in the first post will help escalade identify the root problem.

• This job is amazing but i have some Questions:

what are the overclock values preconfiugred por Rthe RPI distribution?

How can i Add more cores manually to retroarch (Since i dont have the core downloader option) ?

My issues:

I cant access Emulation station from Kodi, just pop up a blackscreen (i have already did the UTF-8 LOCALE)

Sway cant download the firefox.

Best regards

• escalade starting to think I need to move away from my current setup to something new of the specific hardware builds you maintain what can each run or what would you recommend? At the very least id like to be able to run ps2 maybe gamecube/wii pretty sure at this point I dont need ps3 but I could change my mind.

• If you enjoy emulating things like PS2/Wii/GC, I'd say go for at least an i5 NUC. My NUC8 can do most Wii games at 3x native resolution without breaking a sweat but struggles with some PS2 titles for example. PS3 titles like NBA Jam run beautifully, while others are way too heavy.

• I have this issue as well with an Intel NUC and a Celeron J3455 CPU, no HDMI option, only Pulseaudio as described above. Running your Generic image from 20200312

escalade, any ideas?

Here's my

Code
    pactl list sinks | pastebinit

: ttp://http://ix.io/2fbj

Edited 2 times, last by slacker666 (March 24, 2020 at 9:39 PM).

• Hi guys,

has anyone gotten non-latin fonts to work with Firefox ?

I've installed Google's Noto fonts (complete package). font-cache lists them. FF shows them under 'Preferences', but does not render, for example, Chinese websites correctly.

The settings in FF looks similar to the one's on my Ubuntu desktop (here rendering works fine).