RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I will most likely continue making updates, just at this point I'm not sure to what degree I will focus on Kodi if at all. I still consider LibreELEC as the perfect JeOS for emulators :D

Since we're talking about emulators. Are you able to compile and start the latest ppsspp version (01be9ff)? First it failed to start because of a missing libsnappy.so lib so I added a snappy package and build a shared library. Now I can start games but ppsspp fails to load and I get the following dmesg output:

Code
    [ 1178.032331] retroarch[1729]: segfault at 968 ip 00007fdff139d52d sp 00007ffea28a7a80 error 4 in libX11.so.6.3.0[7fdff1368000+125000]
    [ 1182.708851] retroarch[1746]: segfault at 968 ip 00007f492db7f52d sp 00007ffe613acf10 error 4 in libX11.so.6.3.0[7f492db4a000+125000]
    [ 1187.822172] retroarch[1763]: segfault at 968 ip 00007fb7be39b52d sp 00007fff8ea4f770 error 4 in libX11.so.6.3.0[7fb7be366000+125000]

When I create a "nokms" file in the retroarch folder I can start ppsspp and it works fine but all other libretro cores fail to start then.

Well this gave me some headache ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• For some reason after latest update, EmulationStation won't launch anymore, I get a black screen for one second and get kicked back to Kodi. What log can I open to see the problem ? Thanks.

• LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS

How to ask for support:

1. If your problem exists on regular LibreELEC then create a new thread. That means you should compare with regular LE if possible.

2. Reproduce your issue then post the zip file from the logshare together with information about your hardware.

3. Ignore these instructions and you will be ignored (or maybe insulted depending on the mood).

Provide Log File [LibreELEC.wiki]

• escalade

Well looks like recent spotify versions need "libcurl-gnutls.so.4"? I was thinking about enabling gnutls for curl but there is a note that suggests to build it without. Any hints about that?

Actually this bug should be fixed #14674 ([RPI] Videos played from https (and webdavs etc.) don't play) – Kodi - TRAC

spotify.log

Sending action: RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-suspend.py)

/storage/.cache/app.spotify/spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Job for kodi.service canceled.

Edited once, last by 5schatten (April 19, 2018 at 8:31 PM).

• escalade

Thx I already found the source package for libcurl-compat ;) Is this lib needed for other packages too? My solution was to enable gnutls & add a new line to cp a l"ibcurl-gnutls.so.4" additionally to libcurl-compat.so but could I just rename the compat lib & change the LD_PRELOAD in the shell script?

It's pretty strange... I can also compile ppsspp but still get a segfault when starting in KMS mode. You use GL or Vulkan as backend?

• That you can find out by using find and grep. As for libs, you need to provide those the application are linked against. That can be done in different ways. Google LD_PRELOAD for an explanation on what that actually does and then you have your answer.

I use GL.

• Hello,

i have a problem with your release. I installed it on a sdcard with libreelecinstaller, but will not start on my Raspberry Pi 3 b+.

There are no error messages, it freezes at the libreelec bootlogo.

Have anyone sugestion what i do wrong?

• I have another question related to EmulationStation : does it still get updated ? The new Recalbox has fancy new themes and stuff, but I don't think they are compatible with our version of Emulationstation, is it possible to get their version of ES ?

• For some reason after latest update, EmulationStation won't launch anymore, I get a black screen for one second and get kicked back to Kodi. What log can I open to see the problem ? Thanks.

So, I still have this problem but unfortunately, it does not write anything in the logfiles. Is there another logfile elsewhere for EmulationStation ?

• Hello,

i have a problem with your release. I installed it on a sdcard with libreelecinstaller, but will not start on my Raspberry Pi 3 b+.

There are no error messages, it freezes at the libreelec bootlogo.

Have anyone sugestion what i do wrong?

should probably try a different sd card to begin with.

• escalade

"...note that the wxWidgets GUI is now deprecated so it will not be seeing any new updates from now on, and will be removed before the next stable release."

Dolphin Emulator - The Legend of Dolphin: A Lens Between Worlds

So I guess we need some kind of additional QT framwork in the future to build dolphin for example like this package?

I took this as inspiration LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at 8.2 · thoradia/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub and created two new packages that both build fine.

qt-everywhere: initiate package v5.10.1 · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv@be570c3 · GitHub

pcre2: initial package v10.31 · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv@de9f3a7 · GitHub

Then I changed the dolphin package file and followed those instructions:

Building With Qt · dolphin-emu/dolphin Wiki · GitHub

When I now try to compile dolphin while QT support is enabled I get this error:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any suggestions?

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (May 2, 2018 at 4:51 PM).

• 5schatten

I've been using an older version of escalades 8.2-20170907 as the newer ones have had various issues for me. I'm a huge fan of his builds because they are so well integrated.

I tried to update to his latest version but couldn't get tvheadend to work, (error returned :could not connect to 127.0.0.1) even though all aspects were enabled and configured correctly. I've reverted to my old version for now.

My question is, is there anyone using tvheadend on your build or is there another viable tv addon recommended?

I'd love to have the new Dolphin version when it becomes available and the PS2 (which I don't currently have on this build)

Regards.

• I use tvheadend by myself and it runs fine. Escalade upgraded libva but the compatible tvheadend version is linked against an older libva version and crashs because it can't find the recent ones.

After a clean install or upgrade from an ancient version you should try this:

LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib 
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-drm.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-drm.so.1
    ln -s /usr/lib/libva-x11.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva-x11.so.1