Posts by bunter fisch

Hi,

on my TV from LG i've enabled overlay (LG calls this "Just scan") and the format is set to "original". This looks very good for the kodi gui. When overlay is disabled parts of the kodi gui disappear under the edges of the display. But when i start a video i have black borders around the video. There are no borders when i disable just scan but now the kodi gui looks terrible.

Can i have both?

Use GUI.ShowNotification:

Code
    curl -fs -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ShowNotification","params":{"title":"'"<TITLE>"'","message":"'"<MESSAGE>"'","image":"'"info"'","displaytime":'"10000"'},"id":1}' http://<HOST>:8080/jsonrpc

Read here for info about params. It works for me.

I was able to build this script into my shell script but i failed with the image. I could replace <MESSAGE> with my message text. When i do the same with the image path the notification doesn't work. i tried:

Code
    "image":"'"/path/to/image.png"'"

What is wrong here? In terminal (SSH) there is the error

Code
    syntax error: unterminated quoted string

Hi,

when my TV is on when the pi is started i can't control kodi with the tv remote using cec. I have to turn out the pi and start it again. I don't use it so offen here so its not running 24/7. The pi is more a replacement for the poor smart function of my 6 years old tv. I've tried other hdmi ports and switching between hdmi inputs when cec doesn't work - not success. The only thing i can do is restart. Is there anything i can do?

Hi,

is there any way to change settings (resolution, brightness, framerate, ...) using the command line and map such a command to a key on the keyboard or the remote? All settings most be stored somewhere so maybe i can change this file or what else using a command instead of using the gui. I think this can be useful when some videos need very special settings. i watch downloaded video from youtube where i have to change the bightness every time i start a video.

BF

Hi,

i have mounted some network shares from other devices in libreelec. When then mount libreelec in my computer to copy files to the hard drive i also see that shares from other devices. Lets say the usb drive of my router is mounted to /var/media/router and i can access to the share with kodi. When i access from my pc to libreelec i also see my router.

Mounting my hard drives to my pc works, but i don't unterstand why. I assume this is realized with the [global] section in samba.conf. This is how this section looks on my machine.

Hi,

i use Libreelec 9.0.1 and the Xonfluence Skin. In Settings / Power saving / Shutdown function i have set up 'shutdown'. But when i press the button there is the shutdown menu where i can choose Exit or Power off System and others. I use this IR-Receiver (index.php). The cable that normally connects the Button with the Pinon the Mainboard to Power off the device goes to the IR-Receiver and from there an extra cable to the Pin. This worked since years. I only use the IR-Receiver to Power the device on not to control Kodi when its running. For that i have an other IR-Receiver (MCE Remote). Power on with the Remote and with the On/Off Button works. Power off with the remote works also but first the shutdown menu opens and then the device goes down. So i think there is the same problem but the shutdown works because the remote sends an additional shutdown command to the MCE receiver.

Any idea why it isn't working with the on/Off Button?

Hi,

my bluetooth headphones work very good with libreelec 9 and with audio profile i can switch between my profiles. i don't want to auto-connect to my headphones, but the way to pair them is very awkward. is there a way to create a new home screen button that pairs the bluetooth device? pressing on that button should be the same when i go to libreelec configuration / bluetooth / <bluetooth device>.

My skin is Xonfluence, i can create new home screen butons very easy, i only need to know the "command" that starts the pairing process.

Bunter Fisch

Hi,

i've installed LibreELEC 8.2.5 on my Raspberry Pi 3 with onBoard-Wifi, but i can't get it to work. There isn't anything to activate Wifi in the LibreELEC-Settings. I've disabled wired network and restartet the pi. Is there any known problems with the onboard wifi? wifi works when i use a usb dongle without any problem.

bunter fisch

I'll test it.

The main reason i use a graphic card instead the onboard hdmi is that with the onboard graphic the screen is black when i start tv and htpc in the wrong order (the old known problem). at that time the workarounds didn't work with that gpu (amd radeon r3; the board is a asrock am1h-itx). does this problem still exists. maybe i don't need the gt710 anymore.

Since a few weeks i have the problem that sometimes i have a black screen after starting the machine, also if the tv is on before the htpc starts. this doesn't occur with older version but i can't remember this happens for the first time. CvH gave me the tip to try LE with an older nvidia driver (Releases · sammy2142/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub). what is the last version of LE Remix with that old driver?

This could be the problem, but i use Libreelec remix. At the moment i install LE completely new and i will try and older version. It seems version under 8.1.x don't have this problem. first i'll try the same LE-remix-version i've installed for the very first time (from august 2017).

edit

i have also problems with ubuntu 16.04.4 (kernel 4.15), but not directly after boot. sometimes the screen is black, looks like 'power management' but i can't wake up the screen using mouse or keyboard. after a while the screen works. i hadn't his problem with ubuntu 16.04.3 (kernel 4.13). is the driver changed in the new kernel?

also tried the onboard graphic output instead of the graphic card. the same here but there is an error (sometimes):

Code
    [ FAILED ] Failed to start xorg server.
    [ DEPEND ] Dependency failed for Fluxbox Windows Manager
    [ DEPEND ] Dependency failed for Unclutter hides the mouse pointer when you don't need it
    [ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface
           Starting intel switch to full range
    [ OK ] Started Intel switch to full range
           Starting Kodi Media Center ...
    [ OK ] Started Kodi Media Center
    [ OK ] Reached target Kodi Mediacenter interface.

when i use the grapgic card the onboard graphic is disabled in uefi.

EDIT

maybe my 4k-tv makes problems? i downgraded to the libreelec 8.0.2 (because i used this version for several month in 2017 without any problems) and the reaction time of kodi are very slow, because the resolution is set to 4k. maybe newer versions have other problems with that?