Black Border when Overlay is enabled

• Hi,

on my TV from LG i've enabled overlay (LG calls this "Just scan") and the format is set to "original". This looks very good for the kodi gui. When overlay is disabled parts of the kodi gui disappear under the edges of the display. But when i start a video i have black borders around the video. There are no borders when i disable just scan but now the kodi gui looks terrible.

Can i have both?

• Official Post

"Just scan" will display a PC/RPi video output 1-on-1 pixelwise on the TV. So far, all good.

Disabling it will revert the TV to the default "overscan" setting that lots of TVs still have as a souvenir from the old bulky CRT screens.

So what resolution is your TV at, and what sort of video size are you trying to play?

Handing over a debug-enabled kodi.log would a good start.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • OK, here is a log:

Log

First i thought the problem appears when the resolution is not exactly 1920x1080, but here i have a video with the correct resolution and with black borders and an other video with the same resolution and without borders.