RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Thx I was on the right way but haven't figured out where all the proto packages were used. Do you have to disable meson too to build xserver? Otherwise it fails cause xdmcp is missing even though it's disabled.

FinnWest

Recent kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git - Repository of firmware blobs for use with the Linux kernel files included updated ath10k firmware and probably that's the reason other builds failed to initialize the wifi module. See Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 - Gentoo Wiki for further information.

• So it's not all about the kernel and it should work with 4.15 too.

EDIT:

gwilly7

AMDGPU DC is what allows for atomic mode-setting support, HDMI/DP audio, will allow for open-source mainline FreeSync support, and other modern display features. Up to now on Linux 4.15 and 4.16, the amdgpu.dc=1 kernel command-line argument was needed for turning on the support.

Linux 4.17 To Enable AMDGPU DC By Default For All Supported GPUs - Phoronix

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (March 21, 2018 at 7:19 PM).

• Maybe it's a bit tricky to select the right output device? My apollo lake based board is some kind of special too. After selecting 60Hz refresh rate the audio output is broken for example. Otherwise 50Hz and adaptive framerate works flawless. Also I had to select the DP audio device even 4 HDMI outputs were listed.

• Hey guys, I've updated to a pi3 and I've installed the latest build, and I'm having the quirky controller issue with retroarch again. In the past I was able to get it working, and I posted my vague instructions here. RomMon later came across the same issue and that same process worked for him; however, a bit later RomMon was discussing the issue again. TheCouchMonster and craigmillard joined the conversation #71028 and #71707.

A few months later RomMon posted his new fix and that worked for craigmillard , but that doesn't seem to be helping me.

RomMon menitoned copying his config files over

~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

~/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg

Strangely, ~/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/ doesn't exist. Could this be a change in the structure of the newest build or could it have something to do with me using the pi image rather than the generic one that RomMon and craigmillard are using? Anyway, I created the folder and copied everything but I'm still fighting this issue.

Basically if both a ps3 controller and keyboard are connected when I launch a game, no input works. If I shut off or unplug the ds3, I can then use the keyboard as normal ... I used the process I mentioned here to bind keys in retroarch for the ds3. Now, If I load a game with the keyboard in eS and then connect the ds3 afterwards, I can almost use the controller. d-pad right triggers the retroarch menu, which causes the keyboard/ps3 controller lock issue and I have to disconnect the ds3 in order to navigate retroarch.

For fun, I changed the emulator-frontend.conf to boot retroarch instead of emulation station, but I get the exact same issue.

If anyone has any ideas they'd like to toss out, please help.

• I am trying to get the emulators to work with this build and I having issues. I did a fresh install of the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180212.img build. When I select "Emulators" from the left menu I get an emulationstaion screen that comes up and says "We can't find any systems! Check that your paths are correct in the systems configuration file and your game directory has at least one game with the correct extension"

I have yet to move any roms over but should it not come up with at least the emulators? If not how do I add the emulators to it?

• I am trying to get the emulators to work with this build and I having issues. I did a fresh install of the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180212.img build. When I select "Emulators" from the left menu I get an emulationstaion screen that comes up and says "We can't find any systems! Check that your paths are correct in the systems configuration file and your game directory has at least one game with the correct extension"

I have yet to move any roms over but should it not come up with at least the emulators? If not how do I add the emulators to it?

First things first. Move your roms into the specifiv /storage/roms/*consolename* folder and then start emulationstation/retroarch. Emulationstation scans all the folders with roms and only shows those avaible.

• I have two issues with the emulator

1) No sound. I assume I have to look for the .config file via SMB. I will try that. I have no idea what to do with the sound config file nor how to do a speaker test command.

2) When I scrape a game and get everything it looks fine. After I quit back to Kodi and come back into the emulator all the scrapped information is gone. How can I save this information?

3) I have a bluetooth dongle that says it works with linux but in settings for libreelec bluetooth remains disabled.

Log is here

hardware is NUC DC3217IYE with Wifi card installed but no bluetooth

Edited once, last by bc320 (March 25, 2018 at 10:50 PM).

Emulationstation setup

Gamelists are disabled, if you want to use scraping edit /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf and remove --ignore-gamelist from the arguments. Out of the box it will look for roms in /storage/roms. BIOS files are under /storage/roms/bios. Configured input controllers are DS3/DS4 (bluetooth) and keyboard.

Emulated games don't have any sound!

All the emulators use ALSA by default. Some times there are more than one sound card or more than one output and the sound will go to the wrong place by default. In this case you should have a look at /storage/.config/asound.conf.sample. Use it as a template and save the edited one as /storage/.config/asound.conf. When done correctly the command "speaker-test" should output noise.

It's generally a good idea to turn off "keep audio device alive" under system audio settings in Kodi. That will stop Kodi from hogging your audio device, which can prevent other applications from using it.

LE8 - ALSA configuration file

The NUC has no onboard bluetooth Intel® NUC Kit DC3217IYE Product Specifications so I can only guess what's wrong. Post the output of dmesg or at least the brand of your bluetooth dongle.

• let's forget the bluetooth for the moment. I am more interested in sound and not saving metadata issue. To be clear I have sound when moving through Kodi (I get the clicks) just not on emulation station.

I keep changing and installing/reinstalling the OS so I have yet to load movies/tv shows.

I think the bluetooth issue may be because I need to install drivers for the dongle and would need a more complete version of Linux to do so. The dongle is this

• Metadata :

"Gamelists are disabled, if you want to use scraping edit /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf and remove --ignore-gamelist from the arguments. Out of the box it will look for roms in /storage/roms. BIOS files are under /storage/roms/bios. Configured input controllers are DS3/DS4 (bluetooth) and keyboard."

All the emulators use ALSA by default. Some times there are more than one sound card or more than one output and the sound will go to the wrong place by default. In this case you should have a look at /storage/.config/asound.conf.sample. Use it as a template and save the edited one as /storage/.config/asound.conf. When done correctly the command "speaker-test" should output noise.

It's generally a good idea to turn off "keep audio device alive" under system audio settings in Kodi. That will stop Kodi from hogging your audio device, which can prevent other applications from using it.

• "

It's generally a good idea to turn off "keep audio device alive" under system audio settings in Kodi. That will stop Kodi from hogging your audio device, which can prevent other applications from using it."

I read that many times. so much so I missed the metadata one. I don't understand what changes to make where.

• From the file asound.conf.sample

Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'

default "hdmi: CARD=PCH,DEV=0"

Download and use Putty.exe --> aplay -L

Edit asound.conf.sample and save as asound.conf

• From the file asound.conf.sample

Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'

default "hdmi: CARD=PCH,DEV=0"

Download and use Putty.exe --> aplay -L

Edit asound.conf.sample and save as asound.conf

Mine says "default "hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=1""

Tried to use putty but I could not login. I have no password set on the box yet but Putty would not let me bypass the "password" entry option. I tried disabling the SSH Password on the box under LibreElec Services but it did not work.

I opened the sample file and changed if first to match the default above. I saved it as a CFG file. I cannot seem to convert to CONF files and don't know what the difference is.

That did not work.

I tried changing the DEV=1

That did not work

I then went back to what mine said and changed DEV=0

I am pretty sure I could make all sorts of changes to this file right but they will not work without getting in via SSH and Putty.