Posts by dtw_2000

I think the brave browser update script might be broken. I did a fresh install of both the latest generic 10.x and mater-rr builds on an old dell optiplex a few days ago with the intention of replacing a laptop with this machine. I didn't think much of it until I went to current laptop kodi setup, also an older dell machine on a previous 10.x build, and I tried to run brave there. It always downloads the latest build of brave before launching.

In both cases, the script downloads the latest version of brave, says the download is complete and is installing the package. Then it says, brave browser is not installed and can not be launched. This has been working on the laptop setup for probably a year or so.

Any body else getting this?

(Update)

I installed the latest RR and it's working, now. I had previously I mucked with SSH keys, and that may have caused me issues with pulling the brave update. I'm not sure, but it probably wasn't working because of me.

I got it working! Woohoo!

I did another fresh install using the newest pi build from 5schatten on my pi3. I copied RomMon config files. Then I setup my controller in kodi and eS. When I booted a rom. I got the exact same weird issues I described before. All buttons seemed to be working except D-pad right would trigger the retroarch menu and would lock up controls with the keyboard until I disconnected the controller. I poked around and I found under 'Input>hotkey binds>menu toggle' it was set to PS (i think) ... I reset that using the PS button, it's now registered as 10 ... all the problems seem to be fixed.

I copied my configs over to my pi2 running the latest pi build from escalade and its working beautifully! Thanks guys!

Hey guys, I've updated to a pi3 and I've installed the latest build, and I'm having the quirky controller issue with retroarch again. In the past I was able to get it working, and I posted my vague instructions here. RomMon later came across the same issue and that same process worked for him; however, a bit later RomMon was discussing the issue again. TheCouchMonster and craigmillard joined the conversation #71028 and #71707.

A few months later RomMon posted his new fix and that worked for craigmillard , but that doesn't seem to be helping me.

RomMon menitoned copying his config files over

~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

~/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg

Strangely, ~/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/ doesn't exist. Could this be a change in the structure of the newest build or could it have something to do with me using the pi image rather than the generic one that RomMon and craigmillard are using? Anyway, I created the folder and copied everything but I'm still fighting this issue.

Basically if both a ps3 controller and keyboard are connected when I launch a game, no input works. If I shut off or unplug the ds3, I can then use the keyboard as normal ... I used the process I mentioned here to bind keys in retroarch for the ds3. Now, If I load a game with the keyboard in eS and then connect the ds3 afterwards, I can almost use the controller. d-pad right triggers the retroarch menu, which causes the keyboard/ps3 controller lock issue and I have to disconnect the ds3 in order to navigate retroarch.

For fun, I changed the emulator-frontend.conf to boot retroarch instead of emulation station, but I get the exact same issue.

If anyone has any ideas they'd like to toss out, please help.

escalade

Thank you for the continued work you put into this build. Its awesome. Thank you.

For anyone having controller issues.

I wanted to share my experience regarding recent Bluetooth controller issues. This is a retroarch issue, not an le8 remix issue. This isn't very specific, quite vague, and I don't really know how I fixed my problem, but I thought it might help someone.

I haven't fired up emulationStation in a while, but I regularly update le8 remix on my pi2(s), its the best thing I've used since using the original xbox days from years ago. I booted a rom last weekend, and the controller would not work in retroarch. It worked in kodi. It worked in emulation station. However, it did not work in retroarch at all. I've searched through the forum and seen others mentioning similar issues. I messed around with it for a few hours and it finally got it working on one of my pi2's, but not the other. I was convinced it was because of the bluetooth dongle. This weekend and swapped my bluetooth dongles and it didn't change anything for either of my pi2's. I spent a few hours this weekend and got it working for my other pi2 (with the different dongle).

This is what I (kinda) think solved my issue. I first got my ps3 controller working in kodi. Then I booted into eS and got the controller working there ... Then I exited back to kodi. I ssh'd into the pi2 and ran either the retroarch.sh or retroarch.start (not sure it it matters) with the ps3 controller disconnected. If I connected the ps3 controller, the d-pad didn't work quite right and it screwed up the keyboard input ... So make sure the ps3 controller is disconnected ... I navigated to input with a usb keyboard. I turned on the option to allow all controllers to navigate retroarch menu then I went to controller one bind all ... at this point I turned on the ps3 controller and I found that I could configure the ps3 controller. It then sort of worked, some buttons didn't, it still had some weird issues. I could navigate the menu in retroarch with both my keyboard and ps3 controller ... If I loaded a rom, then D-pad right would bring me back to the retroarch menu rather than send right to the emulator, but most of the other buttons worked as is. However, when I exited retroarch back to kodi and went to emulators (emulation station) as normal ... it just worked. It just works now. I'm not really sure what did it. I had previously copied the entire retroarch and emulation station folder under ./config from the working pi to the non-working one, and the non working didn't start work, but doing what I described above resulted in it just working again (i think).

This is vague, but it did finally work. I hope this helps someone.

There isn't a solution for that AFAIK. I don't know if it's a technical issue with the kernel driver, or if it's with the BlueZ bluetooth stack, but it's definitely not a LibreELEC specific issue. Same problem with the DS4 as well, quite annoying.

This is what I'm using until the bluetooth issue is fixed: create /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/joystick.xml

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <keymap>
      <FullscreenVideo>
        <joystick>
          <guide>noop</guide>
          <back>ActivateWindow(Home)</back>
        </joystick>
      </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

Now, I can start a video and force shutdown the controller without interfering with kodi. It's not a perfect solution, but workable.

I've been using kodi/xbmc since the OG xbox days. kodi has moved along tremendously, but I've always missed using a gamepad and having quick access to retro emulators since moving to the pi/pi2. Thank you for this build!

I use my PS3 controller. The controller never auto disconnects. Any suggestions on getting it to send a sleep signal to the PS3 controller if there is no input after a while (5 minutes)? As it currently stands, I manually hold the "Playstation" button until it shuts off the controller. However, if I start a video and press/hold the "Playstation" button, it switches to the home screen. I found this and tried the suggestion hoping it would ignore a long press. Also I've tried putting other custom PS3 keymaps in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ to override the PS3 keymap, but I'm not having any luck. I should mention I'm on the Nov 10 2016 build.