RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi

I have a problem with uae4arm on my RPI3 (more precisely uae4arm.start script)

When closing the emulator my TV display only a black screen.

It's the exact same problem that was described here:

Hi escalade,

it seems that the tvservice command at the end of the uae4arm script causes the issue. I can reproduce it by typing the command any time when kodi or emulation station is running no matter i use mode 31 or mode 16.

Do you have any idea about this? I use a pi3 with a 1080p display connected via HDMI.

Regards,
    Jonas

If I tape tvservice -e 31 or 16 or -p in putty when running kodi or emulationstation I have the same result (black screen).

But then if I tape emulationstation.start it works again.

So I have 2 questions:

1. How can I modify uae4arm.start script to disable tvservice change to test if it works?

2. Do you have any idea to fix this problem on the rpi?

Thank you

• bigboo

1. You can create your own uae4arm.start in /storage.

2. I'm not convinced it is a problem (for everyone). The command simply switches between 50Hz/60Hz and it worked fine when I had my RPi3. I don't have a Pi any more though so I can't be of help. You'll definitely want 50Hz for Amiga games though.

• hi escalade iv just installed yor libreelec remix

LE8 "Remix"

all works great but im having no luck loading n64 roms from retroarch are emulationstation it reverts back to emulationstation. but n64 roms work if i use internet archive launcher instead of emulationstation any help plz. thanx for the great work

• When I want to migrate from regular LibreELEC to this LE8 "Remix", and want to keep my settings can I just do the following?

• backup Kodi and LibreELEC settings in the existing regular LibreELEC install
    • install LibreELEC remix (fresh install, I tried installing it over the regular install, but that wouldn't work)
    • restore Kodi and LibreELEC settings

Would that work? Would I retain my addons etc?

• Ok, I fixed the video for PS2 by going with openGL (Software) and clearing almost every setting. Had to set the preset to 5 or 6 to get it to play at a normal speed. But no matter what I do the sound is kind of garbled with a light static sound and games are a little glitchy. Most cinematics sound fine though. I read on the first page of pcsx web site that this is normal for ps2. So I guess this is as good as it gets. Also most roms for n64 emulation is horrible. Do not think it is worth it. I will try a few more before i quit.

• Im having this same issue with a fresh install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171121!!:(

Any tips to fix it, i can get the ps3 controller via usb to part work like RomMon but the guide in #2063 hasnt helped:(

Im not using bluetooth here either..

Edited once, last by craigmillard (December 1, 2017 at 9:08 AM).

• Hi everyone,

I've been using this for a while, very pleased. Lately I've been running it on my Raspberry Pi3. My kids are now quite used to playing PSX games on it. For some reason, I'm experiencing quite a drop in performance in the latest build from 20171121.

Does anyone have tips to get the most performance out of the RPI3 for emulating PSX games with this LibreElec custom version?

Thanks!

• Im having this same issue with a fresh install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171121!!:(

Any tips to fix it, i can get the ps3 controller via usb to part work like RomMon but the guide in #2063 hasnt helped:(

Im not using bluetooth here either..

@craigmillard

Indeed an annoying issue. The first time I tried #2,063 it worked flawlessly. Must be something small I did differently I suspect.

I pasted my working retroarch.cfg config here

And the udev config here

File locations:

~/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg

~/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/udev/PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg

Maybe you should verify that your controllers are the same as mine:

• hey, quick question. My CPU supports avx2 so I'd like to install related build intel-core-avx2. I was not able to find an image file for this build, just few tars, what's the easiest way to create img from tar?

• rooty

Read first the readme on google drive (link from the first page).

There are probably other ways to achieve this, but the following should work.

- With the image from the archive folder on google drive (which is a .img.gz) you can create a bootable stick using the libreele_usb_sd_creator.

- After installation of this image you can just transfer the intel-core-avx2 image from google drive to /storage/.update/, and reboot. Again read the readme in the avx2 folder on google drive to verify your hardware matches the image.

• Thanks RomMon, i dumped those configs in to replace mine and now my controller works as it should!:)

I also ran sdl2-jstest and mine is identical to yours..

Only thing is now i have no sound in any of the emulators, the retroarch config looks the same for audio as mine did which was working..

The audio device is alsathread.

Audio does work in emulation station and kodi and i have turned off keep alive/play low level audio in kodi.

Any idea on what i should be changing as it must be something in the retroarch conf..

• @craigmillard

I have not looked if my config contains sound config. If it does, it might be wrong for your hardware.

Verify that first.

Have a look at the first page, to be sure you don't miss anything.

Kodi is using Pulsaudio, both RetroArch and EmulationStation are using Alsa (and so is Chrome and Spotify).

(so if it works in ES it should work also in RA)

Just to be sure:

If you already did your alsa config you can perform a speaker test (it should give noise):

Code
    speaker-test

If there is no noise, you need to configure '/storage/.config/asound.conf' using the correct details from the 'aplay -L' output.

Also mention your hardware details. Maybe someone with the same hardware can help.

• I did try the speaker-test and all was fine, getting sound. It was working in emulation station too which also uses alsa too so wierd! I have merged your controller changes into my retroarch and now it is working both controller and sound!:)

I only have one issue left now! N64 Roms wont load, same as Chopper above.. select the game - loads to black screen the back to emulation station..

Looking in the log pack attached its the following:

[ERROR] [GL]: Failed to initialize VAOs.

[ERROR] [Video]: Cannot open video driver ... Exiting ...

[ERROR] Fatal error received in: "init_video()"

[ERROR] This core requires a content file.

Any ideas?

• craigmillard

Try running touch /storage/.config/retroarch/nokms in a terminal. Perhaps your GPU has issues with KMS mode for some reason.

Thanks escalade, although it was my fault! I thought i had put the latest build on but i had used 14-11/2017 by mistake!:(

I upgraded and now all is working!:)

On to getting the ps2 emu going!!

• craigmillard

I doubt PS2 will run very good for you as your CPU does not support hw OpenGL and it's not fast enough to do sw.

In other News, 20171205 is uploading. This may be my final LE8 release as it's soon time to rebase on LE9 and Kodi 18.

An interesting change is that you can now change the root password.