Posts by reynard80

I have a pretty old but great streacom chassis with the built-in USB IR receiver. Not the FLIRC SE one, but the regular, first one. If I remember correctly, it was recognized as a Holtek device back in the OpenElec days. It's running LibreElec 10.0.1 on an older Asus E-350 ITX motherboard.

It used to work great with a generic Lenovo branded MCE remote; I guess an RC-6 one. This remote recently broke, so I've bought a One for All programmable remote.

I can't get this remote to work properly though: it seems for every button the first keypress is registered, but the second one isn't. Therefore it's nearly impossible to navigate the menus using the 'arrow' keys on the remote.

Now, I want to check whether the remote actually sends the second keypress, but if I follow the LibreElec guide, I can't even get the ````ir-keytable to recognize the IR receiver as it says No devices found.

Any advice on how to operate from here?

I have an Asus E35M1 motherboard with builtin bluetooth adapter. I want to use the bluetooth for playing audio. I have it enabled in the Libreelec settings, but Libreelec does not find the bluetooth adapter. I get a 'No bluetooth device found. Please put your bluetooth device into discovery mode and start the scan' message.

With the lspci command, the adapter is not found. Could it be that Libreelec does not contain the driver I need for the bluetooth chip?

When I want to migrate from regular LibreELEC to this LE8 "Remix", and want to keep my settings can I just do the following?

• backup Kodi and LibreELEC settings in the existing regular LibreELEC install
    • install LibreELEC remix (fresh install, I tried installing it over the regular install, but that wouldn't work)
    • restore Kodi and LibreELEC settings

Would that work? Would I retain my addons etc?

I'd like to extract a few files from a LibreELEC installation image without installing it on my HTPC. I've been trying for a bit, but haven't been able to read the SYSTEM file in the target directory. Is this possible? How can I do this from Windows?

I don't have an intel NUC so I can´t try it by myself, only thing I can tell you is to install Escalade's build and try to launch retroarch.

If it works and you prefer to use Official LE release you can grab retroarch binary from that build and paste/replace back in my retroarch addon folder (/starage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-Gen) in your LE oficial installation.

Maybe my retroarch binary is not well compiled for Generic... That's why I am considering to use Escalade's ones instead compiling myself, he is a LibreELEC ninja!

Thanks, will try to use Escalade's binary. He seems to use a NUC himself. Have to figure out how to extract the SYSTEM image, and then I'll see if it works.

In Escalade's LE8 Remix post, I read this. Could that be the problem maybe (I'm not a Linux guru at all)? Does RA run in KMS mode on Intel GPUs in your addon?

RA will run in KMS mode by default on Intel GPUs. To use Vulkan, change the video driver in RA settings (restart of RetroArch required) and force disable KMS like this: Code

# touch /storage/.config/retroarch/nokms

This simply creates the file "kms", which the launcher script will check for and make adjustments accordingly. Remember to remove it if you like to use Vulkan or OpenGL again.

I've still got problems with RetroArch from the GameStarter repo. It starts, but seems to crash when the menu loads. The menu is visible, but doesn't respond to keyboard, mouse, or controller input. I actually do see the mouse cursor moving though.

I don't see anything special in the debug log, see below. I posted this problem earlier, but got no response. After updating LibreELEC, and reinstalling Retroarch, the problem remains. I'm running on an Intel NUC. Is anybody else successfully running RA on an Intel NUC?

I can not see anything strange, keyboard, mouse and gamepad are recognized:

You can try deleting autoconfig folder in userdata addon folder. Also you can try using mouse to get into settings>input>player 1 bind> remap all buttons...

I will try to delete the autoconfig folder. As for the mouse, only the cursor works. I can't click any menu option and there are no mouseover events or anything. It almost seems as if there is a transparent 'window/overlay', which has the focus over the retroarch program.

Could the error in line 51 have anything to do with it (the other errors only seem audio related)?

Code
    [ERROR] Failed to create rendering backend: freetype.
    Failed to open ^M: No such file or directory

Logs?

See below.

Hi all,

I’ve installed RetroArch via this repo, on an Intel NUC LibreElec installation. However, I’m running into a very curious problem in the XMB menu; when I start RetroArch, it seems to work, but no input devices seem to work. Nothing happens when I press keyboard buttons, nor when I press buttons on various controllers I tried. The controllers are correctly recognized in a yellow overlay text. The only thing that’s working is the mouse cursor, which is moving, but the mouse buttons are not working.

Any idea what’s wrong?

I have just migrated from Openelec to Libreelec. I noticed that my custom remote.xml had been renamed to a .bak file. When I place a new remote.xml in the userdata/keymaps, it does not work.

Does Libreelec work differently in this regard? How should this be done?