RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• If the filename contains AGA or 32 then the script adds --amiga-model=a1200 --kickstart_file=kick31.rom. The default configuration is in /storage.config/fs-uae/Configurations/Default.fs-uae, you could change the default kickstart there. You can write your own complete configuration file as well and name it .fs-uae. Looks like I haven't added that extension to EmulationStation but you can do that in /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg.

• Can I install the generic version to my tronsmart ara x5 plus (Intel z8300 cpu)?.

If yes, how to do it?.

Prepare sd/usb by libreelic usb creator,

Set the bios to boot from USB?...

Thanks in advance.

• escalade

image: creating file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170723.img...
    image: creating partition table...
    image: creating part1...
    image: creating part2...
    image: writing mbr...

Finally! LOL

It looks like it might have been the open-vm-tools. I deleted the VM and started over but this time without installing open-vm-tools. I think I left a few other packages out as well, which I think were htop, screen and net-tools. I also added "strip_lto" and "strip_gold" to the package.mk file just in case it was a combination of the open-vm-tools and something else. Anyway, thanks a lot for all of your time and help, I really appreciate it! Oh, and your LibreELEC fork too, which I'm about to install :)

• If the filename contains AGA or 32 then the script adds --amiga-model=a1200 --kickstart_file=kick31.rom. The default configuration is in /storage.config/fs-uae/Configurations/Default.fs-uae, you could change the default kickstart there. You can write your own complete configuration file as well and name it .fs-uae. Looks like I haven't added that extension to EmulationStation but you can do that in /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg.

after some test I find why it's not working, egrep is not included in your busybox so you'll have to replace it by grep -E at line 24 and 43

amiga_model and kickstart_file are repeated twice in config file with the command at line 25, so I prefer replacing option in config file by commands

sed -i "s/A500/A1200/g" $CONFIG

sed -i "s/kick13/kick31/g" $CONFIG

and finally as zip would include some other files not needed like xml in my case, you can force to only extract rom files (line 22)

unzip -q -o "$1" -d "$TMP_DIR" "*.adf" "*.adz" "*.dms" "*.ipf"

with these modifications fs-uae working like it should

forgot to say that apply to fs-uae.start script

Edited once, last by meldrak (July 24, 2017 at 10:54 PM).

• Now I have most other things working on LibreELEC, one thing I had on OpenELEC was Netflix using the Flix2kodi add-on. Is this something that can be implemented here?

• escalade

I saw you released a new version on your github (8.2) and wanted to let you know that I tried building it but ran into errors when it came time to build Kodi. I'm happy with the current version and everything's working great but figured I'd update as I was having some slight issues with my PS4 controller and EmulationStation.

Figured I'd report this issue just in case but I think I've already taken up enough of your time LOL and I'm going to continue on with 8.0 for now. Just as a side note, I tried to build this in the same VM that I successfully built the previous branch (le8-test) in.

You don't by any chance have a copy of this build that you could upload to your Google Drive do you?

Edited once, last by cragmuer (July 29, 2017 at 11:42 PM).

• escalade

Ah, well that explains it. Sorry for not being able to tell the difference. I just saw "active branches" and thought it was a new version but I'm not really that familiar with git. Figured I'd include that log just in case it could help in any way.

On a different note, I can't believe that I've been missing out all this time using LibreELEC LOL! The stuff included in this build is what the original LibreELEC should've come with. It simply blows everything else out of the water, and it all works right out of the box. Being able to watch my slingbox on Chrome really sealed the deal for me, and it runs so damn smoothly too. Everyone should be running this build!

Edited once, last by cragmuer (July 29, 2017 at 10:46 AM).

• escalade

So I just managed to successfully build your new development branch. It seems as though the change that made this possible was using the "testing" package sources for pacman as that was the only difference in the config between it failing and being successful. I'm going to install it now on my Intel NUC and see how it goes!

• cragmuer

Like I said, that branch is a development branch. It hasn't been ready yet. I'll be uploading new builds tonight. I've now rebased all my changes in 8.2. Not much difference other than some updated drivers here and there. I've updated to 4.12 for both generic and rpi.

• escalade

I've been running your development branch for about a day and I can honestly say it runs awesome, though I'll probably build the new version when you officially release it tonight. When I first started this project, one of the main things I wanted to have working was the ability to use a PS4 controller with attached keyboard, sorta like a one-stop-shop for input; use the controllers touchpad/keyboard for Chrome and everything else for emulators and general Kodi navigation. That didn't quite work on the previous version (8.0) but on this version everything works amazingly well, even the touchpad.

The only problem I keep running into, and it was the same on the previous version, is when launching EmulationStation. As soon as RetroArch launches a ROM, I have to reconnect the PS4 controller over Bluetooth. It then works fine until I either hit the in-game RetroArch menu or close it all together. If I reconnect the controller after pressing the left stick to launch the in-game menu, it doesn't respond well to commands and seems like there's phantom key presses. This only happens in RetroArch, the controller works perfectly fine in Chrome and everywhere else I've tested it. Using ds4drv produces the same results, any thoughts?

Edited once, last by cragmuer (July 29, 2017 at 10:46 PM).

• Hi escalade

I noticed on your git-hub you have an old 32bit branch, Do you have any plans to update/maintain this ?

OR

Do you have any precomiled versions of this branch I could possibly get off you ? LibreELEC is great, even better with game emulation, but im having a hard time trying to get it working in 32-bit for some recent computers that are 32-bit (Weird I know)

• I updated to the new build and kodi now wont start

complaining about EGL

Code
    12:10:56.213 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.libreelec.tv
    12:10:56.213 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
    12:10:56.213 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.plexkodiconnect
    12:10:56.213 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.kodi.game
    12:10:56.213 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.kodinerds
    12:10:56.415 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: Checking resolution 16
    12:10:58.120 T:140578174331008   ERROR: Failed to determine egl config for visual info
    12:10:58.120 T:140578174331008 WARNING: Visual 0x3c7 of the window is not suitable, looking for another one...
    12:10:58.121 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: Using visual 0x21
    12:10:58.129 T:140578174331008  NOTICE: Using visual 0x3c7