7.9 on USB creator

• Hi All,

When I download the USB creator all I get is a 7.02 file. Is there any way of getting the 7.9 on the USB creator or do I hust get 7.02 and update to 7.9?

The reason I ask is Im using an HTPC and I already have 7.02 but when I go to update it says that the FAT disc space is full even though I have 250GB free space.

Question is to change that partition, should I stick the USB disc in and then make the changes there and redo it all again?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

• To see not only stable versions, but all versions including alpha / beta / rc builds etcetera, check the "Show all" option on the right side of the USB-SD Creator tool.

Partitions on a computer storage device usually have a fixed size. LibreELEC uses two partitions: the small readonly system partition which has a fixed size, and the big(ger) storage partition for all data and settings taking up the rest of the total disk space. It doesn't matter how big the storage partition is, here it is all about the [too] small system partition. The 'problem' is that this partition was once designed for a certain size, but over time LibreELEC has outgrown itself so the system partition needs to be bigger. The LibreELEC installer or updater cannot do that in a simple way.

The easiest solution is to do a full backup using the built-in Back/Restore tool in the LibreELEC Settings Addon. Store that backup file on an external drive / location. Do a fresh installation of the latest LibreELEC build, start it up so the auto-resizing of the storage partition is done, and then restore your backup.

Alternatively, if you have the skills, you can do the resizing of the partitions yourself manually with a disk partition tool like Gparted.

• Thanks so much. I managed to install a fresh install of the Dec 5th build.

But now I have a new problem, I cant find /storage/.kodi at all in LibreELEC. I have finder in Mac and I know they are hidden files but I have looked inside and cant find this Dir. As I want to install a new theme thats for Kodi Krypton.

Wonder if I need to reinstall or do an update

Any ideas?

Edited once, last by nanohits (December 10, 2016 at 5:36 AM).

• A number of folders are available through Samba, which is easy enough via your own File Manager.
    In MacOS enter "smb://ip.address.of.your.libreelec.box"

Access via the LibreELEC backdoor is also possible via SSH.

Installing new skins can be done via the Kodi GUI internally, via a repository or via .zip files.

• A number of folders are available through Samba, which is easy enough via your own File Manager.
    In MacOS enter "smb://ip.address.of.your.libreelec.box"

Access via the LibreELEC backdoor is also possible via SSH.

Installing new skins can be done via the Kodi GUI internally, via a repository or via .zip files.

You dont understand. I can access all the files in there. The /storage dir is simply not there. Thats what I am trying to say.
    Besides this skin requires me to copy the files to the addon folder. I know how to install themes.

• Again nothing seems to be holding this back. These are the DIR's I see

backup
    configfiles
    downloads
    emulators
    logfiles
    music
    picons
    pictures
    recordings
    screenshots
    tv shows
    update
    userdata
    videos

Thats it. There is no storage directory at all.

• That's because the above directories are the contents of the storage directory.

• /storage/.kodi folder is not visible with default samba config. You can see what is visible and which paths here.

If you want to see /storage/.kodi (or /storage or even /) you need to add new share. Or use ssh console where you can see everything.

• /storage/.kodi folder is not visible with default samba config. You can see what is visible and which paths here.

If you want to see /storage/.kodi (or /storage or even /) you need to add new share. Or use ssh console where you can see everything.

So tell me why wasnt this an issue when I had 7.02 version installed before?? As in that version there was the .kodi/addons etc. Has 7.9 changed somehow for it not to show?

• 7.0.2 release has similar samba config - no /storage/.kodi exposed directly.

Like I wrote above: if you want to see other folders you need to adjust samba.conf. Or use ssh console.

• 7.0.2 release has similar samba config - no /storage/.kodi exposed directly.

Like I wrote above: if you want to see other folders you need to adjust samba.conf. Or use ssh console.

But yet I didnt have to do anything to see those directories. So just wondering if there is any difference in the way it does this in 7.9