[x86-64] No HDMI Signal with LE 12.0.1

• I seem to have the same issue. Upgraded from 11.0.6 to 12.0.1, after an succesfull upgrade procedure and a reboot, it results in a black screen. Tried LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-13.0-nightly-20240826-7643d36.img with same result.

Fortunately i was able to downgrade to 11.0.6 , and now i'm able again to use my htpc.

My htpc specs: i3-8100 with 16gb ram, nvidia gt1030 gpu. Never had any issues with it before. Can this be fixed so i can use LE 12?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Thank you for your reply. I have to confess that i'm not sure how to do what is requested. The problem is that, after i update LE to 12.0.1, i can't get to the gui. 12.0.1 is installed after a reboot. After that. the system boots, shows the boot splashscreen (kodi logo) and after that the screen goes blank. I did notice that in that state, i am able to ssh into the htpc, maybe this helps?

-update: i read the debug log wiki and am now trying to generate one.

from an ssh session i ran pastekodi (i with a blank screen on my display, since the gui wont start). This gave me:

# pastekodi
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    what(): failed to find DRM cards
    Aborted (core dumped)
    https://paste.libreelec.tv/splendid-chigger.log

The logfile from the sambashare is this one:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• X11 starts, but no display found:

Code
    2024-08-27 22:04:23.570 T:1604    error <general>: X11 Error: No Display found

Try this on SSH:

Code
    getedid create
    reboot
  • when i run "getedid create" nothing happens, the system seems to freeze. When i then control C and run the command again, it gives "Existing /storage/.config/xorg.conf detected. Aborting!"

Then when i give the reboot command, eventually the ssh session ends, but the system doesnt reboot, seems to hang. Only after a long time it actually reboots, only to boot again to a blank screen.

• Can i export and then later import all my settings ?

Yes, that works with LE backup function.

when i run "getedid create" nothing happens, the system seems to freeze.

Seems like there is really no connection to display available.

• Try other HDMI connectors on NUC and TV.
    • Try another HDMI cable. It should be conform to HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 (4K ready).
    • You NUC probably uses an LSPCon chip to convert from DP to HDMI. LSPCon issues are usually unsolvable by us.
  • dipswitch the pastekodi log is from "Starting Kodi (20.3 (20.3.0) Git:20.3-Nexus). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit" and the smb log is from "Starting Kodi (21.1 (21.1.0) Git:21.1-Omega). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit"

I can see Nvidia in the nexus log

Code
    2024-08-27 21:56:32.916 T:1101     info <general>: CRenderSystemGL::InitRenderSystem - Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 470.161.03, Major: 4, Minor: 6
    2024-08-27 21:56:32.916 T:1101     info <general>: GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
    2024-08-27 21:56:32.916 T:1101     info <general>: GL_RENDERER = NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030/PCIe/SSE2
    2024-08-27 21:56:32.916 T:1101     info <general>: GL_VERSION = 4.6.0 NVIDIA 470.161.03
    2024-08-27 21:56:32.916 T:1101     info <general>: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 4.60 NVIDIA
    2024-08-27 21:56:32.916 T:1101     info <general>: GL_GPU_MEMORY_INFO_TOTAL_AVAILABLE_MEMORY_NVX = 2097152
    2024-08-27 21:56:32.916 T:1101     info <general>: GL_GPU_MEMORY_INFO_DEDICATED_VIDMEM_NVX = 2097152

the pastekodi is a mix of nexus and omega:

the "journalctl -a -b -0" is Omega and the "/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log" is Nexus

Suggest using the USB Key boot (using the run option) before doing too much - this will isolate what is happening.

• Yes, that works with LE backup function.

Seems like there is really no connection to display available.

• Try other HDMI connectors on NUC and TV.
    • Try another HDMI cable. It should be conform to HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 (4K ready).
    • You NUC probably uses an LSPCon chip to convert from DP to HDMI. LSPCon issues are usually unsolvable by us.

Yes there is an display connection available. Because if that would be the case, i wouldnt be seeing the motherboards asrock uefi logo and Libreelec/kodi bootscreen. Even better: i changed nothing to my current setup which ran fine for years. As already mentioned: i have an intel i3-8100 based htpc with an gt1030 graphics card. I don't have a NUC. This is a mediacenter pc build by myself with a normal atx asrock motherboard and standard components.

This mediacenter system sits in my livingroom tv cabinet, connected to my pioneer av receiver through hdmi, which is then connected to my tv (normal fhd, not 4k).

I always used this setup without problems. Up until 11.0.6 it ran fine without issues. Only 12.0.1 and current nightlys give these errors, when i run 11.0.6 there is not a single problem. The problem is the new LE, theres nothing wrong with my hardware, which is proven by the fact that 11.0.6 runs without issues.

That will be my next step. Because i have a strong feeling the issue is LE, and has nothing to do with my hardware. As already mentioned, other software runs fine, 11.0.6 runs fine, only 12.0.1 cr*ps out.

So i've booted a clean LE 12.0.1 from usb key, and it gives me the exact same behaviour. It boots to the bootlogo, and after that a blank screen. I cant ssh into the computer, but i can access its smb shares. Unfortunately, there is no kodi.log in the zipfile in the logfiles smb share, but i could grab the system.log :

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by dipswitch: Merged a post created by dipswitch into this post. (August 28, 2024 at 10:55 PM).

• -edit: now i read in other topics that other users have problems with connecting there LE 12.01 device to an avr receiver. Now this is exactly how i hooked my LE box up. I have it connected to an Pioneer SC-LX81, which then is connected through hdmi to my tv. Could this be the issue? My setup is fullhd, so no 4k. I tried switching sources on the avr, but to no avail. Other hdmi sources work fine on my avr and 11.0.6 also gives no issues.

• Well, i did the tests and the outcome was unmistakable clear:

connected htpc with hdmi to avr:
    11.0.6 - boots to gui

12.0.1 - boots to blank screen

nightly-20240826-7643d36 - boots to blank screen

connected directly with hdmi to tv:

11.0.6 - boots to gui

12.0.1 - boots to gui

nightly-20240826-7643d36 - boots to gui

So it's clear that there is a problem with LE, from v12 apparantely not being able to handle the avr? This is in line with other recent topics on this forum?

Can this be fixed?

• On LE 12.0.1 Generic-legacy...

• connect NUC -> TV
    • run getedid create
    • connect NUC -> AVR -> TV

I'm not sure how to respond to this. As i already mentioned i don't have a nuc.

A short explainer: back in the day, devices like a nuc didn't exist, neither did libreelec/openelec etc. There was only xbmc running on xboxes (not much folks used that) and for the "average guy" there was mediaportal, for which we build a "htpc" (hometheater pc), also known as a "mediacenter" pc. Fast forward 20 years: these htpc desktop cases still exist and this is why some folks still choose to build an generic x86-64 "htpc" which fits nicely with its 42cm width in a hifi / television cabinet, ontop of other components. These contain generic x86 atx components and from the inside they are nothing more then a generic pc, but from the outside they look like a hifi component.

-ontopic:
    Do you want me to run that command on my htpc with a hdmi cable directly connected to my tv? Is there perhaps anything else i should try. My hifi/tv cabinet sits in a tight space which isnt exactly pleasant for constant cable swapping. I dont want to damage anything or worst case flip my tv on its side rendering it useless...

heitbaum Do you perhaps have any ideas?