S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Awesome, great news. I still have 3xS812 boxes plus 4 boxes that friends have that I fix/update/setup, all of which work great on your current roms. I was never able to get 8.2.3 running on my MXIII-G and Beelink MXIII Plus, so hopefully updating from 8.2.2 will work. Thanks again Demetris. Coreelec is now on beta 8.95.0, Beta 1.

• That's because their developers don't understand how Kodi tags releases. The splash images and internal versioning might have been bumped in preparation for a v18-beta1 release, but until the beta1 tag (and release branch) exist v18 remains in alpha.

Thanks chewitt, my mistake.

• Hello i own a mxiii 4k 2gb box but i cannot boot Libreelec. Do i have to install RemiX_115k4.zip first. How i will do it? Thanks

Not exactly sure what you have there, but to boot the Remix rom you need to format an SD card to fat 32, then extract the remix zip file to the SD card. After extracting you will see a zip file on the SD card as well as several other files. Don't extract that zip. Then put the SD card into the SD slot on the box and toothpick boot. Hold the toothpick in until you see the Android boot screen. Then release and the rom should boot.

After it loads up you can then try the Libreelec img.gz. I haven't had much luck with 8.2.3 but 8.2. Check post 1504 for instructions.

• Hello!!

I have one M8, assuming have s802 chipset, no?

I try to install LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8-7.0.2-update (and a lot of more like LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-7.0.2-2-devel.zip) , but when starting is freeze on starting Samba configfile writer.... I tried to install more times, and always its freeze on starting ...."name service".... but I can access ssh and explorer....

What happened? No is the good ROM? where can I download the good ROM?

I attach a pic with the error.

Thanks a lot!!!

Great work!! Thanks!!

• Download remiX_s802 115k4 and then follow the steps from post 1519. You need to get the remiX rom onto the box first and then load one of Demetris's great roms via sd card per instructions from post #1

[ROM] RemiX 115k4 >>>s802 - FreakTab.com

• Download remiX_s802 115k4 and then follow the steps from post 1519. You need to get the remiX rom onto the box first and then load one of Demetris's great roms via sd card per instructions from post #1

[ROM] RemiX 115k4 >>>s802 - FreakTab.com

Thanks!!! to many thanks!!

I installed remix_802 and install rom with TWRP, but I have the same result (attach pics with differentes rooms)

With version 8 LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4 I cant install (attach error) :(

I try with this ROMs .... and more...

LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8-7.0.2-update.zip

LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-7.0-devel-update.zip

LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4-update.zip

LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0-devel-update.zip

LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-7.0-devel-update.zip

Thanks a lot!!!

• What rom did you install with TWRP? TWRP isn't used to install Demetris's or the remiX builds. Did you follow the steps in post 1519 and did you see the Android "robot" appear and then install the rom? Did you start the box in Android to make sure the remix install worked? If not, do so.

Read post 1504. Try that method. If you still have problems then detail how you installed step by step.

• What rom did you install with TWRP? TWRP isn't used to install Demetris's or the remiX builds. Did you follow the steps in post 1519 and did you see the Android "robot" appear and then install the rom? Did you start the box in Android to make sure the remix install worked? If not, do so.

Read post 1504. Try that method. If you still have problems then detail how you installed step by step.

Ohh sorry, I thought I can install the demtris ROM with TWRP...

I explain how I do...

I install RemiX_115k4.zip with toothpick boot...then Android "roobot" appear..after reboot no AMlogic Logo apear, directly 127.0.0.1 logo...but nothing more...only reboot alone again and again.....

After i try to install LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4.img with Win32diskimage on SD, with the toothpick boot and SD put, then appear LibreElec logo with countdown Rebooting in 15s...... (attach screen)... after this reboot alone with LibreElec logo...reboot again and again...

Thanks a lot doggyofone for your support and patient!!!

• First step: Please confirm that the romiX rom is not booting up - make sure you remove the SD card before you boot the box. Just plug the box in and let it start. If it fails then go through the process to install remiX again - Demetris has provided a link to the remiX rom on page 1.

I'm not sure why the Libreelec boot didn't complete, but if Android doesn't boot it seems likely that is a big part of your problem.

The second thing is that you are booting an RC rom. Go into the SX2 link on page 1 and search out an appropriate 8.2.2 build. The file you download has to have the img.gz extension, not the .tar extension. "tar" is for updates only. I can't remember which build I used, but there is an 8.2.2 for the M8. If it doesn't work try a different M8 build, or perhaps the MXIII Plus 8.2.2 image. Always format the SD card between the builds you test. Don't forget the nocompat file. Try extracting it to the sd card. I have attached the remote.conf file - you can unzip this and add it to the sd card so that it loads when you toothpick boot the sd card.

I went through this process a couple weeks ago and was successful.

• Hi

Thank you (ευχαριστούμε) Demetris for your excellent work! I use your latest LE version on an MXIII G without a problem, after loading OE on it a while ago.

Now I am trying to install LE on an MXIII ( 802 chip, 1GB ram, 8GB rom,AP6181 wifi chip). I had installed an OMAN android firmware (I do not remember exactly which one). I followed the instructions and updated with the 115 remix etc (though I believe I did not have to do it, because my OMAN version was ok for toothpick install). Also after installing the 115 remix, the android recovery screen I think that changed a bit. After that I tried every rom for MXIII 1G but nothing. Your latest 8 ,8.2 ,8.2.3 etc say:

File System corruption detected
    any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds

I do not see the le logo. With an older rom of yours (7.0 and 8.0 RC i think)) I saw LE logo but it stuck saying something about /system. Similar things happened with the devel versions. Am I doing something wrong? I tried to find an OE version for my box (1Gb) so as to install yours after that, but I could not find one.

Eyxaristo

Thank you

• Did you add a nocompat file to the SD card for booting Libreelec?

• Thank you.No I have not. Do you think that's the problem? I mean the error is not the same as the one referred to the OP and the nocompat's file purpose. Also this file is for updates only not for the original installation I think.