S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Fanatstic Bro.
    MX-III 2GB with AP6330 running LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-S82 latest release
    Wifi: Works
    Bluetooth: Works

Also surprised to see that it is Krypton 17.2RC1 code base. Nice....

Thanks for all your time and effort in giving these still capable old boxes a new lease of life.

• I am very happy to report that I was able to update my M8 K200 box from 3-4 years ago to your latest version uploaded 4/10.
    After several usuccesful attempts via img file, zip file, and who knows what else I tried, I was able to boot into an old Openelec build, update with .tar file and with the help of chunk1982 and Demetris I was able to create the infamous .nocompat file to use with the .tar update.
    Then the remote did not work, aaahhhhhh!!!!!! So I booted back to android. Extracted the remote.config file using es file explorer, and started all over again.
    Finally. I'm happy to report, that I'm running the latest libreelec build Demetris has made available to date.

I did learn a lot tho. So thank you all involved behind the scenes on making this hobby possible.

• So you say that upgrading from android using the zip file doesnt work?

Στάλθηκε από το Moto G 2014 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

That's correct. It just boots back to android. No error shows up though. It goes through as if it was installing.
    There is only 2 files in the sd card after extracting the zip.
    I was under the impression that there was 3 when i started flashing openelec years ago. I don't know if that's the problem.

• Thanks i will have a look at it. I didnt see any other reporting this. Anyway if you want to unlock the full potentials of S802/S812 you have to try Lakka. ;) Is the most powerfull arm soc to day.

Sent from the Island of Venus

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 12, 2017 at 6:03 AM).

• Thanks i will have a look at it. I didnt see any other reporting this. Anyway if you want to unlock the full potentials of S802/S812 you have to try Lakka. ;) Is the most powerfull arm soc to day.

I read about it earlier today at the beginning of this thread. I will flash it tomorrow.
    Thank you for all you do in keeping this clunker alive.

• Hi Demetris,

I finally got it to work by installing an old openelec version and updating with TAR.
    I even have wifi now which I didn't previously have.
    Exodus streams like a dream and everything (apart from the remote) works like a dream.
    P.S. not too worried about remote as I have an app on my phone only little bug with that is I have to pull out power cord and put back in to turn on the device.
    Many Thanks for all your hard work on this system.
    [hr]
    A question to anyone as this may be very simple.
    Is there a manual way to fix the time as I can't find an NTP server for Cyprus.
    Another question is can I change temperature in weather to celcius instead of F
    For the remote issue I don't have the config file but will search over the weekend but if someone has a copy they can send me that would be great.
    I am using the M8 box with the roundish corner remote.

Thanks everyone.

Edited once, last by Louis78 (April 12, 2017 at 6:32 AM).

• Make sure you save your remote.conf you will find it in etc folder on android. Just use astro file manager to navigate to it.

avd

where can I get remote.conf for m8 remote control with round corners if I don't have original android rom? any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Is anyone else having trouble with powering on the device? I have a number of Matricom Q (M8) & Q2 (M8S) boxes that are running this image very well. The only issue is that once you power off they will not power back on. I have to repower to get them back.

Amy ideas? Thanks.

• Is anyone else having trouble with powering on the device? I have a number of Matricom Q (M8) & Q2 (M8S) boxes that are running this image very well. The only issue is that once you power off they will not power back on. I have to repower to get them back.

Amy ideas? Thanks.

Make sure you have the latest bootloader for your device

• [hr]

avd

where can I get remote.conf for m8 remote control with round corners if I don't have original android rom? any help would be greatly appreciated.

i will upload the file this evening.

Edited once, last by mannyp (April 12, 2017 at 1:58 PM).

• Stupid question, where do I find that and how do I install it?

Cant help you here buddy. Just make sure you have the latest android firmware for your box before you take the
    Libreelec route.

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 12, 2017 at 4:23 PM).

• M8 (M8N) square S802 AP6330

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8.tar 133MB Apr 10, 2017 | 09:55PM

Bluetooth - Not working properly :(
    Wifi - Yes
    LAN - Yes

Unfortunately in this build bluetooth reverted back to a paired Bluetooth remote not being saved or recognized upon reboot. As I posted previously, Bluetooth worked perfectly in the build just prior to this one (although wifi was non-functional). Can you have a look at what changed to fix Bluetooth? To other's reporting Bluetooth as working, have you actually tried pairing a remote and seeing if you are able to use it after reboot? Seeing a device in the Bluetooth list is not the same thing as it working.

Thank you

Edited once, last by 7up (April 12, 2017 at 10:14 PM).