S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Tell me your chip please :)

Sent from the Island of Venus

This is from the working 7.0.2, so I presume it is Broadcomm Bluetooth

And here is the one from your build, where it fails

And I also think you should include the remote.conf linked earlier as it is specific to Beelink S82 which is the model you are building for.

Thanks for all your help

• Hi Demetris,

gerat work! I've tested all your 8.x.x Versions on my MX-III-1G and they are running perfectly.

The only issue I have with all libreelec versions it that audio over SPDIF is always upsampled from 44.1k to 48k and the audio quality gets worse (see thread-1492.html?highlight=44.1). Because of this a stay for a while on version 7.0.2.009 with my S905Box in the living room where I use SPDIF. I use a cantral mysql database, so I don't want to mix Jarvis and Kypton.

Is is possible, that you genarate a 7.x.x version for the MX-III-1G?

Cheers,
    ippon

• I have successfully got this working on my minux neo x8 (...not h or plus...) and I just updated to the latest release via the s82.tar. First I would like to thank you and all the comments for assisting me with setting this up. It has brought new life to a box I was almost done with. It is running better than ever!

I just wanted to ask (and I hope this is appropriate, and ok to ask) has anyone got Internet Archive ROM Launcher with RetroArch set up and running? I have tried but failed.

Thanks again!

• I can fix it but 48k is better than 44.1k and output is native weird you think it sounds worse

Yes, of course 48k is better then 44.1. But only if the material is recorded in 48k (like movies or music from DVDs like a live concert). Most of my musik is recorded in 44.1 (standard audio CD). Whenever this material is upsampled, the quality goes a bit down (not dramatically, but I can hear it). In Version 7.2.0.9 it works perfektly (44.1 music ist planed in 44.1 and 48k movies are planed in 48k over SPDIF). All other libreelec versions convert erverything to 48k.

Anyway I've two 905 boxes and I use them for music. Here I stay on version 7.2.0.9 until the upsamling issue is fixed. My 3. box is the MX-III-1G. I'll use it only for video so upsamling is not an issue here. Because of my shared MYSQL Media-Database I can't mix Jarvis (7.2.0.9) and Krypton. That was the reason why I asked you to compile a 7.x.x version for the MX-III-1G.

On the other hand, if you are able to fix the upsampling, of couse I will try it.

• Am not going to downgrade a feature because your music is encoded at 44.1 sorry.Most users use it at 99% as a movie player and as such 48k is better. Did you try flac?

• Am not going to downgrade a feature because your music is encoded at 44.1 sorry.Most users use it at 99% as a movie player and as such 48k is better. Did you try flac?

Ups, this was a missunderstanding. I didn't want a downgrade. I only wanted a version from your 7.0.3 from the MX-III-1G (I found it only for the S82). Then I can use my MX-III as videoplayer with my MYSQL database (video99).

Yes I tried flac (I tried nearliy erverthing) with the same result. I'f I understood kszaq right, the librelec developers stay actually on an older version from the Amlogic audio drivers. This old drivers have the umsampling problem. They tried a newer version of the drivers (in 7.2.0.9) - this fixed the upsampling but brought other problems, so they reverted back to the older dirver version in the newer releases.

• ippon I wrote about S905, not S802. These devices use a different kernel version. There will be no difference in how audio works between 7.0 and 8.0 for S802.

kszaq
    Ah, now I understand. Before, I thought it were the same for 905 and 802, because also the 802 images do the upsampling.

I'm aware that the 7.x.x for 802 will have the behaviour then the 8.x.x for 802. In case of my 802 box, it doesn't matter, because I'll not use it for music. I'd prefer the 7.0 on the 802 because then I can use it with my video99 MYSQL database.

By the way, do you think that the audio enhancements for the 905 boxes will be re-introduced eventually for the 8.x.x versions?

Edited once, last by ippon (March 18, 2017 at 4:13 PM).

• I just discovered a strange problem: after upgrading to 8.0.1a my mxiii-1gb only can be controlled with the televisions remote through cec . Both my mce remote and the box's own remote don't work anymore. The red light of the mce remote does flicker when keys are pressed, but the box doesnt respond. Can this be fixed?