S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• So i burned the s82 img.gz file using etcher on sd card , enter recovery mode on the minix x8h and pressed reboot , the box always boots to android. What am I doing wrong ?
    Pic attached

Did you burn the img.gz with etcher or did you just copy the img.gz file onto the sd card?

If the img.gz is correctly burnt onto the sd card and the sd card inserted to the minix x8h box, the next time you boot into recovery it automatically updates your box to dual boot LE and android with LE being the priority if the sd card is inserted at boot

• Did you burn the img.gz with etcher or did you just copy the img.gz file onto the sd card?

If the img.gz is correctly burnt onto the sd card and the sd card inserted to the minix x8h box, the next time you boot into recovery it automatically updates your box to dual boot LE and android with LE being the priority if the sd card is inserted at boot

I burned the img.gz with etcher and I get the screen that I attached . Do i have to format the sd somehow ? Do I have to extract the img from img.gz before I burn it ?
    Maybe I have to try another sd card ,what kind is better ?

• Try the m8 one in the link I posted

Im an idiot and forgot I have 2 boxes and both are called libreelec as network ID so i was pushing the firmware to the other box, thanks for the help. your method did work well BTW.

• Finally got it working on minix x8h. I was holding the recovery and power button pressed and that made it go to recovery menu.
    The right way is hold the recovery button and press the power button just once.
    Thanks everybody for your help.

• You need to use usb stick if ya don't want to install to devices memory. Download img.gz file and use libreelec usb sd creator to put the downloaded file onto the usb stick. Download here. Now you need to boot into recovery with usb stick in box. Then once in recovery just choose reboot, on reboot libreelec should pop up. If not try another usb port on box.

Once installed just remove usb stick when ya don't wanna use libreelec.

• Finally got it working on minix x8h. I was holding the recovery and power button pressed and that made it go to recovery menu.
    The right way is hold the recovery button and press the power button just once.
    Thanks everybody for your help.

Congrats :D

• So, right, I got LE working on my MXIII Amlogic 2GB box via USB. It boots fine, everything works and when I plug it out, it just boots to Android. Can't get it to boot from SD card, though. I get the corrupted file-system message and looks like the SD card is screwed (I can mount it on PC and when I boot to Android though, and can access files on it, which is strange).

Anyway, using libreelec from USB is rather slow for me (GUI is smooth and all, but i get some hickups when navigating addons, which is due to the fact the read/write time on USB is not the same as the internal memory's time). So, I was wondering how do I proceed to install LE from USB to my box, to replace Android?

I get the part where I boot to recovery and select the Apply update form EXT option. Do I have to burn a different image? Or can I use the same USB and image I use to boot form USB? How safe is this method? I mean, I don't want to brick my device. Also, do I need TRW or some other tools that I use when installing another ROM on my Android phone?

• Installed LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4 last night. .zip version wouldn't install directly via SDcard so first installed drieschel 7.02 build and then updated via 8.0RC4 tar. Eny M8 working great. Only thing I see missing is BT support,can it be added? Thank you for continuing support the S802

Edited once, last by 7up (March 12, 2017 at 4:39 PM).

• Installed LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4 last night. .zip version wouldn't install directly via SDcard so first installed drieschel 7.02 build and then updated via 8.0RC4 tar. Eny M8 working great. Only thing I see missing is BT support,can it be added? Thank you for continuing support the S802

Could you please be kind and point me, step by step, how to do this? Which file to download (.zip or else) and how to do an update? Thanks