S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Demetris

Is this the reason for the broken audio in the last couple of updates for M8 and M8S?

INTEL HBR AUDIO

Initial patches to resolve the lack of pass-through HBR audio on NUC devices and similar with an internal DP > HDMI convertor were published recently. Testing has shown good results on Linux 4.13+ kernels but issues are seen with older Intel/NUC hardware using the 4.11 kernel used in LibreELEC 8.2. As a result these patches are not suitable for the 8.2.0 release and this minor issue will be resolved with LibreELEC 9.0 in the future.

Last functioning release was 8.2.RC2 for M8 and 8.0.2 for M8S-PLUS. If the above is the reason, I'll have to wait for version 9, yeah?

• Hello there - I'm running a MXIII-2G running the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz image. I'm unable to use the ethernet port - it shows up in ifconfig, and I've tried forcing the port to operate at 100mbit, but it still doesn't pull an IP. I've tried a static address as well, and that didn't work.

I'd appreciate any tips - here is a link to the dmesg | pastebinit : BdbE

fw_printenv | pastebinit output: VXVZ

Cheers!

Edited once, last by ShermanTenor (November 23, 2017 at 1:33 PM).

• Hello there - I'm running a MXIII-2G running the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz image. I'm unable to use the ethernet port - it shows up in ifconfig, and I've tried forcing the port to operate at 100mbit, but it still doesn't pull an IP. I've tried a static address as well, and that didn't work.

Can you be specific about the model ie: - MXIII-G, MXIII Plus - in particular ram and wifi/ethernet capability. CPU-Z may help (Android).

I have an MXIII-G (generic) with 2G/8G, 2.4 and 5 wireless/1000mps LAN. I'm using Demetris's latest rom 8.2.2 and the wifi/ethernet are working perfectly. I flashed with the remote.conf, nocompat and tar for the mxiiiplus build and have been doing so since the RC builds.

• Can you be specific about the model ie: - MXIII-G, MXIII Plus - in particular ram and wifi/ethernet capability. CPU-Z may help (Android).

I have an MXIII-G (generic) with 2G/8G, 2.4 and 5 wireless/1000mps LAN. I'm using Demetris's latest rom 8.2.2 and the wifi/ethernet are working perfectly. I flashed with the remote.conf, nocompat and tar for the mxiiiplus build and have been doing so since the RC builds.

doggyofone - thanks for your reply. The unit itself is 'badged' with MXIII-2G. I'm pretty sure its the S802, with 2G RAM, 8G ROM. 100Mbit, and only 2.4MHz WiFi (not dual band). It does have Bluetooth. That said, when I set the port to 1000Mbit, it seemed to still get a link - its just not pulling an IP and static addressing doesn't work either.

Unfortunately I've only got access via SSH right now as I'm not at home - that is why I pulled the info from the CLI - I assumed that diagnostic info might shed some light.

Is there a way to run CPU-Z from the Libreelec CLI?

Thanks for your help!

• lbes150 has a build for LAN_100

doggyofone - thanks for your reply. The unit itself is 'badged' with MXIII-2G. I'm pretty sure its the S802, with 2G RAM, 8G ROM. 100Mbit, and only 2.4MHz WiFi (not dual band). It does have Bluetooth. That said, when I set the port to 1000Mbit, it seemed to still get a link - its just not pulling an IP and static addressing doesn't work either.

Unfortunately I've only got access via SSH right now as I'm not at home - that is why I pulled the info from the CLI - I assumed that diagnostic info might shed some light.

Is there a way to run CPU-Z from the Libreelec CLI?

Thanks for your help!

CPUZ is only through Android as far as I can tell.

Note that for a LAN 100 box Demetris does not have a build - wish he did. That is likely your issue. balbes150 does and you can find it at these links -

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

Note that I am having problems with my LAN_100 box and balbes150's builds, but that could be unique to my set up.

• lbes150 has a build for LAN_100

CPUZ is only through Android as far as I can tell.

Note that for a LAN 100 box Demetris does not have a build - wish he did. That is likely your issue. balbes150 does and you can find it at these links -

LibreElec — Yandex.Disk

Note that I am having problems with my LAN_100 box and balbes150's builds, but that could be unique to my set up.

Gotcha - thanks for the info.

Demetris - any chance of making the 100Mbit boxes work with your builds?

PS - CPU-z says I have the k200 board, but I also flashed a Tronsmart rom to my box a while ago. Is it reading the rom or hardware signature?

Edited once, last by ShermanTenor (November 23, 2017 at 7:02 PM).

• Hi again - not sure if this is material or not, but I've noticed the MAC addresses for eth0 in Android and Libreelec aren't even close to being the same...

There are a bunch of variants for the MXIII boxes. I've run into a bunch so I think I can help. I have a couple of questions: Does your box have a sticker on the bottom with your mac address? Which android rom were you able to flash, one with something akin to 114k4 in the rom description?

• Hey Kshi - thanks for your help. Yes, I've flashed the image 'Tronsmart MXIII_115k4_20150603.zip' to my boxes. Android works fine on both WiFi and Ethernet.

In terms of a sticker, there is a sticker with a serial number which ends with a space, then 2G in the device itself. The box has a couple of stickers, but no MAC. Looks like a vendor sticker probably: 'InstaBox MXIII Android 4.4 .... 4G Wifi with Remote Control'

Another sticker with the following info:

Ram; 2GB

Rom: 8GB

Wifi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n

BT: Bluetooth 4.0

Input: DC 5V 2000mA

• FWIW, I've found that with the S802 MXIII 2G/8G Variants :

MXIII 2G/8G boxes with the S802 K200C chip (Usually has a S/N sticker on the bottom that starts with S802C) use Demetris' M8 Build.

MXIII 2G/8G boxes with the S802 K200 chip (usually comes with numbered android firmware installed, e.g. 114k4), use Demetris' S82 Build.

• Thanks again Kshi!

I bought these boxes a couple of years ago, but found them pretty limited at the time.

Thanks to the efforts by devs like Demetris my box actually 'got better with age'.

I started with the MXIII builds and 'upgraded' using the latest 8.2.2 S82 .tar file, but I will go back at some point to see if I could have just used the S82 SD image. I did issue the 'touch /storage/.update/.nocompat' from SSH prior to performing the update - maybe not needed if you start from S82?

Also, I haven't been able to boot my box via USB yet, so it took me a while to figure out for my hardware, a SD card was needed.

BTW - Is S82 short for S802/S8x2?