Radio Plugin: Network Error ??

• Hello,

I have put together a raspi 4 as a media player. It worked perfectly for a while.
    Now I have had a problem with the radio plugin for a few days.
    All I get is "radio: Network error".
    The raspy is connected to the fritzbox via LAN. There is also an HDD with music connected to the fritzbox, which I can access. When I look in libreelec settings, it also shows that the network connection is established. The firewall is not activated, and there are no rules in the fritzbox that prevent the raspy from accessing the internet.
    Does anyone have any idea why the radio plugin is no longer working?

Regards
    Stuhlmann

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Thanks to mglae's post, I now know that it is a plugin problem. I replaced the Radie plugin with the Radio Light plugin. So it can be closed. Thanks for the quick answers

• The Radio addon fails on any of my Libreelec devices. Versions 12 - 10. I keep getting Network Error. It also associates with Giamona (sp) and the scrapers that I have. What's up?

• It appears the original add-on (in the Kodi repo) is now unmaintained and changes to some of the upstream sites that radio feeds are sourced from mean it's no longer working. In some cases a little manual tweaking to add-on files can get things working. In others more invasive changes are needed. There are also forks or replacement/alternative add-ons appearing, though none are in the Kodi repo at the moment (and that may not happen based on the whims of individual developers. It's best to read the add-on support threads: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148 .. for the radio add-on, skip-to/start around page 50.

• Make sure to remove the old Radio.de before starting.

I installed the Radio.de add-on via the fivebangers repository: https://github.com/fivebanger/kod….fivebanger.zip

That will also update it as and when required.

Download the zip file and place it somewhere you can browse to on your KODI install, then browse to the zipfile via the add-ons menu (install from zip file) the repository will then show under Add-on/install from repository