Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• I am trying to get this to work on my NUC that I have Libreelec installed on.

I can install the add-ons from the repo but I have some issues.

- In the settings menu of RA I do not have the options to select RPi or Generic.

- I cannot figure out how to download AEL Assets using the RA's addon settings and when I go to I/O category/launcher configuration... I do not have ael-assts

I can get Emulationstation to open and load a few roms but I have no emulator to run them wiht.

• I am trying to get this to work on my NUC that I have Libreelec installed on.

I can install the add-ons from the repo but I have some issues.

- In the settings menu of RA I do not have the options to select RPi or Generic.

- I cannot figure out how to download AEL Assets using the RA's addon settings and when I go to I/O category/launcher configuration... I do not have ael-assts

I can get Emulationstation to open and load a few roms but I have no emulator to run them wiht.

I think best way is to install assets one at a time...just get the ones for your type of roms...you don't really need all package..you can download AEL assets from here

• I put the tar file in the "update" folder, correct? Last time I added a tar file to the update folder it broke the system and I had to do a fresh install.

• I put the tar file in the "update" folder, correct? Last time I added a tar file to the update folder it broke the system and I had to do a fresh install.

No...just extract and place somewhere on your Nuc...then go to I/O category/launcher configuration and browse to that folder and install your prefered emulator launchers

• ok

Got emulation station up with a rom. seems to work but there is sound. I don't really understand the config file. I have the clicks when I am in Kodi

• ok

Got emulation station up with a rom. seems to work but there is sound. I don't really understand the config file. I have the clicks when I am in Kodi

Sound settings you have to set them up from RA as roms launched from ES are still run by RA..it's all in RO audio settings

• Hello,

Since I was never able to solve my artwork problem in retroarch, I finally installed emulationstation.

I use universal XML scraper for scrape my roms and it works like a charm.

I just had a little problem with the gameboy color roms. This must be in the gbc roms directory.

After this success, i wanted to install new theme like switch theme or snes mini theme. But it does not work.

If I understood correctly, retropie uses a fork of emulationstation.

So this is my question : is there a chance that you are updating the version of emulationstation by the version used by retropie ?

Thank you for your future answer

• I tried installing this on my minix u9-h using the latest libreelec wrxtasy build, (the one with chroma settings)

the plugins all seem to install fine, when i launch them they ask to quit kodi and launch, i hit yes and they show splash screen then end up back at the main menu so im unable to use these at all.

any ideas?

• I tried installing this on my minix u9-h using the latest libreelec wrxtasy build, (the one with chroma settings)

the plugins all seem to install fine, when i launch them they ask to quit kodi and launch, i hit yes and they show splash screen then end up back at the main menu so im unable to use these at all.

any ideas?

This is for raspberry pi's and Generic...don't think it will work

• Hello. I have a problem with RetroArch Addon on LibreELEC 9. When I trying download cores package addon closing with error.

Code
    16:17:26.712 T:976216960   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                 - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                                Error Contents: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
                                                Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                    project=str(os.popen('echo $(head -c 3 /etc/release)').read())
                                                OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
                                                -->End of Python script error report<--
  • Hello. I have a problem with RetroArch Addon on LibreELEC 9. When I trying download cores package addon closing with error.

Code
    16:17:26.712 T:976216960   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                 - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
                                                Error Contents: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
                                                Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                    project=str(os.popen('echo $(head -c 3 /etc/release)').read())
                                                OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
                                                -->End of Python script error report<--

you download the cores from addon settings and see how it goes...